TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: buttons not working with newdark1.27

buttons not working with newdark1.27

Ever since i have updated my upcoming new mission with NewDark 1.27 buttons are not working, switches are working, i have checked all buttons links, everything seems well, but when i press the buttons they don't send the command to open their respective doors.

anyone knows why is this happening and how to fix it?
    Last edited by Cardia; 22nd Jun 2019 at 10:04.

Dóttirin klęšist oft móšur möttli
    Buttons work in ND1.27. Maybe you changed something, deleted stdbutton script on the object archetype maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Unna Oertdottir View Post
    Buttons work in ND1.27. Maybe you changed something, deleted stdbutton script on the object archetype maybe?
    i don't know how i could have done that, any change to recover the stdbutton script ?

i've loaded previous versions of the mission and the buttons are still not working.

I´ve also tested other missions and buttons are not working. i don't understand what i possibly could have done.
    Last edited by Cardia; 22nd Jun 2019 at 13:05.

StdButton is on the buttons archetype. Check this. Also drop gen.osm and reload it.

StdButton is on the buttons archetype. Check this. Also drop gen.osm and reload it.
    I´ve replace this new gen.osm from newdark 1.27 with the old one and this time the buttons are working.

NewDark doesn't install or replace gen.osm. What exactly did you install and how?

NewDark doesn't install or replace gen.osm. What exactly did you install and how?
    i had replace the gen.osm which is included in the newDark.127, and apparently that had prevent the buttons from working, but when i replaced the gen.osm from 2000 the buttons work again.

There is no gen.osm in NewDark. What exactly did you install and how?

There is no gen.osm in NewDark. What exactly did you install and how?
    Yes there is, check the folder "mp" . Anyway the problem is solved thank you Unna.

You installed multiplayer. This an important information. I checked this. Yes, StdButton doesn't work. Looks like a bug in the osm. I wonder if that works in multiplayer.

Unna if you want i can report this in the french forum addressed to the Le Corbeau.