TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: New T2 Mission : "Les Paolis" updated to V. 1.1 (13-07-2019)

Thank you pwl, remember a side jump is enough to reach certain places, no need speed potion.

Valmontphl thanks for playing, im not sure Deep house is you cup of tea, nevertheless i gave the liberty for players to turn off the music.

A hint i have in readme file, don't forget that decorative wooden panels can be shoot with rope arrows.

Mission not finished but beautiful mission, scenarios are well constructed, all sounds are well chosen and well placed, sweet gameplay creates a magical scenario, overall it's a high quality production. Thank you for this gemstone.

yes please cardia i need more help to find the helmet and painting

Apparently this campaign runs well with NewDark 1.26.

Marbleman, those are kind words , youre reproducing the kind of compliments i use in other missions, you love to dig up my traces do'n't you ?
    Anyway video walktroughs will be done soon.

Steve, ill post here screenshots with stronger hints:

For Atila's helmet:

https://i.postimg.cc/V6TPwn9w/dump119.png

solution:

https://i.postimg.cc/4xZdjRN5/dump120.png

For Velazquez painting :

https://i.postimg.cc/fTMQNzmJ/dump121.png

Solution:

https://i.postimg.cc/QNkvS2ws/dump124.png

mission 1 complete 14463/15317,3/6 secrets

amazing first mission

also in mission 1 i was in the 2 area's i had to go back to just must have missed the items :P

also in mission 2 there is one fireplace that is like a real fire ,kinda a tv effect look ,i like it a lot,i also saw the fireplace with flame cut out and another type of fireplace

only complaint on mission 1 was the sky it was so many stars i lagged a bit from it,i would say use the Hubble deep field star pic for a skybox,its more amazing then most pics
    Last edited by downwinder; 29th Jun 2019 at 21:34.

I am having trouble finding the murderer of the workers brother I thought it might be in the city watch but no if some one could give a big hint to what area to look.

Also I am 4000 short of loot

Quote Originally Posted by pwl View Post
    I am having trouble finding the murderer of the workers brother I thought it might be in the city watch but no if some one could give a big hint to what area to look.

Also I am 4000 short of loot
    i can help its in a room under a bed red book i think a upper floor room from streets,i missed it first time also,when in any cardia room,always go slow and frob everything slowly top to bottom

not sure of excate location but just check under all beds in rooms for a red book,you ending on that is brutal i wont spoil it

as far as loot you have to be a elite searcher to get the amount for expert but i was able to and found a bit more ,but dont think i will ever attempted to 100% loot on mission 1

need a bit of help on mission 2 where is Sandra's room? and where is tree god mask and the gem collection,also where is key to open little chest above pedo priest?

German Patch available

Since the author didn't wait with the release of a multi-language version, here's the german patch for all german speaking taffers. Just install the FM, then copy all files from the ZIP's german folders into the corresponding english folders before playing. That should do it.
    Last edited by zappenduster; 30th Jun 2019 at 04:07.
    My FM campaigns Garrett's Young Years XTra, Reunion With Basso
    Want your upcoming FM translated in foreign languages?

Quote Originally Posted by zappen View Post
    Since the author didn't wait with the release of a multi-language version, here's the german patch for all german speaking taffers.
    wait, i want to do a mission zip file apart with the German version, i haven't sent you yet the names of the objects.

i'm playing on normal level

where can i find the diary of jean michel and where can i find andreani ?

Steve, Sandra's apartment is very easy to find Rue de la pente, la belle maison, you have the key in your inventory , the Tree God Mask: Rue du canal,in the writer's room , the priest key: check the lounging room stronger spoiler for the priest key location: above the grandfather clock

Radogoal, Jean-Michel diary is in the ambassador's building, above Jean-Michel desk on plain sight , Adreani can be found In the city watch station, on the top floor inside one of the cells
    Last edited by Cardia; 30th Jun 2019 at 08:05.

the ambassador building is beside the pharmacie? and how can i get in ?

Quote Originally Posted by radogoal View Post
    the ambassador building is beside the pharmacie? and how can i get in ?
    yes that's correct, to get inside: at the beginning of the street, you have a small path that goes up, behind the restaurant that makes cassolet, look for a open window.

Screenshots by Athalle:

Thanks for this campaign Pedro I'm almost three hours in the first mission and starting to get annoyed
    I miss 7000 loot. Can't believe it, where the heck is the rest? I found a door with bars behind it, and i can see some goodies inside. How to get in there?
    Also, i have not found anything that could help the two persons. Some hints would be appreciated.

have the same problems.

how can i helpf the two servanst and where can i find them and i miss also about 7000 loot .

now i'm in the restaurant and found the diary, but how can i get to the ambassador building

Beltzer and Radogoal, about the servants:

For the maid: check the room above the Le bonneHomme taver, the diary is in plain sight above the bedtable

For Ahmed : in the obelisque place, check the room in the tudor house top floor, below the bed

Beltzer for the loot in that jewel store : if you look closely at the oposite wall youll notice a red button strong spoiler : shoot a arrow in the red button

Anyway a new version of this mission will come soon with lower loot goal requirements.
    Last edited by Cardia; 30th Jun 2019 at 08:21.

Thanks. All finished, just 3700 left. But i'll give up now. What a disappointment, i could not steel all the loot in that store
    Last edited by Beltzer; 30th Jun 2019 at 09:35.

Quote Originally Posted by Beltzer View Post
    Thanks. All finished, just 3700 left. But i'll give up now. What a disappointment, i could not steel all the loot in that store
    You can always wait and try the new version of this mission that will come soon with lower loot goal requirements.

Is that lower loot requirements in both missions?

Also, I find the voice overs in the briefing videos for missions 1 and 2 way too quiet. Maybe you can fix that too.

where can i find teh taverne maison au delerin?

Quote Originally Posted by Psych0sis View Post
    Honestly... This is unfortunately a pretty big letdown of a mission(s) I have ever played. I really wanted to play a new Thief 2 FM, but I am going to have to pass after getting a little bit into mission 2...

lets see

- Takes place in IRL France, everyone speaks french, so if you aren't a native French speaker you cannot tell certain alerts and whatnot because... well, you don't speak the language . I get thematically, this makes sense. But thief is a game where sounds from guards is pretty important, I want to know when I alerted someone, and I just can't tell if I did or not because I just can't understand if what they're saying is "who's there?!?" or just some idle talk.

- Loot goals are a bit extreme, 14k and 25k on expert seems like too much. Ultimately the gameplay suffered, I feel, because it was just: Lockpick door, steal a couple items, leave out the same way, look for next door to lockpick etc etc. It just feels like padded on time, kinda irked me after a bit.

- The custom loot objects which are used is neat in theory sometimes they're loot in one building but then not in the next, so consistency is pretty... well, inconsistent. Also I think these objects and others are why the filesize is so bloated despite being only 2 missions.

- Mission is pretty flat, the wide open streets are lit by pretty dull lighting and the shadows aren't as apparent as they should be, leaves me annoyed trying to find safe spots. And since the streets are so big and open, guards can see me from a mile away and it's just super annoying to deal with.

- I must say, I really don't get this "Deep House Music" stuff. It's kinda offputting in a couple of places you put it in IDK, just doesn't really feel like a "thief" type of soundtrack.

- The readables are alright I guess, it seems you've gotten better in the recent years. However, the one with the Priest and his, erm, "obsession" is probably the most offending of the bunch unfortunately. I get what you're going for and the actual subject matter is... fine, but who would write something as incriminating as this in a diary? And from a gameplay standpoint, why put in stuff like "Garrett feels disgusted by reading this" in brackets right after? If you have to tell the reader (the player in this case) how to feel after reading something i feel like it just comes off a little cheesy and would need work.

- Sound clipping in A LOT of places, ambient transitions are just non-existent and something will be playing and then just instantly stop and be silence when entering a building. That's fine I suppose, but when you leave the ambiance doesn't come back. Was this mission tested properly? This is one of the things you should try to iron out early so it doesn't put off players.

- FPS comes to a crawl at some spots due to the aforementioned long sightlines, tangled on with a bunch of objects being displayed on screen at once. I assume you know this, but with how the engine works, objects on screen causes it to break a little. This happened in FtM Life and other missions that do this with objects, like some of Christine's (Raven Creek being the most apparent).

Here's an example of the "Line of Sight" issue:
    https://i.imgur.com/8G9Obfg.png

Also just want to touch on the skybox here. In a town as lit as this you would NOT be able to see as many stars in the sky as this one. Why not try using NewSky and create something more full of life? The things you can do with it are pretty awesome.
    I sign this! And considering one of the beta testers, it really seems like a beta version and not the final product. Don't get me wrong, as everyone here, I really appreciate every mission that is made and published, as the other authors, you put alot of time and effort into your missions and we are lucky that after 20 years there are still missions to be released, for free to play our favorite game with new and mostly great content. One thing I really liked are the french talking guards because it totally makes sense, but why is everyone else talking perfect english except garret? he has an accent and what he says, Garret never would talk like that or write diaries like that. And that's just an example of what I will criticize now. Great idea and intention, but not thought through until the end. Actually I didn't pay attention to the author of this mission until I started it and since I'm really bad with names. But after 10mins of playing I realized, to say it in Garrets words. "wait, I know who this guy is" and sadly I recognized it must be one of your missions because it was as buggy as some of your other missions. Framerate drops that even lead to crashes (and yes my machine can handle Thief with HD etc. etc....) sound issues and in general things that just feel wrong. I don't need to name the issues, psychosis already did and he already said what I thought but here's my biggest issue, since some of this things repeat and repeat in your missions. Do you think it's better to rush out as many missions as possible with less polish and thought or release fewer missions but excellent ones that people will remember for good? I'm sorry but you seem to have really great ideas and I'm sure you are able to put them into great final products, but it's sad that they still suffer from issues already mentioned a while ago. For example, i was amazed by the idea and looks of FTM Life, but after a while it killed the fun because of technical issues, game mechanics and a story that has a great premise but doesn't catch me so I want to finish. As I said, don't get me wrong, I really appreciate your work but I think you could do better if you would just give everything a bit more time and final thoughts. So I wanted to talk about the mission in our new episode we will record today, but actually we don't want to be harsh or unfair. So please go on with your FMs and I'm curious what you will come up with your next FM

and one thing, since you seem to reply to positve feedback, I think you could also reply to psych0sis feedback as well since he's not just complaining, he really gives you very detailled examples. Feedback should be appreciated if it's reasonable.
    Last edited by Supremcee; 30th Jun 2019 at 11:46.

Hi Supremcee, i understand your point of view, i tried many times to fix the sound problems but with no success, frame-rates work well for me in this campaign, however in "FTM life" i do experience some slight lags.
    In any case i gave my best for this campaign, there are plenty of hours dedicated to this mission , 1 year and 2 months every single day between 2 and 3 hours. in the last 4 months between 3 and 4 hours a day. Regardless the difference between missions i did if there's one thing i have learned through out these years is that i can't please everyone , specially when i feel like im not working to get a salary and the need to attract alot of public as much as possible.
    I create things with my own rules because i know i won't be loosing money with it

As for future missions, i will start working now on a team T1 campaign with Stinkykitty and Vegetables. But now that i'm starting a new job i won't be able do dedicate so much time to Dromed as before. Also i need to live more my life, i can't spend so much time in dromed like i always did all these years (except in 2014) . As for T2 missions i will do very small ones for the next years. My full time for Dromed is over...however a future campaing to give a continuation to FTM life is on my list.
    Last edited by Cardia; 14th Jul 2019 at 07:51.

As I said, I appreciate all authors work. I just wanted to say, that there are some issues that repeat with different missions from you. Those issues where pointed out by some people and you seem to repeat these issues. It's not about your rules or creativity, it's technical issues that can be fixed or at least improved. People don't criticize this to harm you, they want you to improve and help you that way

Anyways, wish you a good start with the new job and keep on creating missions

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast