TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: New T2 Mission : "Les Paolis" updated to V. 1.1 (13-07-2019)

New T2 Mission : "Les Paolis" updated to V. 1.1 (13-07-2019)

Greetings people, after some time I´m happy to announce finally my new mission for thief 2 "Les Paolis", here's a link to grab it (updated to V. 1.1):

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MnY...ew?usp=sharing

Things you need to know before playing:

Don't use any EP patch in order to avoid gameplay issues, having the wrong textures or objects floating in air. The new Thief 2 HD textures will cause lags and possible crashes

After reaching the second mission if you come directly from the first mission you need to save the game, then exit thief 2 to desktop, re-launch thief 2, load your save game and now everything is in order to be played without any issues (by doing this, it will prevent an eventual crash, it prevents also a wooden texture to miss that plays an important role in the mission in order to access an area with a rope arrow, and gameplay performance is more fluid).

For a better gameplay experience it is recommended to play this campaign at night and if possible with the window open to let inside a smooth breeze/ light wind

FRENCH AND GERMAN VERSIONS ARE COMING SOON...

Enjoy this Campaign that was an inspiration by listening to Deep House music.

A big thanks for those who helped me and supported me to build this project.

This mission is dedicated to Lord Soth

New changes in V. 1.1 :
    -lowered loot goal amount to values set by Mat99:
    part 1: Normal - 9600/ Hard - 11700/ Expert - 13500
    Part 2: Normal - 16400/ Hard - 20000/ Expert - 23200
    -All lights have radius whcih changes in general the ambient light and creates more shadows ( Thank you Unna)
    -Sound room brushes fixed in Ambassador's street and partially in Marie square
    -Added new bonus goal in both missions : find all victrolas (suggested by Mat99 and Cheela)
    -changed the color of the nationalist diary to be more visible
    -added more rope arrows and slow-fall potions (suggested by Gaeler)
    -walls in cemetery are no longer accessible (Thank you Gaeler)
    -servants request can be re-listened as many times the player wants just like in beta 1, ( thank you Mat99)
    -readme file updated and modified by Mat99
    -other minor fixes.
    Last edited by Cardia; 13th Jul 2019 at 06:13.

Wonderful! Thank you for this, Pedro. I've played few minutes and it looks fantastic!

Ah something new thank you.....very interesting instructions will play it tomorrow, may we recognize it in the podcast? no review just a short mentioning and maybe opinion?

> This mission requires NewDark 1.27 to run

Why? I mean, what does this mission need from 1.27?

downloading now,thank you for your amazing work over the years

Quote Originally Posted by Supremcee View Post
    Ah something new thank you.....very interesting instructions will play it tomorrow, may we recognize it in the podcast? no review just a short mentioning and maybe opinion?
    Sure, feel free to ask me whatever you want about this mission for the podcast.

Colin: You´re welcome.

Thank you Steve hope you enjoy this one!

Quote Originally Posted by Calibrator View Post
    > This mission requires NewDark 1.27 to run

Why? I mean, what does this mission need from 1.27?
    after i have updated my thief 2 to new dark 1.27 i had still things to fix in the mission ans saved it with newdark 1.27

But here's a list of the new features for Dromed and general gameplay with newdark 1.27:

https://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149856
    Last edited by Cardia; 28th Jun 2019 at 18:04.

Congratulations, Pedro. It's been a real pleasure to help you with this mission .

Quote Originally Posted by Aemanyl View Post
    Congratulations, Pedro. It's been a real pleasure to help you with this mission .
    It is i who thank you for an excellent testing and a great work in the video briefings , thank you my Friend!!!

Pedro... this is not the final version :P The ReadMe is from Pre-RC1 and contains bugs, errors, inconsistencies and untrue/false informations ;) You missed a link (3rd one) in one of messages of 25 Jun 2019 with a proper ReadMe. And now I see You wrote something more to that broken version. Also the one of the objectives is still from Beta (uncorrected). I didn't checked more :)

need help with 2 things on mission 1 where is helmet and painting?

so far i like first mission a lot
    Last edited by downwinder; 29th Jun 2019 at 03:44.

Mat, but i have test this version yesterday before releasing it and apart from the sound issue in some areas everything else works fine to me.
    I have check the mission zip file and this is not the beta 3 version, this one has the market stalls in the place fe la mairie , also i check the date of both missions, this is the right final version.
    The readme file is also the correct one.

Steve, Atila's Helmet: Place de l'Obélisque, Velazquez painting : Place de la Mairie

if you´re still having difficulties to find them i can send you strong spoilers.
    Last edited by Cardia; 29th Jun 2019 at 04:13.

Quote Originally Posted by mtk View Post
    I'd appreciate some screenshots
    https://www.darkfate.org/news

Thanks Pedro for the campaign it looks STUNNING!!

Thank you SirLord Best, i hope you enjoy this one

Honestly... This is unfortunately a pretty big letdown of a mission(s) I have ever played. I really wanted to play a new Thief 2 FM, but I am going to have to pass after getting a little bit into mission 2...

lets see

- Takes place in IRL France, everyone speaks french, so if you aren't a native French speaker you cannot tell certain alerts and whatnot because... well, you don't speak the language . I get thematically, this makes sense. But thief is a game where sounds from guards is pretty important, I want to know when I alerted someone, and I just can't tell if I did or not because I just can't understand if what they're saying is "who's there?!?" or just some idle talk.

- Loot goals are a bit extreme, 14k and 25k on expert seems like too much. Ultimately the gameplay suffered, I feel, because it was just: Lockpick door, steal a couple items, leave out the same way, look for next door to lockpick etc etc. It just feels like padded on time, kinda irked me after a bit.

- The custom loot objects which are used is neat in theory sometimes they're loot in one building but then not in the next, so consistency is pretty... well, inconsistent. Also I think these objects and others are why the filesize is so bloated despite being only 2 missions.

- Mission is pretty flat, the wide open streets are lit by pretty dull lighting and the shadows aren't as apparent as they should be, leaves me annoyed trying to find safe spots. And since the streets are so big and open, guards can see me from a mile away and it's just super annoying to deal with.

- I must say, I really don't get this "Deep House Music" stuff. It's kinda offputting in a couple of places you put it in IDK, just doesn't really feel like a "thief" type of soundtrack.

- The readables are alright I guess, it seems you've gotten better in the recent years. However, the one with the Priest and his, erm, "obsession" is probably the most offending of the bunch unfortunately. I get what you're going for and the actual subject matter is... fine, but who would write something as incriminating as this in a diary? And from a gameplay standpoint, why put in stuff like "Garrett feels disgusted by reading this" in brackets right after? If you have to tell the reader (the player in this case) how to feel after reading something i feel like it just comes off a little cheesy and would need work.

- Sound clipping in A LOT of places, ambient transitions are just non-existent and something will be playing and then just instantly stop and be silence when entering a building. That's fine I suppose, but when you leave the ambiance doesn't come back. Was this mission tested properly? This is one of the things you should try to iron out early so it doesn't put off players.

- FPS comes to a crawl at some spots due to the aforementioned long sightlines, tangled on with a bunch of objects being displayed on screen at once. I assume you know this, but with how the engine works, objects on screen causes it to break a little. This happened in FtM Life and other missions that do this with objects, like some of Christine's (Raven Creek being the most apparent).

Here's an example of the "Line of Sight" issue:
    https://i.imgur.com/8G9Obfg.png

Also just want to touch on the skybox here. In a town as lit as this you would NOT be able to see as many stars in the sky as this one. Why not try using NewSky and create something more full of life? The things you can do with it are pretty awesome.

Oh it's out! Great work Pedro, it was a pleasure to explore while testing.

Quote Originally Posted by Psych0sis View Post
    Honestly... This is unfortunately a pretty big letdown of a mission(s) I have ever played. I really wanted to play a new Thief 2 FM, but I am going to have to pass after getting a little bit into mission 2...

lets see...
    get your money back while there's still time

Quote Originally Posted by Cardia View Post
    Mat, but i have test this version yesterday before releasing it and apart from the sound issue in some areas everything else works fine to me.
    OK, but I told about ReadMe mainly. That is proper one, but before Your addings:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/p8f6ocpdo8...s%20Paolis.txt

Quote Originally Posted by Cardia View Post
    I have check the mission zip file and this is not the beta 3 version, this one has the market stalls in the place fe la mairie , also i check the date of both missions, this is the right final version.
    Yes, the files' dates are maybe ok, but You never changed the loot values since Beta1. Well, it's fine for me and I don't mind, but remember about standard-TTLG-loot-complainers and they WILL certainly complain as they have been doing for years :)

However the loot values are little misslanding (too high and differences between them 1-2%) and there was a discussion about it during Beta1 and Beta2. For some reason, in Beta3, RC1 & FV, You left them the same as they were in Beta1&2. Is this intentional? You never told us. If so, then I stay in silent but the digits telling itself:

Mission 1 Nrm - 89%
    Mission 1 Hrd - 90%
    Mission 1 Exp - 92%

Mission 2 Nrm - 94%
    Mission 2 Hrd - 95%
    Mission 2 Exp - 96%

I was sure that was values for the testers only to intentionally force them to find it, then to remove (substract) the hardest loot pieces from the goals/objectives.
    Last edited by Mat99; 29th Jun 2019 at 11:33.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramone View Post
    Oh it's out! Great work Pedro, it was a pleasure to explore while testing.
    Thank you so Ramone, and thank you very much for your precious testing and excellent voice acting

Mat that you for the updated readme file!

I'm just in Mission 1, and I rather like the fact the guards don't speak English. We've heard what they have to say in English so many times before.

Also, Garrett seems to have a mural from Pompeii in his room in the castle. Neat!

Hello Pedro I am enjoying this a lot!! Your missions are always stunning and fun, but i need a stronger hint on the helmet. I see an open window in that area but cannot get up there??

About 20 mins into Part 1, wondering if there was ever going to be a map for this Cardia size mission; I came back to the forums to see what others were saying. Checked Darkfate News link in this thread re: screenshots and didn't even know that 1.27 was out - and we all know what that means: been playing on 1.26 with no perceived problems, but I am about to update and wanted you to know this seems to be working in 1.26 fwiw.

Re: the deep house and/or loud ambient trademark of Cardia. I just know better by now and deal with the music files in the fm install before playing. It takes a few mins but I get to preserve the immersion.

Quote Originally Posted by pwl View Post
    Hello Pedro I am enjoying this a lot!! Your missions are always stunning and fun, but i need a stronger hint on the helmet. I see an open window in that area but cannot get up there??
    Try harder, the open window is deliberately difficult to mantle. Alternatively, use a speed potion. When inside, make sure you search the room thoroughly.

Thank you Ill try that.

That did the trick!!

Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast