TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Happy 15th anniversary Thief Deadly Shadows!

Quote Originally Posted by Lucid View Post
    Thief DS was the result of a studio assigning a Lead Game Designer / Artists to the project who never played the originals, and everything they learned about them is what they read or someone told them.
    This isn't entirely accurate. Harvey and Warren were both involved in previous Thief games and there were designers involved who were familiar with Thief as well, one of TTLG's own FM designers, Sledge, was a designer on the TDS.

A number of things happened with TDS. Warren wasn't really a fan of sitting and waiting in the game. He openly admitted to not really 'getting' that. He wanted less waiting and more action. They also weren't prepared nor had enough employees to tackle the issues they ran into with the engine. Xbox constraints at the time...having to fit the maps into 64mb of memory. It's a miracle the game worked as well as it did.

I hope to see another Thief game being made sometime in the next decade or so.

mcmike did you like demo i posted

It's awesome, now to make it as a complete fan mission using objectives and goals.

as i said before there are some missions already made using that map

brethren made one,real good mission and i think there is at least one other,maybe more,in mission ready to play

sorry i don't remember names of the missions,but they all good

Ok, cool. Thanks for letting me know. I'll check them out by searching for them on Google.

ZylonBane
    Christ, it's like watching COLOSSUS and GUARDIAN talking, but if they only had 4K of RAM each.

Playing Thief in 4K would be badass!

Quote Originally Posted by mcmike1489 View Post
    At least they kept the word "Taffer" in Deadly Shadows unlike Thief (2014) I don't remember the guards in the latest Thief game calling Garrett a Taffer.
    There was a conversation between two guards where one said he was called "Taffer" by someone he has beaten to death, so he couldnīt ask him about the meaning.

Otherwise, TDS is not something I like to celebrate. For me it was already not a real Thief game anymore. I finally have beaten it Expert 100 % loot, but unlike T1 and T2 itīs not likely I will touch this garbage again.

Oh ok, well it's been awhile since I last played Thief (2014) so I don't remember, but thanks. TDS isn't that bad in my opinion, sure it had it's glitches and issues, but the game was still playable. I respect your opinion though. We all entitled to our opinion.

To each his own, but yes, thatīs what opinions are .
    I donīt mind the glitches in TDS, in this regard it isnīt such an issue. What I dislike are:
    - small levels
    - killing of armed NPCs even allowed on Expert(due to poor level design often without other chance)
    - hamfisted story
    - Cradle
    - Kurshok, because they look like monsters from a cheap 50ties horrorfilm
    - pseudo-GTA city
    ...and a lot of other things.
    Thief 2014 is meh, but at least consistent meh.

ZylonBane
    Quote Originally Posted by Udo View Post
    50ties
    Mother of god.

I understand, but TDS has some fan missions you can download and play whenever you like. But not as many as Thief 1/Gold and Thief 2 unfortunately. Wish people made more missions to make the library more bigger than it is right now, but it's ok we do have The Dark Mod after all which is similar to TDS in a gameplay prospective.

Zombified
    Quote Originally Posted by ZylonBane View Post
    Mother of god.
    it's pronounced as fiv-tiddies.

LOL!!!

Happy Taffin' Birthday to my Th-avorite Thief

Even though you're over a week late, haha!

Even though you're over a week late, haha!
    Getting old for the other things getting old too!

Also, where's our beloved retexture master John-P these days?

If TDS survived.....it's because of his masterwork.

Yeah, sadly we are all getting older. I don't know, try contacting him and see what he is up to.

At least they kept the word "Taffer" in Deadly Shadows unlike Thief (2014) I don't remember the guards in the latest Thief game calling Garrett a Taffer.
    I heard it once. A woman in the Burricks inn (or whatever it was called in the new game) said it once. It was so uneventful that it was easy to be forgotten.

Oh ok, yeah no wonder it’s a forgotten moment in the game. No wonder it flopped so bad. We may not see a Thief 5 game anytime soon sadly because of the bad ratings.

Iīm about to replay TDS with Sneaky Upgrade. Had to make a lot of tweaks to feel "home".

Even with EAX-HD working on my Headphones I have to say, that the sound-system is awful! Sound is sometimes cutoff entirely when you close a door or even a gate! (you can still see the sound source, but not hear it)
    Almost no ambient sounds. The Soundtrack by Brosius is great though.

And yeah, Mission-size and -design... Itīs far inferiour to the origianl THIEFs.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGION669 View Post
    Iīm about to replay TDS with Sneaky Upgrade. Had to make a lot of tweaks to feel "home".

Even with EAX-HD working on my Headphones I have to say, that the sound-system is awful! Sound is sometimes cutoff entirely when you close a door or even a gate! (you can still see the sound source, but not hear it)

And yeah, Mission-size and -design... Itīs far inferiour to the origianl THIEFs.
    That's great dude, have fun! Happy taffing!

Quote Originally Posted by LEGION669 View Post

Use indirectsound ( https://www.indirectsound.com/downloads.html ) to restore positional sound.
    Or you could try this for positional sound+EAX

-> http://vaporeon.io/hosted/dsoal-builds/dsoal-r391.7z

Mod the .ini file like this:

*5.1 speakers configuration
    [General]
    sample-type=int16
    channels=surround51rear
    frequency=48000
    stereo-mode=headphones
    hrtf=false
    default-hrtf=Built-In 48000hz
    drivers="wasapi,-dsound,"

*2.1 speakers configuration
    [General]
    sample-type=int16
    channels=stereo
    frequency=48000
    stereo-mode=headphones
    hrtf=false
    default-hrtf=Built-In 48000hz
    drivers="wasapi,-dsound,"
    Last edited by lowenz; 12th Jul 2019 at 03:08.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast