TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Rest axis speed

Rest axis speed

I have an object that is set to rest only on the Z+ axis, but I haven't been able to figure out how to increase the speed that the object rotates to rest on Z+. Is this possible?

Without trying every single property it's very hard to say something isn't possible. None of the other values in Attributes have any effect, although I think you should say what properties you've investigated so that if someone has an idea they can see if it's already been tried.
    Last edited by R Soul; 19th May 2019 at 08:04.

Dóttirin klęšist oft móšur möttli
    Try to play with gravity settings. Set it to 300-700.

I've tried changing settings on gravity, mass, and base friction with no change in rotation. I should have mentioned that this is a dynamic flame sfx with scaled bitmaps, but I needed the flame to rotate to the +Z axis because it would look odd if the flame landed sideways. This particular flame is a corpse of a lantern, and sometimes the lantern lands sideways. The problem is that it rotates too slowly.

ZylonBane
    Why not just set your SFX Particles/Particle Group Motion to "Trailing Object" so that it ignores the orientation of the object it's attached to?

thanks ZB! That did the trick.