TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: New T2 Mission : "Les Paolis" updated to V. 1.1 (13-07-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by ValmontPhl View Post
    Cardia, you keep doing you. You have sufficiently explained that your goal is to make FMs that you like, not necessarily missions other people like and good for you. The rest of us, as grateful as we are for all authors, can choose to play or not play any specific FM. I see a Cardia release and I know what to expect without delusion, feeling the need to air frustration at you until you see things my way.

Unna gets the Zen Trophy with "I found 5000 and jumped to the next mission" (I found about 11k and jumped to the next mission)

Keep it up
    Yeah! Keep it up with the stagnation!
    Never improve! The sole fact a fan-mission exist is excellent, no needs for us, the players to like it!
    Looking back in time, we should never have told some authors that three roombrush for an entire map don't work, that keyhunt and tiny switches are tedious at best, that lights with infinite radius create weird shadows and so on and so on... what's the point of beta testing even?! We are grateful as we are for all authors as their goals is to make FM that they like, not necessarily missions other people like and good for them!!!!!!!!

Hi guys, you are absolutely right and i am sorry i was dissatisfied with the loot, Pedro. I cant't make even a closed door, not a full completed mission, so thank you very much for your great creations. You have the freedom to set goals as you would like, and when it is a hard loot hunting, then it is. Much more better than having no missions to play.
    So I am sorry for putting pressure on you.
    I just... i just love to complete missions, but if i fail it is my fault because loot hunting (better said place hunting ) or zombie missions are harder and more stressfully for me. Yes, in your mission, there is much more possibility to find loot because we need investigate almost everything, up and down. Just keep working that way as it gives YOU pleasure, so can we play a real Cardia mission.
    I AM SORRY. and thank you very much for your work.
    I will replay FTM as it is now, maybe i find now much more hard reachable places.
    Best wishes

Supremcee, i´m sorry i understood you mention the mission 2, i didn't read well, i don't know what possibly could cause the crash in your mission, maybe some heavy textures, can you tell me the moment of the mission you had the crash?

ValmontPhl thank you for the positive feedback! And thank you for playing!

radogoal , the new mantle was a new option that came up with newdark. In your cam ext. do you have the lines this way?
    ; enable new mantling code
    new_mantle

Galaer, for the Tree Mask God the writer's house above the canal strong spoiler check a tiny switch between the bookshelfs

Thank you Cheela , you can wait for the next FTM update, loot goal with be much lower , and there will be other improvements.

more than a year of work.
    and it's free. don't like it? don't play it.
    wanna suggest something? go on.
    wanna complain? GTFO

As for the light radius i was completely unaware for the fact that if a light doesn't have radius could affect shadows. i see i have to fix that in previous missions ...in any case i'm fixing that right now for that mission.
    Torches and other type of lights by default don't have radius.
    Last edited by Cardia; 2nd Jul 2019 at 04:45.

Dóttirin klæðist oft móður möttli
    You can set the light/animlight radius in the archetypes since there's no custom radius on the light objects. Very easy. Then just relight.

Literally the description of Thief Fan Missions forum: Discussion Forum for Thief FMs. Stuck? Want to rave? Want to rant? Want to announce your latest release? This is the place.

The "all missions are great because they exist" mantra is starting to get real old.

where can i find the safe of cocco?

Thank you Unna, i was setting manually the light radius for each light, but that option given by you will allow me to spare some time.

Radogoal, Cocco's safe Inside the Cocco's castle strong spoiler get the study key in Cocco's belt, find his study on the second floor.

Radogoal, Cocco's safe Inside the Cocco's castle strong spoiler get the study key in Cocco's belt, find his study on the second floor.[/QUOTE]

already done, but in the room of cocco i can't find a safe. there are some chests on his bed, but no safe . the chimney looks a little bit suspicous , but Garret can't get in

Quote Originally Posted by radogoal View Post
    Radogoal, Cocco's safe Inside the Cocco's castle strong spoiler get the study key in Cocco's belt, find his study on the second floor.
    already done, but in the room of cocco i can't find a safe. there are some chests on his bed, but no safe . the chimney looks a little bit suspicous , but Garret can't get in [/QUOTE]

Did you go get the safe Cocco at the tavern au Délerim? the safe it's not in cocco's room if you don't get the code by Hippolyte Lord Cocco won't be available.

YES Igot the code believe it was 1364 but where should i use this code?

YES Igot the code believe it was 1364 but where should i use this code?
    Cocco's study is dark, check the wall next to the bookshelf, you´ll see 10 buttons

in enter teh code and a strange noise sounds, but i can't see what opened. the safe with the inscription fortress is still closed.

in enter teh code and a strange noise sounds, but i can't see what opened. the safe with the inscription fortress is still closed.
    Check under the desk.

Some of you guys should just chill out and stop complaining. The author has dedicated one year of his life to work on this campaign, and you should appreciate his effort and time. No one is forcing any of you to pay for his missions, but you sound like angry customers. Yes, it's justifiable to offer constructive criticism and helpful suggestions, but ranting about what you dislike in the mission is counter-productive. We should respect the fact that each FM author has their own style and individual preferences, which might not be compatible with our vision of Thief. For example, I have never finished GORT's Rebellion of the Builder owing to difficult puzzles and other gameplay challenges. But I did not go to the campaign's thread in order to rant about how I hate mathematical puzzles and hyper-sensitive guards. Quite the contrary, I think that GORT's levels are gorgeous, definitely atmospheric and innovative, though not for everyone. Same goes for Cardia's missions. He has an unique and individual style, which is sometimes compatible with my taste, and sometimes not. Rather than being grumpy and resentful about these differences, I prefer to approach them with patience and curiosity. Pedro has already promised to change the loot goal, and I think that "Les Paolis" has a lot to offer in terms of open world exploration, atmosphere, and storytelling.

Please i need help again. There is a building, opposite to the police station, on the other side of the riveer, with a poster "Séances Tarot & Medium" i think its rooftop can be visited, but if yes: how? nothing to shoot a rope arrow into. nor a good place to jump over from.
    Thanks.

damned i need help again

how can i get out of thecastle . i can#t get to the tower where switch is. and where can i find the evidence ?

Quote Originally Posted by Cheela View Post
    Please i need help again. There is a building, opposite to the police station, on the other side of the riveer, with a poster "Séances Tarot & Medium" i think its rooftop can be visited, but if yes: how? nothing to shoot a rope arrow into. nor a good place to jump over from.
    Thanks.
    Yes, it can be visited remember the house with the bunny slips? strong spoiler go to the terrace of this house, and shoot a rope arrow, now you have access to the terrace of this séances Tarot & Medium store

Radogoal, to exit the castle is simple, each gate as a lever , just used them to open the gates. the evidence for Sandra's Cousin? you need to go to the hammerite cathedral

has anybody a hint for me for teh evidence please?

has anybody a hint for me for teh evidence please?
    check the priest room strong spoiler: above the priest bed in plain sight

OK, mission complete, almost. Just missing 4457 loot on Expert. In the last mission, i looked really carefully everywhere, i thought. Up and down. Yet there should be 5880 more. I'm not complaining, I'm just fascinated, where can you have hidden all this loot? If I didn't miss some big treasure hiding. If they are scattered ... then I don't know what to say. But one thing is for sure, I'm not even trying to find them. Otherwise a good FM Pedro No more talk about hard loot from me.

i have nearly finished the second mission. only to find the cousin, but it doesn't matter.

great two missions perhaps a map would be helpful

well done

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Aemanyl View Post
    Some of you guys should just chill out and stop complaining. The author has dedicated one year of his life to work on this campaign, and you should appreciate his effort and time. No one is forcing any of you to pay for his missions, but you sound like angry customers. Yes, it's justifiable to offer constructive criticism and helpful suggestions, but ranting about what you dislike in the mission is counter-productive. We should respect the fact that each FM author has their own style and individual preferences, which might not be compatible with our vision of Thief. For example, I have never finished GORT's Rebellion of the Builder owing to difficult puzzles and other gameplay challenges. But I did not go to the campaign's thread in order to rant about how I hate mathematical puzzles and hyper-sensitive guards. Quite the contrary, I think that GORT's levels are gorgeous, definitely atmospheric and innovative, though not for everyone. Same goes for Cardia's missions. He has an unique and individual style, which is sometimes compatible with my taste, and sometimes not. Rather than being grumpy and resentful about these differences, I prefer to approach them with patience and curiosity. Pedro has already promised to change the loot goal, and I think that "Les Paolis" has a lot to offer in terms of open world exploration, atmosphere, and storytelling.
    I would respectfully disagree with some of your post - I think most of the critical posts in this thread were presented very constructively and with the goal of helping Pedro make his missions more accessible and enjoyable to more players. It is of course his prerogative to take those suggestions and criticisms and do as much or little with them as he pleases. But telling people to stop offering respectful and constructive criticisms of FMs just because they are free and take a lot of time to create isn't good for the community IMHO. In general there is far too little of that here - I had to go to other sites just to get critical reviews of my own missions because people here are mostly unwilling to openly criticize FMs, but I sought that out so I could learn and grow as an author. Pedro has done a very nice job of considering the comments here and choosing to respond to those that he is willing to make changes to address, which he is of course under no obligation to do.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast