TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: THIEF PODCAST online now!

THIEF PODCAST online now!

We have a megathread now so please go on there! Links>>> https://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthre...07#post2424707

Hey Taffers,

**UPDATE** 08.06.2019 FIRST OFFICIAL EPISODE

And here we go.....our first episode is online. Our fellow members Nex, Lord Soth and Supremcee try to waste or pimp 2 hours of your time We are talking about the first missions of the different THIEF games and what they did to the player, how effective they were to teach you of the game mechanics. That was the idea, and we tried to stay on that path

We hope you enjoy this. It's available with every average podcast app, spotify and if iTunes wouldn't be so slow it would be already available there too. If you can't find it with searching for it please enter the RSS-Feed https://ghqvsl.podcaster.de/inside-at-last.rss to your podcast app. You can also dirctly download it here: https://ghqvsl.podcaster.de/download...rsTraining.mp3

We would appreciate your feedback since it's just the start we are sure there is alot to improve but we hope you guys will like the basic concept. Next episode will be about "Seven Sisters" by the great and unforgotten "Lady Rowena". So if you haven't played it so far please do it because we will spoil things

**UPDATE**07.06.2019

Real teaser episode is online. Please keep in mind that the quality will be better in the official episodes since I will use a different microphone. So, please enjoy the idea of the thief podcast

Direct Download : https://ghqvsl.podcaster.de/download/IAL_EP0_Teaser.mp3

**UPDATE**06.06.2019
    We are already making good progress I've setup the podcast feed already which will deliver all new episodes to iTunes, Spotify and all known podcast apps like castbox, podcast addict etc.

Here is the rss feed if you want to feed an app with it: https://ghqvsl.podcaster.de/inside-at-last.rss

And you should find it soon by simply searching for "Inside at Last" on the app and device you prefer

Thanks again to CORSAIR for the logo, I made some adjustments to it, I hope that's okay.

You will find all new infos here very soon

Thanks for all the support so far and hope we can enjoy the one and only thief dedicated podcast soon and often!

If you have questions, want to be part of the project etc. post here or write a PM.

I recently had the idea to produce a THIEF PODCAST!
    I already have a podcast in Germany which is going nice so I have my experience in doing one.

But without the community a Thief podcast on my own would be pretty boring so it’s up to you guys to join me in on that. I’d love to find one, two or at max. three people who would like to join regularly for a podcast about thief. There’s no schedule, not “every two weeks we bring you a podcast” but let’s just have something like it. There are so many things to talk about. The THIEF-series gives us hours of conversations. From the Series in total, each individual game, individual missions, FAN MISSIONS and SERIES, who prefers which style of playing thief and why,…………you see the list is almost endless.
    So I’d love to find some people who would love to create this project and do episodes regularly without any pressure.

Conditions are:
    *Most important: Experience in the THIEF series and most of the fanmissions

*that you can express yourself fluent on English
    *you have a decent microphone (good headset or even better a standalone microphone)
    *You are able to record your Microphone with a program like AUDACITY and send the audiofile to me (recording a skype chat for example kills the quality, I need individual audiofiles which I can arrange in postproduction)
    *you are reliable, if we make an appointment for recording a podcast you will be there on time.
    *in best case you have SKYPE,DISCORD or we can find a TEAMSPEAK server/channel
    Last edited by Supremcee; 2nd Jul 2019 at 19:04.

i will be honest ,only thing i really like about thief videos,are the the commentary walk through's

but i wish you luck with your idea

also the title is decent but the first words uttered in thief besides first guards conversation is that one guard you walk by and he says "hey, how's it going" seems like a great title also

Quote Originally Posted by downwinder View Post
    i will be honest ,only thing i really like about thief videos,are the the commentary walk through's

but i wish you luck with your idea

also the title is decent but the first words uttered in thief besides first guards conversation is that one guard you walk by and he says "hey, how's it going" seems like a great title also
    thanks for your feedback most of it is about your own preferences and the podcast is not about videos. "hey, how's it going" sounds like a good introduction but I think it's too generous even for a thief fan to think of thief when you hear it.

I like the idea and will definitely give it a listen. I may be able to give a day over a weekend or something, but I currently cannot spare the time.

Oh, and I like the Podcast name. I think that's a good choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Corsair View Post
    I like the idea and will definitely give it a listen. I may be able to give a day over a weekend or something, but I currently cannot spare the time.

Oh, and I like the Podcast name. I think that's a good choice.
    Thanks for your support Let's hope someone will say "yes i have the time"

Yes I have the time!
    I would like to join.

I am happy to take part in this as i have time to spare, have a half good mic on my headset and able to record with OBS if i need to. Have my own discord channel to be used if needed. Have played thief since day one and most of the thief mission over the years and still playing them to this day. Also have my own website for thief fan mission and files.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Soth View Post
    I am happy to take part in this as i have time to spare, have a half good mic on my headset and able to record with OBS if i need to. Have my own discord channel to be used if needed. Have played thief since day one and most of the thief mission over the years and still playing them to this day. Also have my own website for thief fan mission and files.
    Wrote you one but I don't know if it was really sent, have no notifications of it....I don't get the PM service here, so please let me know. But it just said lets meet on discord #7159 and join me on the Inside@Last server there https://discord.gg/UZmCZA
    Last edited by Supremcee; 5th Jun 2019 at 14:37.

Quote Originally Posted by neux View Post
    Yes I have the time!
    I would like to join.
    Wrote you a PM to, almost with the same text...see you on discord? #7159 and join me on the Inside@Last server there https://discord.gg/UZmCZA
    Last edited by Supremcee; 5th Jun 2019 at 14:37.

very interesting >:3
    good luck with your idea.

Here's a thumbnail image I threw together.
    https://i.imgur.com/auookIL.png

Quote Originally Posted by Supremcee View Post
    Wrote you one but I don't know if it was really sent, have no notifications of it....I don't get the PM service here, so please let me know.
    I've sent you a couple of PMs about this so please write a visitor message or email me if you don't get them.

Here's a thumbnail image I threw together.
    https://i.imgur.com/auookIL.png
    Maaaaan that's so great! Thank you alot! So are we free to use it? Don't know what to say...you are great! Did you do it in photoshop? Would it be possible to get the PSD and the ressources you used?

@nickie Thanks again, I answered you

Master Builder 2018
    I love your idea for a podcast, and will certainly tune in to hear it. Keep us posted!

Quote Originally Posted by pukey brunster View Post
    I love your idea for a podcast, and will certainly tune in to hear it. Keep us posted!
    Thank you
    so far we are 3 people which is the perfect podcast number i think aaaaand as hyped and energetic as we are right now, the first episode shouldn't take too long to be launched the next few days but no promises

Quote Originally Posted by Supremcee View Post
    Maaaaan that's so great! Thank you alot! So are we free to use it? Don't know what to say...you are great! Did you do it in photoshop? Would it be possible to get the PSD and the ressources you used?

@nickie Thanks again, I answered you
    I didn't save it as a PSD or the resources, so I quickly redid it and did just that. It's a little different, but you can edit it as you like in Photoshop now.
    New: https://i.imgur.com/sS6yO15.png
    PSD: https://www.mediafire.com/file/iq47pi2jwvocxbd/
    Windows 10 Pro, i7-8700K, CLC GTX 1080ti x2, ROG Maximus X Code, 32gb DDR4 3200.
    https://pcpartpicker.com/list/GghJQZ

I don't think I can necessarily commit to regular participation due to my often busy schedule (and time zones being what they are, since I'm from Canada), but if you ever need an extra person I might be interested. I'm set up for recording since I do voice acting occasionally, and the only real hitch apart from timing is my lack of general knowledge when it comes to FMs; sure, I've played a lot of them, but I haven't played many of the "classics" and I tend to go in and out of Thief phases, switching between playing my endless FM backlog and my endless game backlog. I have a fair bit of knowledge when it comes to OMs, however, as I've been through the original games many times over the years.

We are making much progress, we found our 3 basic participants but of course guests are always welcome. Please check the first post here which will feature all of the recent updates. a trailer episode is already online with two of us. you can get it on spotify, every podcast app or use the rss feed mentioned in post #1. Soon iTunes should be available too.

Quote Originally Posted by McTaffer View Post
    I don't think I can necessarily commit to regular participation due to my often busy schedule (and time zones being what they are, since I'm from Canada), but if you ever need an extra person I might be interested. I'm set up for recording since I do voice acting occasionally, and the only real hitch apart from timing is my lack of general knowledge when it comes to FMs; sure, I've played a lot of them, but I haven't played many of the "classics" and I tend to go in and out of Thief phases, switching between playing my endless FM backlog and my endless game backlog. I have a fair bit of knowledge when it comes to OMs, however, as I've been through the original games many times over the years.
    Thanks for your feedback. Yeah the time zone problem doesn't allow regular meetings but I think we can find maybe some dates guests are always welcome!

I didn't save it as a PSD or the resources, so I quickly redid it and did just that. It's a little different, but you can edit it as you like in Photoshop now.
    New: https://i.imgur.com/sS6yO15.png
    PSD: https://www.mediafire.com/file/iq47pi2jwvocxbd/
    Thank you again! I already adjusted your former picture but I might do it with your PSD now. Great job man! Thanks for your early support we appreciate that

I bought a nice podcasting mic because--at one point--I was part of a writing group and we were going to start sort of a storytelling podcast. Unfortunately, two of the people in that group couldn't get along and the idea just kind of died. So now I have a fancy mic and nothing to do with it.

BUT, I work weird hours (1 to 10pm on weekdays) and am almost definitely in a completely different timezone (U.S. Eastern Time). I'd still love to drop in on an episode or two if it's possible. Just let me know!

I have both Audacity and Discord.

Quote Originally Posted by The Mike View Post
    I bought a nice podcasting mic because--at one point--I was part of a writing group and we were going to start sort of a storytelling podcast. Unfortunately, two of the people in that group couldn't get along and the idea just kind of died. So now I have a fancy mic and nothing to do with it.

BUT, I work weird hours (1 to 10pm on weekdays) and am almost definitely in a completely different timezone (U.S. Eastern Time). I'd still love to drop in on an episode or two if it's possible. Just let me know!

I have both Audacity and Discord.
    Hey thank you, so this sounds pretty complicated but as told before we like to have different people joining us now and then...and there are other interested people from your time zone, maybe we can find dates so that we maybe stay up very late/early and we can meet some of you overseas thieves

This was an interesting, yet relaxed podcast. I will definitely check out future episodes. It definitely helps having one or a few central topics, and some specific questions to answer. I really liked how you organized it. A few digressions along the way, but you always brought it back to Running Interference.

Surprised lord soth hadn't experienced the disabling of enemy patrols, though it might happen more in thief 1. Assassins is the best mission to see it.

i dont use phone/apps and i dont like to download stuff

is it possible you can put up a link to watch online that is streaming/pre recorded

i dont use phone/apps and i dont like to download stuff

is it possible you can put up a link to watch online that is streaming/pre recorded
    it doesnt actually download anything, it plays in browser (at least for me)

you right psychosis ,thank you listening to it now

good show but i think it was a bit to long in time
    Last edited by downwinder; 10th Jun 2019 at 21:10.

Quote Originally Posted by klatremus View Post
    This was an interesting, yet relaxed podcast. I will definitely check out future episodes. It definitely helps having one or a few central topics, and some specific questions to answer. I really liked how you organized it. A few digressions along the way, but you always brought it back to Running Interference.

Surprised lord soth hadn't experienced the disabling of enemy patrols, though it might happen more in thief 1. Assassins is the best mission to see it.
    Thanks for your feedback! this honours us (especially nex is excited about it ). And thanks for answering our question about disabled AI patrols. We hope to see you soon!

you right psychosis ,thank you listening to it now

good show but i think it was a bit to long in time
    Thank you and glad you figured out a way to play it I think podcasts are a very special way of explaining/reviewing something because you mostly have just words so it takes a while, also most podcasters (including myself with my other podcast) have experienced that their listeners love to have detailed conversations with many possible perspectives and are happy with a 90min+ episode because they don't have to listen to it in one piece and since they are interested in the topic they love to get as deep as possible. Like always it's a personal preference but I think 90min to 2h is a good length as long as you can keep it interesting which also is a very personal opinion.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast