TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: New T2 Mission : "Les Paolis" updated to V. 1.2 (09-12-2019)

Yeah, I have the option turned on in fm select to convert the ogg files to wavs. I believe this helps with the frame rate while playing certain fms. Fms seem to not stutter in certain areas if the sound files are in wav format. I didn't think the file size should be that big of a deal. Do people care that much about file size these days with hard drives being so large?

It would be the rest of the 35% not 45%.

Quote Originally Posted by cavador_8
    I have the option turned on in fm select to convert the ogg files to wavs. I believe this helps with the frame rate while playing certain fms. [...] Do people care that much about file size these days with hard drives being so large?
    Some do, others don't. But since you did it for a reason, it's okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Psych0sis View Post
    It would be the rest of the 35% not 45%.
    No. Cardia is building much larger areas than the average mission author, therefore the sum of all parts is 110%, not 100.

Yes 35%! my apologies!

ok yes amazing fm but i cannot get into the window for the helmet ... I have used the speed potion made a leap onto the arch but cannot get into the window ... tried a million times it seems haha so any hints as to positioning or the like would be sooooo loved

Quote Originally Posted by maika View Post
    ok yes amazing fm but i cannot get into the window for the helmet ... I have used the speed potion made a leap onto the arch but cannot get into the window ... tried a million times it seems haha so any hints as to positioning or the like would be sooooo loved
    Maika check here:

and there is another way from the roof, but never tried that method , the easiest way is using a speed potion.

Updated download with important notes: https://www.thiefguild.com/fanmissions/10238/les-paolis

@Cardia, is it possible to combine all mission 1 videos to one video and all mission 2 videos to one video? I will then be interested to post them on my website. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Marzec View Post
    Updated download with important notes: https://www.thiefguild.com/fanmissions/10238/les-paolis

@Cardia, is it possible to combine all mission 1 videos to one video and all mission 2 videos to one video? I will then be interested to post them on my website. Thanks!
    I did a playlist for each mission:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLK3...B-JqxpcTH-9jYU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ok8J...PIfdTWGDvDNSQe

However i don't have a youtube premium account to upload long videos.

Thank you for hosting my mission at your website !

Hey Cardia, my link has changed. I revised it in my last post on page 9 of this thread. Can you revise it on your first page?

Quote Originally Posted by cavador_8 View Post
    Hey Cardia, my link has changed. I revised it in my last post on page 9 of this thread. Can you revise it on your first page?
    Done

thank you so appreciated

french dialogues

Just finished your two day missions... all great exept map would be fruit on the cake and too much loot to be found! garrett simply cant carry that much... But what are the various french characters saying to one another that you see and those behind the doors? Could anyone post what they say?

p.s. Does Marine Le Pen know she was buried in a video game? I dont think she deserves it and she isnt that extreme or hateful!

Almost finished second mission, NPC's conversations amusing me, i recognize some voices like Karadoc and Perceval from the TV show Kaamelot, Emmanuel Macron & François Hollande too. Did you pick those Wave files from youtube poops ? Some are very hilarious !
    I'm playing on Hard because i couldn't reach the loot goal in the first mission, except that point your campaign enjoyed me. The architecture of the buildings are well done, same for the voice acting. What I less liked is the dance music, it's strange that you had the idea to integrate it because it fit not so good with the Thief or medieval universe.

Orfeus21 : One of Garrett diary explains how he has been doing alot of sport to be able to carry more things. Also he has an elastic bag as you can see in the first mission at the starting point. Posting here what characters say would take me alot of work , there are so many french dialogues in this campaign. Also i prefer not to talk about Le Pen , it's a delicate subject specially in this forum where it's like walking over eggs.

Varen: One of the Kaamelott dialogues i recorded from the l'intégrale coffret les six livres, but Emmanuel Macron and François Hollande i recorded in youtube using audacity. But if you understand all dialogues and you know well kaamelott séries then i assume you are french, i don't think Kaamelott is known outside France, at least not in Portugal.
    For the loot version there's a version created by Cavador_8 where loot goals are easier to complete.
    There are no dance music in this campaign, though the music you listen it fits to dance what you have here is mainly Deep House and Dub techno, and some progressive house as well as techno .
    It was listening to deep house that led me to build this campaing, the sounds of this genre evoke to me night atmospheres, stars, lights in the streets, big open spaces. But for example i can't associate deep house with daylight atmospheres. This goes also to "Religious conflict" where it was listening to Plastikman, Locust and Louderbach, that also led me to build that mission. "FTM Life" listening to Boards of Canada , Ten and Tracer, Chachi Jones...etc. And the same with other missions i did, there's always music behind their creation.
    Last edited by Cardia; 22nd Dec 2019 at 06:57.

This was a fun mission to play on Christmas vacation , thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by vincentlancon View Post
    This was a fun mission to play on Christmas vacation , thanks.
    I´m glad you liked it, thank for playing it!

After a hard time with an earlier Pedro mission I thought this was going to be another loot search nightmare but knowing the loot hide style found 14530 in P1 and 24,557 in P2, even found all secrets in Part 1! 3h 40min and 4h 47min.

ur super pedro

keep going pedro you are amazing among the best mission makers exept maybe that transsexual mission just doesnt fit into the thief world! how did you get the idea for it

WOW!!!

Only part way through this one, but I must comment upon the incredible realism of the town setting. The scale and detail are stunning.
    Plenty to do, too.
    Having fun so far.
    Back to it. . .

Marmbo, i´m glad you found with some easiness the loot and secrets in this campaign.

Orfeus21, thank you for the reprise , the transsexual idea came from a FTM i met in Senhora da Hora, his story touched me and i thought sharing his kind of reality to other people here would allow them to be aware of the hard reality they have to endure and understand their condition. I have planned for the future a mission that will be a continuation to FTM, but this time it will be focused on the uncle of this FTM who is a heavy drugs addicted, and show how this kind of reality is very hard.

tone_lord, Many thanks for your kind words , you will love the second part as well it has also many things to offer. Thank you for playing it !

OMFG!

I am playing through mission 2 currently. Much to go.

I have run out of words of praise, but I'll try.

Vast, realistic, details that blow the mind (such as: candles inside these triple-chambered lamps in the cathedral that are individually enclosed in small panes of glass; I mean WTF? Who is so obsessive that they bother with that type of detail? It is wonderful!), beautiful, engrossing

An effort on a heroic scale executed at a level of professionalism that raises Les Paolis into the stratosphere of Thiefish accomplishment.

Cardia, you are a Master of Dromed of the 33rd Degree.

Tone_lord, many thanks for your kind words. That triple chambered lamp model was created by Zontik, he has many amazing creations.
    I´m creating a mission similar to "Les Paolis" for a team t1 campaign, i´m sure you will also love it once this project will be finish and ready to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardia View Post
    Tone_lord, many thanks for your kind words. That triple chambered lamp model was created by Zontik, he has many amazing creations.
    I´m creating a mission similar to "Les Paolis" for a team t1 campaign, i´m sure you will also love it once this project will be finish and ready to play.
    I eagerly await the T1 release.

I am a failure!

Sitting at 23416 loot for mission 2 after 9 hours 19 minutes (I reeeeeeally like exploring!).
    All listed objectives (and one bonus objective) except the gem collection. I can't find it even with a strong hint of location from earlier in the mission thread.
    Help! (I feel cheap and dirty asking for help. Meanwhile I will keep looking and hope to find it on my own.)

I did "cheat" to the extent of getting the secrets list from the thread above simply because the mission is so vast.

Getting to some areas required innovative techniques. Although it's quite possible I missed some obvious and easy access points, I found that creative use of slowfall and speed potions got me to places otherwise inaccessible, and rooftop excursions can be extensive and roundabout.

Turning off all the music that can be turned off is another goal I want to get.

Tone_lord check the walktrough videos i did for this mission:

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast