TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: GOG Galaxy 2.0 - One Launcher to rule them all?

Ah, my bad, I thought you meant taskbar. They're adding all these new features a little by little, so I'd imagine that you get your context menu sooner or later.

Do they have a roadmap page like on Epic?

Moderator and Priest
    Doesn't look like it. All I was able to find was this page.

Really though, the thing's about feature complete. I've been using it as my main launcher since I got my invite a few months back, and the only thing it's missing are some nice quality of life details here and there.

The open beta has just launched, so everyone can give it a try now. And everyone should give it a try.

https://www.gogalaxy.com/

I'm still expecting to see some minor features to be added, but Galaxy 2.0 is already perfectly functional and my main launcher right now.

Moderator and Priest
    Ditto. There are two issues with it that keep it from being absolutely 100% super perfect, but they're really more slight inconveniences than big problems.

1. About once a month-ish, I'll find myself having to relog into Steam to get it to resync my games.

2. You can't install and remove games from the Epic Store inside of GOG. Attempting to do so will launch its browser, so it's not a massive pain in the butt, but you still have to do the real work there.

Other than that, it's all smooth sailing.

Yeah I went to use Galaxy for playing Phoenix Point, but when I went to install it, it brought up Epic Games Store. So been using that for it instead,

Moderator and Priest
    Keep in mind you don't HAVE to use Epic Game Store to launch their games, you just have to use it to install them.

I've actually got Galaxy set up to close the other various clients I use whenever I quit one of their games. It takes a few seconds longer to launch something, but I like running a smoove ship.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123