TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: New T2 Mission : "Les Paolis" updated to V. 1.2 (09-12-2019)

Thanks. On the YouTube video I saw that it was possible to jump up to that window. I will try again. Also that part where you can hear a violent domestic disturbance with dishes crashing and furniture being smashed was hilarious.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpTH...H-9jYU&index=7
    It starts at about 2:46
    Last edited by onetruekeeper; 6th Aug 2019 at 01:32.

Quote Originally Posted by onetruekeeper View Post
    Thanks. On the YouTube video I saw that it was possible to jump up to that window. I will try again. Also that part where you can hear a violent domestic disturbance with dishes crashing and furniture being smashed was hilarious.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpTH...H-9jYU&index=7
    It starts at about 2:46
    There are 3 ways to enter that window, the thirth one is not showed in the video, but it's from the roof, jump to the window frame, and then jump inside

That scene is from the movie "Home" with Isabelle Huppert, it's a very good dramatic film:

Thanks Cardia.
    I was able to get up to that window using a speed potion. I also realized that my mantle enable was off which seems to always happen whenever I update Tafferpatcher. I now have only about 1200 loot to go. I had to backtrack to places I have been before and found loot which I missed earlier. The hard part was trying to get down from a high place without the aid of a slow fall potion and using only rope arrows and careful jumping.

Cardia,

Thanks for these wonderful missions. Great great visually. Fun, exciting and enjoyable to play.

onetruekeeper , that happens the same to me everytime i update tafferpatch or newDark, check the walktrough videos to see what loot you might have missed, and when you should you should use rope or slowfall potions and practice ways to recover used roped arrows.

karstenpontoppi Youre Welcome, thank you for following my production, and im glad that that this one was a positive experience for you

Alright, just getting around to playing this. I like it so far Cardia! Haha I just found my abacus on a shelf, I was like... hey I know this guy....

The torches look normal, did you never do the bitmap flames then?

Anyway, back to it...

Quote Originally Posted by gamophyte View Post
    Alright, just getting around to playing this. I like it so far Cardia! Haha I just found my abacus on a shelf, I was like... hey I know this guy....

The torches look normal, did you never do the bitmap flames then?

Anyway, back to it...
    Thanks for playing! I was never able to set properly the colors of those bitmap flames for the torches, so i let the normal thief flames instead. The abacus is a original object, i credited you on the the objects list.

Hope you will enjoy the rest of this campaign...

This is such an amazing mission Pedro! I'm really really enjoying it but i have one question for mission 2.
    spoiler:
    what's with all these couples fighting? Especially with the ones behind unfrobable doors,things get heated!Am i supposed to do something there to stop the fights?I can hear a slap or two. Full disclosure my understanding for the french language is limited but I got the jist of the fights!

Thank you Dedaki for playing this campaign, im glad youre enjoying it. don't mind the discussions behind doors, it's just for the show, to give some realism and suspense, unfortunately to understand what they're saying one has to have some bases in French.

Great set of missions, Pedro! I also would have liked a map....... in mission 2 where do I find the cousin?

Quote Originally Posted by maga View Post
    Great set of missions, Pedro! I also would have liked a map....... in mission 2 where do I find the cousin?
    Thank you Marissa, im happy to have you playing this one. The cousin can be found in the tavern "Le vieux Bouc" in front of the Hammerite cathedral

I will have to create a Italian city map/mission someday with people speaking Italian , it's a beautiful language!

I started to play the first mission. It looks beautiful. I think there should be subtitles for all the conversations.

Quote Originally Posted by Vera View Post
    I started to play the first mission. It looks beautiful. I think there should be subtitles for all the conversations.
    Thank you. I wouldn't know how to add subtitles, but at least you have the readables that provide you all necessary information to know what's happening what should be done.
    Vera is a common Portuguese name, are you perchance d'origin Portuguese?

Quote Originally Posted by Cardia View Post
    Thank you. I wouldn't know how to add subtitles, but at least you have the readables that provide you all necessary information to know what's happening what should be done.
    Vera is a common Portuguese name, are you perchance d'origin Portuguese?
    No, this is my pseudonym for this forum derived from my real name Weronika (English form of this name is Veronica).
    Your missions are good, interesting and often placed in our modern times like the last ones which were placed in modern but poor Portugal village or at a big school. This is unusual and rare.
    I proceeded further in the first mission. A lot of new objects, sculptures and so on.

Ha ha, then you choose a Portuguese pseudonym, Vera is a beautiful name, i was once crazily in love with a girl called Vera. But Vernica is also a Portuguese name but not so common as Vera.
    Yes new features in this campaign is to provide players some new experiences, and i still have different themes to explore for future missions, and i will also bring again missions like "Melancholy in Porto".
    Last edited by Cardia; 26th Aug 2019 at 06:38.

A reasonable loot goal would be 5000/8000/10000. 13000/14000 is way too much. I found 5000 and jumped to the next mission.
    I too found the loot requirements in this mission to be excessively high, even in the 1.1 version. This is a shame because unreasonable loot requirements tend to turn some people away (myself included) from an otherwise awesome experience with a well designed mission. So, I lowered the values to make them more "reasonable" as mentioned above from another poster in this thread. I have tested this mission in newdark 1.27 with these values and it plays exactly as it should with no problems. I'm sure it will work fine in 1.26 as well. Hope Cardia is not too mad at me for creating this version. Again, it's only for anyone interested in playing this incredibly good mission without the worry of finding every single piece of loot. For those who do enjoy higher loot requirements, you don't have to download this version and you can simply play the original. I just completed both levels in Les Paolis with these lowered loot requirements and it was highly enjoyable to me.
    Last edited by cavador_8; 9th Dec 2019 at 23:45.

Cavador_ 8, funny i was just going to release today a new version of this mission with some changes and fixes in both missions. but yes you i can provide your version in the first post... ill come back here later to post the updated links.

Cavador 8, here's the mission updated to 1.2:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lJR...ew?usp=sharing

Feel free to change the loot goals and i will post a link to you mission version in the first post.
    Last edited by Cardia; 9th Dec 2019 at 08:20.

Sounds good! I will work with the new 1.2 version loot goals and post a link to it here later tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by cavador_8 View Post
    I too found the loot requirements in this mission to be excessively high, even in the 1.1 version. This is a shame because unreasonable loot requirements tend to turn some people away (myself included) from an otherwise awesome experience with a well designed mission.
    I guess we played different missions

Quote Originally Posted by Psych0sis View Post
    I guess we played different missions
    Lol, I really enjoyed Les Paolis. In fact, I think it's my favorite mission by Cardia, after I fixed the loot requirements that is.

Ok, I revised the loot requirements for version 1.2 to 5,500 (normal), 8,500 (hard) and 10,000 (expert) on part one and 9,500 (normal), 12,000 (hard), and 14,000 (expert) on part two. Here is the link:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/d2068o..._updt.zip/file
    Last edited by cavador_8; 14th Dec 2019 at 15:50.

Thank you Cavador_8 i have posted your link in the first post. Im glad you enjoy this mission, which is perfectly normal since there's a lot of work behind this production, for example there were times i would take almost 1 hour just to chose a store sign, work it on photoshop to have its transparencies , same with other details that are part of the decoration,there was also an exhaustive plan to know where to place street lamps with cold light and warm light. Alot of attention to architecture detail, the care to see if colors and textures match well one with the other , avoid objects repetition, a rigorous choice for the right elements to decorate a place...and always a sense of aesthetics which i developed during my studies at the University of arts.

Im working on another mission similar to "Les Paolis" but this time for a team project, so there will be some differences has i have to follow some rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardia View Post
    Im working on another mission similar to "Les Paolis" but this time for a team project, so there will be some differences has i have to follow some rules.
    I genuinely hope the city streets in that mission won't be as wide, long, and lacking in elevation variance as they are in Les Paolis. Don't take this as an insult or anything, but while the mission looks pretty nice, the layout made it unengaging to traverse.

there are streets with elevation in both missions in "Les Paolis" specially in the second mission (50% at least), but to answer your question the map im working currently has very accentuated elevations in most areas , streets are more narrow, buildings are more higher. But the city map will be smaller, because there are are certain interiors i have been asked to build that will take alot of space. let's say 65% of outside areas to explore and the rest 45% of interiors to explore.

cavador_8, your versions of "Les Paolis" have all sound files unpacked, while Cardia's versions have many of them compressed as Ogg Vorbis files. This almost doubles the size of your files compared to Cardia's. Is this by accident, or is there a special reason for uncompressing the sound files?

Also, cavador_8's files contain an additional file called fmsel.inf. Is this accidental or not?

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast