TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: New T2 Mission : "Les Paolis" updated to V. 1.1 (13-07-2019)

Dttirin klist oft mur mttli
    Quote Originally Posted by fortuni View Post
    You lasted that long?
    I gave my very best

Well, the other visible objectives checked off. This is the only important part for me.

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardia View Post
    next update will be less 2000 for "normal", less 1500 for "hard" and less 1000 for "expert" which means you need to find at least one secret and 30% of hidden loot in expert. It's not just run the places without a closer look from time to time.
    When I decide what the loot goals will be in my missions, I consider ONLY loot which is not found in secrets. IMO a player should be able to fulfill the loot goal on Expert without finding ANY secrets and it should never be more than 80%. My rule of thumb is usually 50-60-70% or 50-65-80% of the total loot not in secrets for the loot goals, rounded up to the nearest 100. My objective is for the player to generally have already fulfilled the loot goal by the time they finish all the other objectives (or be very close), because backtracking and searching for missed loot once everything else is done is not fun, and is also something Garrett wouldn't bother to do most of the time.

Hi!
    Well, another great mission from you, Cardia, i love your works!
    Not the buildings are beautiful but there are many well-hidden places as well. Really challenging!
    Finished in 5 hours, loot 14173 out of 15317 secrets 5/6...
    i found the loot hunting part extreme hard - as it was extreme hard in FTM mission as well (i even had to skip that mission because of missing loot)

So i have 4 questions if anyone could help in them:
    - i picked up some victrolas with a stange sound after the action. Is there something to do with them?
    - can the wall top be visited above the main gate of Pauli castle?
    - there is a guard patrolling on the top of the ambassador's house (where the diary of Jean Francois was found), can i access that area somehow? I found a building nearby with a ladder, but it can't be climbed.
    - i have found only 5 secrets where is the last one?
    (loot behind 2 paintings, ventillation shaft, at the house of the unhappiest wife in that city, and that helmet)

I made the gameplay for myself very difficult because i realized after ca 2 hours that there are ropeable decorations on the walls, i spent that 2 hours with trying to climb rooftops without rope arrows, ehh...

Thank you, i loved this beautiful first mission, now heading to the second part.

please for those who are having difficult looting the mission wait for the next update which will be more accessible for looting. After so many people complaining about loot i guess i have also to lower the loot goal in my previous missions as well.

Hi Cheela, thank you for the kind words and for playing this one.

-About the victrola key sound is to indicate you have found a place with loot
    -No, the top part of Paoli's Castle can't be visited
    -the rooftop of the ambassador's Residence cannot be explored, the ladder you mention cannot be used
    -secret's locations:
    maybe it's this you're missing? https://i.postimg.cc/RZV1QhGP/dump117.png

https://i.postimg.cc/BQhH0Ctk/dump113.png
    https://i.postimg.cc/90Q08vPM/dump116.png
    https://i.postimg.cc/8Cg5QFdx/dump119.png

Cheela im really sorry for the looting goal, if you want you can wait for the next updated version which i will lower drastically the loot amount required.
    Last edited by Cardia; 1st Jul 2019 at 14:52.

You want to update the mission?
    Then
    -rework the lights. Every light needs a radius. The radius must not be infinite. 30-50 is enough. Players are complaining about bad shadows. That's also important for performance since there are hundreds of lights in this mission which have endless radius.
    -rework the room brushes. Many room brushes inside room brushes. This doesn't work.

Thank you Unna. Some of the lights have already radius, but i will check those who don't have it and set them to 50. The room brushes i can't fix them, i've tried so many things, i have read posts regarding the problems with room brushes but still found few solutions.

You can always make small room brushes around the huge solids. Room brushes doesn't have to be big. The room brushes in this mission are huge, and they often don't overlap. That's why the sound isn't good. This was very lazy roombrushing
    Doing this properly will take many hours of work.
    Last edited by Unna Oertdottir; 2nd Jul 2019 at 03:57.

Quote Originally Posted by Unna Oertdottir View Post
    You can always make small room brushes around the huge solids. A room brushes doesn't have to be big. The room brushes in this mission are huge, and they often don't overlap. That's why the sound isn't good. This was very lazy roombrushing
    Doing this properly will take many hours of work.
    The roombrushing issue is mainly in the first mission. but you mean that if i replace a huge roombrush for several less taller and less wider that can fix the problem?

After so many people complaining about loot i guess i have also to lower the loot goal in my previous missions as well.
    And that's what I was talking about, I think this is not the first time people mentioned something like this and were complaining about in your missions and you still do it. Ofcourse you are the artist and your free to do whatever you want to do with you mission but I think one of your goals you want to achieve is giving the community sth. to enjoy. And I see many very positive feedbacks and I'm sure you deserve them but I also never see so many complaints and mentioning things that feel wrong in other FM threads, so please think about it, making games is an art, yes, but it's a very technical/science based art that needs the beholder to make it work at the end which are the players, and they complain about similar things so please try to listen. We all want to enjoy your stuff and want to tell you "Great job man I loved it" Your potential is so great, it's just detailes that can be avoided.. so keep those complaints in mind for you next project and you won't feel the urge to change basic stuff as the loot count etc.

best regards!

Supremcee that's why often team projects work better, but after receiving so many complaints about loot i won't create anymore these goals in my future missions where players have to do loot hunt.

Ive tested the first mission in "expert" with less 1000 loot required, didn't need to use any secret and just found 20% of hidden loot, and was able to complete the goal loot , ive tried to play this game as an outsider. I think its a fare discount.

There's an old NVScript module in the zip. 2012 this is too old. Replace it

Quote Originally Posted by Unna Oertdottir View Post
    There's an old NVScript module in the zip. 2012 this is too old. Replace it
    Done, i have replaced with the latest 1.26, thank you Unna .

maybe it's this you're missing? https://i.postimg.cc/RZV1QhGP/dump117.png
    Thank you very much for your answer and yes this is exactly the missing one!
    Btw, i loved those bunny slippers, and hand driers in the police station.
    If you will update your previous missions as well i will surely replay FTM, it has a unique atmosphere.
    For the victrolas: i hoped it was the last secret, collecting all of them.
    You are a master of making well hidden places high up on the buildings, maybe that's why loot hunting is also more challenging - but really brilliant, some places made me surprise. Beautiful work!
    Loved the special servants objectives as well!
    Thank you very much!

Supremcee that's why often team projects work better, but after receiving so many complaints about loot i won't create anymore these goals in my future missions where players have to do loot hunt.

Ive tested the first mission in "expert" with less 1000 loot required, didn't need to use any secret and just found 20% of hidden loot, and was able to complete the goal loot , ive tried to play this game as an outsider. I think its a fare discount.
    I have the feeling you don't understand what people are saying about the specific loot topic, yandros gave you a very helpful opinion on that, and think of his legendary work and ask yourself why it is that? He puts thought into those details before. and again this is just an example, as i mentioned before you didn't reply to psych0sis post at...he put effort into his reply and you can be thankful that he puts his finger on things and also tells what the issue is and how you could solve it. Same with yandros, i have the feeling you don't get it. It's not that having a loot goal is the problem, the way you put it into your mission is the problem. See this sentence from Yandros "My objective is for the player to generally have already fulfilled the loot goal by the time they finish all the other objectives" yes, and thats great game design and I'm sure you are able to do that aswell but you don't seem to understand. I have the feeling you do missions on your own, they work for you, fine. You appreciate the positive comments but you seem to ignore the "negative". But that is the feedback you should listen to even more because that helps you to improve. look at skacky, he released his first mission, listened to the feedback and improved with that in mind in a very short time. You released way more missions and still do things that people told you x times to improve on that...we wouldn't do it if we wouldnt appreciate what you do...but dude, LISTEN! and understand

Quote Originally Posted by Cheela View Post
    Thank you very much for your answer and yes this is exactly the missing one!
    Btw, i loved those bunny slippers, and hand driers in the police station.
    If you will update your previous missions as well i will surely replay FTM, it has a unique atmosphere.
    For the victrolas: i hoped it was the last secret, collecting all of them.
    You are a master of making well hidden places high up on the buildings, maybe that's why loot hunting is also more challenging - but really brilliant, some places made me surprise. Beautiful work!
    Loved the special servants objectives as well!
    Thank you very much!
    Youre welcome
    It was a suggestion given by Mat to make a optional goal by finding all victrolas , i can add a optional goal for finding all victrolas in the next update.
    i also love those bunny slipers they were created by Team Rose cottage.
    Yes i plan to release an updated version of "FTM life" and i will lower the goal loot values.
    Many thanks for your compliments.

Supremcee i don't agree with every negative remark, and if there's one thing i love most in playing other author's missions is to loot and explore everything. We are all different, i get disappointed when loot goal becomes optional or doesn't exit at all. i can try to adapt my missions at a certain point to public taste but not at 100%, i like to have the freedom to do the thing the way i enjoy. If i am to follow every person request i will end up not doing 50 % of what i would like to do. And please i don't like to be addressed as "dude".

Supremcee i don't agree with every negative remark, and if there's one thing i love most in playing other author's missions is to loot and explore everything. We are all different, i get disappointed when loot goal becomes optional or doesn't exit at all. i can try to adapt my missions at a certain point to public taste but not at 100%, i like to have the freedom to do the thing the way i enjoy. If i am to follow every person request i will end up not doing 50 % of what i would like to do. And please i don't like to be addressed as "dude".
    ok, i apologize for the dude....in english this may seem to harsh.

I think you are totally right about your own style and what you prefer but still I have the feeling you don't seem to understand what I'm really talking about. Throughout this thread I gave you different specific examples, gameplaywise and technical things that people mention, some tell you how you could solve this and next time there are the same issues. maybe you don't want to see it, IDK.

but your argument that you create what you enjoy - in this case looting - i can't see that deleting/not having the loot (in future missions) goal instead of putting more thought into that in first place backs your argument.

You don't have to agree with every complaint, thats totally true. But in some cases like framerate drops, crashes etc. (just one of the examples) you seem to ignore. i don't think that you would say "i like lagging so i create missions that lag" - and i just looked it up, the last missions that crashed because of real bad lags and optimization have been yours...and people already told you how to avoid those lag problems....but hey, i don't want to be the angry guy here, as the others I appreciate what you do, I don't want to take the fun out for you and would like to see you improve, but since you don't seem to want that, that's your thing and your totally right with that. Thanks for replying so fast and good luck with your next project

Thank you for your feedback Supremcee and for your care to help me improve things. None of my betatesters or i suffered any lags or bad framerates. The crash in the second mission happens if you come directly from the first mission without exiting thief 2. Otherwise if you follow the instructions i gave in the first post you won't have any crashes. Im taking in account some of the last members suggestions, and will apply them in the next update within an acceptable measure.

Thank you for your feedback Supremcee and for your care to help me improve things. None of my betatesters or i suffered any lags or bad framerates. The crash in the second mission happens if you come directly from the first mission without exiting thief 2. Otherwise if you follow the instructions i gave in the first post you won't have any crashes. Im taking in account some of the last members suggestions, and will apply them in the next update within an acceptable measure.
    always nice to have a friendly outcome thank you for the discussion, and you can be sure I'm looking forward to your next project, and I will play it with all we talked about in mind

but one thing, the game already crashed in mission 1 for me, and except your missions I never had issues with that by framedrop...but i mentioned it before

Quote Originally Posted by Supremcee View Post
    always nice to have a friendly outcome thank you for the discussion, and you can be sure I'm looking forward to your next project, and I will play it with all we talked about in mind

but one thing, the game already crashed in mission 1 for me, and except your missions I never had issues with that by framedrop...but i mentioned it before
    My next project is practically a thief 1/Gold teamproject led by Scarykitties with his rules, i hope to be able create an interesting map.

A crash in the first mission? that's new to me. Maybe it's time to upgrade a few things in your CPU ?

Sure one of the most gratifying things for me and probably for other authors after all the hard work and time you have invested in your work is to know it is recognized and well acclaimed by the people/players. It makes me feel good to know my work and efforts meant something to someone, i confess i love positive compliments, but at the same time i can't make missions 100% in function of what people like and want because then im creating things only for the others and not entirely for me. i like the liberty to use a certain music, to give a politic or religious message, a story that has not action or suspence but that describes an aspect of reality, like a documentary or a dramatic movie. the kind of scenario, ambient... among other things.

A crash in the first mission? that's new to me. Maybe it's time to upgrade a few things in your CPU ?
    and this is the ultimate answer for me from you - you don't seem to see what people tell you - I said that it ONLY happens in YOUR missions and you answer it hast to be MY PC - I run Thief on HD witch everything high no matter which mission and game it's just in your missions - i play modern graphic beasts on highest settings with 60fps so, please - and the only FM threads that mention framedrops to unplayability are yours....I'm talking to a wall here...you are in a tunnel with no exits...go on riding ......

i have a walmart junk 150$ tower and both missions ran fine over all for me and 0 crashes,sometime a crash can randomly happen,save often

i want to thank cardia for a cool set of missions,i loved the conversations of npc's also like listen to people argue behind a door,there is one couple that go insane,i am sure i heard something break :P so much fun,also yes i found cat sound on first mission along with dog ,made the mission so much better

Cardia, you keep doing you. You have sufficiently explained that your goal is to make FMs that you like, not necessarily missions other people like and good for you. The rest of us, as grateful as we are for all authors, can choose to play or not play any specific FM. I see a Cardia release and I know what to expect without delusion, feeling the need to air frustration at you until you see things my way.

Unna gets the Zen Trophy with "I found 5000 and jumped to the next mission" (I found about 11k and jumped to the next mission)

Keep it up

Yes, the R is from Renaud Cocco. do you have new mantle enable?
    What do you man with mantle?

Mission 2. In what part of this mission can I find Tree God Mask? That's the only thing I need.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast