TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: New T2 Mission : "Les Paolis" updated to V. 1.1 (13-07-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Aemanyl View Post
    Some of you guys should just chill out and stop complaining. The author has dedicated one year of his life to work on this campaign, and you should appreciate his effort and time. No one is forcing any of you to pay for his missions, but you sound like angry customers. Yes, it's justifiable to offer constructive criticism and helpful suggestions, but ranting about what you dislike in the mission is counter-productive. We should respect the fact that each FM author has their own style and individual preferences, which might not be compatible with our vision of Thief. For example, I have never finished GORT's Rebellion of the Builder owing to difficult puzzles and other gameplay challenges. But I did not go to the campaign's thread in order to rant about how I hate mathematical puzzles and hyper-sensitive guards. Quite the contrary, I think that GORT's levels are gorgeous, definitely atmospheric and innovative, though not for everyone. Same goes for Cardia's missions. He has an unique and individual style, which is sometimes compatible with my taste, and sometimes not. Rather than being grumpy and resentful about these differences, I prefer to approach them with patience and curiosity. Pedro has already promised to change the loot goal, and I think that "Les Paolis" has a lot to offer in terms of open world exploration, atmosphere, and storytelling.
    The fact that I tried my best to offer very constructive feedback without coming off rude because I GENUINELY wanted him to get better and make this mission better, but was just ignored because he only replies to people blowing puffs of smoke up his butt and patting him on the back while he makes the same mistakes time and time again, while he is also a guy who does not listen to beta testers at all, hamfisting in stuff HE wants, and generally has a very combative attitude towards criticism despite being a fully functioning adult who should be accustomed to such things should be enough evidence to show how much of a farce this guy is.

Marbleman is right, just cause its free and exists doesn't mean we shouldn't try to point out mishaps, because then NEXT TIME he'll make something hopefully way better (that is also free, btw, since that seems to be some sort of impenetrable shield to criticism here for some). Imagine if someone brought you over their house for a FREE (!!) meal, but all they do is slap in a steak into the microwave for 10 seconds while they blast deep house music. You'd not want to eat that and would probably leave and tell them why.

Thank you Patrik, i´m glad you enjoyed the mission, in any case the next update for the second mission will be less 1500 or 2000 loot demanded on "Expert" mode, as well with other new fixes.

Radogoal, Sandra's cousin can be found at the tavern "Le vieux bouc" in front of the cathedral. Anyway thank you for playing this one

Hi again... not stuck but, one of the victrolas i found can't be taken, even doesn't highlight. that one with the dancing man & guard on a roof terrace, next to clock tower . Is it a bug or should i do there something? Thank you

I love the buildings and the inner gardens, they remind me of that lovely portugal city in FTM (yes it was really captivating for me)

+ i wish i too could have a hen which lays Fabergé eggs
    Last edited by Cheela; 2nd Jul 2019 at 10:22.

Thanks, Cardia. With your hint, I managed to beat Mission 2. It took me 6 hours 25 min 49 s and I got 25303 loot, 6 secrets and also bonus objective (which at first I mistook with a secret). I had some problem with it - I registered lag in south part of town, especially on rooftops. But it wasn't that annoying like in FTM Life.

About loot. There is interesting disproportion of loot. I found around 11000 loot in town, but town is big and it took me 3,5 hours. Then I went to Cathedral and I almost doubled the amount of loot (10000) in just 40 min and another 40 min in the castle gave me almost 4000 loot. So basically I got more than half of loot from cathedral and castle only in less than half of my town exploration. That's weird. Another thing is to search everywhere and it blow my mind when I noticed loot placed on background window high above street. I wasn't expected that I really need to check everywhere.

As for me loot objective was easier to complete than in Mission 1. Maybe it's just because Mission 1 forced me to look very carefully everywhere. I ended my first exploration after 5 hours with 400 loot short. And it took me another hour to find the rest of loot. I would suggest you to change loot requirement to: 24000 on Expert (maybe too high, but Mission 1 prepare player to look everywhere), 20000 on Hard and 16000 on Normal (it may be too small for you, Cardia, but I think there is no need to force Normal players to check this mission super carefully). Also you could put optional objective for getting all loot for completionists.

And one more thing - descending from high places. You gave me only few slow fall potions and I used them very quickly. Most of the time you can't drop on rope arrow, there is no easy way down, so that was a huge problem. I needed to descend from high places 20 times. Plus eventual revisits in order to search for loot. Thank god for old japanese FM that explained me the trick of dropping object (I used bodies) just before the ground in order to nullify my falling momentum. In other words, I climbed high place with unconscious body in order to fall safely on the ground. Please, in the next update put 20 or 30 more slow fall potions.

Despite all of this, this mission was rather enjoyable. I enjoyed the most: cathedral with lots of easy loot and castle (especially figuring out how to enter it). Oh, and by the way - on cemetery you can mantle over wall to see boundaries of the mission.

Cheela that victrola cannot be frobed, the men with the blue t-shirt is me dancing, its a skin i did for myself in "3 distinct adventures", check the minute 8:00:

Yes the inner gardens i think it was FTM life who got me that habit .

Galaer, thank you for your observations, as for the slowfall potions during beta version there was more 5 fall potions, but one of the betatesters thought i should reduce at least 5 slow fall potions and that's what i did, i will add a couple more for the next version. But there are ways of descending the buildings without slow fall potions and i will show them in my walktrough video.
    Loot on "expert" will be even lower than the value you suggested, between 24000 and 23500. I´m testing the mission and see what players can miss discount in the loot amount required.

About the cemetery how were you able to climb to the wall? that's something i really want to fix!

Again many thanks for your feedback and i´m glad that despite the negative side this mission was enjoyable to you

Quote Originally Posted by Cardia View Post
    About the cemetery how were you able to climb to the wall? that's something i really want to fix!
    It's very easy. You mantle on top of torch, then mantle on top of a tomb and jump onto wall. There are 6 tombs. 5 of them have high enough roof to do just jump onto wall, last one requires mantling on wall. Then you can go on the other side. No too much to see, except maybe full sky.

Quote Originally Posted by Galaer View Post
    It's very easy. You mantle on top of torch, then mantle on top of a tomb and jump onto wall. There are 6 tombs. 5 of them have high enough roof to do just jump onto wall, last one requires mantling on wall. Then you can go on the other side. No too much to see, except maybe full sky.
    Thank you very much Galaer, i'm going to fix this...

Oh, one more question. Mission 1. I noticed guard walking on Embassy roof (were Jean Michele sleeps). I couldn't find any way up there. On top of nearby tower, there is metal ladder, but I couldn't grab it to climb up and get to Embassy roof. Is it intentional?

Oh, and when you record video, could you use time stamps for completing objectives? I think this could be very helpful for people that want to know how to complete certain objectives.
    Last edited by Galaer; 2nd Jul 2019 at 14:01.

I use fraps to record my videos but i always show the goal board when an objective ticks off.
    Yes that ladder cannot be used, but maybe i should remove it, no the access to the Ambassador's residence is not possible

I use fraps to record my videos but i always show the goal board when an objective ticks off.
    I was thinking about putting time of solving certain objective into description of the movie. I know from experience that searching whole video/videos just for 1 objective that you show on goal board, can be really tedious. Having info in description under video really saves a lot of time.

Yes that ladder cannot be used, but maybe i should remove it, no the access to the Ambassador's residence is not possible
    Thanks for info. Yes, this ladder should be removed, but the same goes with roof guard. His existence indicate that there must be something on the roof.

Very well i will remove the ladder and the archer.
    About the videos what i can do is a list showing the timing of the goals.

Thanks, this will be nice.

Mission 2: where is the nationalist assassin please?

Quote Originally Posted by Squadarofl View Post
    Yeah! Keep it up with the stagnation!
    Never improve! The sole fact a fan-mission exist is excellent, no needs for us, the players to like it!
    Looking back in time, we should never have told some authors that three roombrush for an entire map don't work, that keyhunt and tiny switches are tedious at best, that lights with infinite radius create weird shadows and so on and so on... what's the point of beta testing even?! We are grateful as we are for all authors as their goals is to make FM that they like, not necessarily missions other people like and good for them!!!!!!!!
    as funny as it is, it's basically what I'm talking about....and it made me giggle

Supremcee, i´m sorry i understood you mention the mission 2, i didn't read well, i don't know what possibly could cause the crash in your mission, maybe some heavy textures, can you tell me the moment of the mission you had the crash?
    randomly the sky texture changed to rand roof textures, crash especially when i was on higher levels of a building but it also happened on the street

I'm totally aware that this might be an issue with my specific hardware and settings etc.

thanks for your reply and interest in it, still, never had experiences like this before, I even reinstalled everything, Thief2, tfix, HD etc. but hey don'T make an effort since it's PC gaming and every setup is different and bugs may be unique...I'm sure I'm the only one with lags so.

Quote Originally Posted by Marbrien View Post
    Mission 2: where is the nationalist assassin please?
    Read Garrett's diary. It explains very well where he is and how to recognize him.

The amount of forum toxicity these days never ceases to amaze me. I remember times when the TTLG community was much nicer and tolerant to individual members who treat DromED as an art tool to express themselves. Of course, the Community Chat and the #thief IRC channel was full of assholes back then. But the FM forum was a nice place, and everybody treated each others with respect.

Now most of the Commchat jerks have retired (thanks God), but I've noticed that certain toxic people have joined the FM club, and most of them have registered here post-2010. Not all of them are like that, there have been one or two nice people who have helped me with my own fan projects. But a lot of them are. These people, who aren't quite true Thief fans (remember, some of us have come here long before 2010 and remember what it means like to play a true Thief vanilla experience, with more boxy missions who aren't just spiral mazes) have formed their own little club. They attack everyone who criticizes them, yet behave rudely towards other authors who are much more productive and talented.

but was just ignored because he only replies to people blowing puffs of smoke up his butt and patting him on the back while he makes the same mistakes time and time again, while he is also a guy who does not listen to beta testers at all, hamfisting in stuff HE wants, and generally has a very combative attitude towards criticism despite being a fully functioning adult who should be accustomed to such things should be enough evidence to show how much of a farce this guy is.
    Now this is what I call a failure of epic proportions.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulgarian_Taffer View Post
    The amount of forum toxicity these days never ceases to amaze me.
    Now most of the Commchat jerks have retired (thanks God), but I've noticed that certain toxic people have joined the FM club, and most of them have registered here post-2010. Not all of them are like that, there have been one or two nice people who have helped me with my own fan projects. But a lot of them are.
    If i may reply to these statements, with full of respect. Because i love this forum, love the game, play it almost since the beginning, 1999/2000 - but i am here as a simple player not more. And those words above made me a little bit sad, now i don't know i may use this forum or not. Maybe i have misunderstood something. If this community is for mission creators, "veteran" members, youst please tell me/us and i will return to reading only. I don't want to "bother" you, this community, maybe i am toxing your forum as well but i don't see it. i know very well i am just a player not a professional. So, please tell me if i can't participate in forum life. With Respect: Cheela

Quote Originally Posted by Bulgarian_Taffer View Post
    The amount of forum toxicity these days never ceases to amaze me.
    Says the same salty kid who started crying and polluted a whole thread just because the TDP20AC launched some hours late.

The forum isn't mine, Cheela. It's up to moderators/admin how they would enforce their rules, not me. I'm just getting older, grumpy and salty. That's it. Actually, the only thing I'm salty about is computer games, as I live a happy life, I have a job and family. I'm just sad about computer games, because Thief was such a huge part of my childhood and I loved immersing into it for pure nostalgia, yet certain people made everything possible to make me avoid playing it and create missions. It's not you, Cheela. If you ask "is it me?", well, the answer is probably "no". They know very well who they are.

I'll be VERY sad if Pedro (Cardia) leaves this forum and no longer releases his missions. He's one of the most productive authors, and just because of that he deserves some respect.

mods can simply remove the negative posts from board and warn them

i got your back cardia

Whether you enjoy Pedro's missions or have issue with them, this is still his FM release thread. Let's not derail it with infighting or airing grievances. There is a divide, undoubtedly, but a little decorum is in order.
    There is a dedicated FM review thread if you want offer your honest opinion. It is encouraged.
    General Fan Mission Review and Discussion Megathread

Quote Originally Posted by Purgator View Post
    Let's not derail it with infighting or airing grievances.
    Quite.

As Yandros has already said the criticism offered has, for the most part, been constructive and helpful. Those who are unable to be constructive and just want to cause trouble may consider themselves warned.

@ Cheela, the comments were not directed at you - you are very welcome here.

A last question:

i found so far 7 secrets out of 8.
    can anyone please give a clue where the last one is? Maybe in Cocco's castle?

- robbed out room next to "La Belle Maison"
    - home on Rue des heures claires, behind a portrait of a beautiful woman (bear pattern on the door)
    - above the river, the screenplay(?) writer's home (Mask of Wooden God)
    - home in the house at the river bend, behind portrait of Venezians
    - Place de l'horloge, in the house with double doors next to clock tower
    - top of the yellow-brick house at Rue du Grimpeur (Gräfin Bernadette's gems)
    - in dressing room opens up from Spectacle room in Cathedral
    - ??

+ gained a bonus objective in the cathedral, secretary.

But, i have to give up finishing this mission now, ca 2.000 loot is missing to the loot objective. I have no idea what places did i miss out... I thought i could have visited every possible places.

In total, i loved this campaign, both missions were beautiful, well detailed and had a special mood.
    I appreciate your work! Thank you!

Edit: i missed 2 places at the river so 1.300 loot is missing now.
    I found something shiny here at Place de l'Immaculée, is it loot as well? How could i access that rooftop?
    Last edited by Cheela; 3rd Jul 2019 at 09:41.

Hm... Don't laugh but I cannot find Cocco's palace in the second mission. Really. Palace. Where is it?

Quote Originally Posted by A.Stahl View Post
    Hm... Don't laugh but I cannot find Cocco's palace in the second mission. Really. Palace. Where is it?
    From the starting point (Place de l'immaculée) go to the right, and keep going to the end of the street (Rue des commerçants). Turning to the right, there you can see the castle entrance. Use rope arrow to enter.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast