TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

View Poll Results: What FM should we cover in the near future?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Art of Thievery suggested by Galaer

3 18.75%
  • Calendras Legacy suggested by punkey brunster

9 56.25%
  • FMs by AsyluM suggested by Independent Thief

4 25.00%
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: ThiefPodcast - Daniel Thron / Dominus - Thief Art - Questions?

I want to know if they wish they were them!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Squadarofl View Post
    I want to know if they wish they were them!!!!
    Please explain your question...I don't get it

ThiefPodcast E16 - Feast of Pilgrims f. RANDOM TAFFER & MARBLEMAN

The TMA20AContest is over and here are the winners - RANDOM TAFFER & MARBLEMAN where so kind to discuss their contest winning mission "FEAST OF PILGRIMS" Thanks to our guests for making this interesting discussion possible and please keep creating your amazing content!

Download the mission HERE!

Follow us on Twitter!

Visit us on YouTube!

Here's the YouTube, please Taffers..share!

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Looking forward to listening to it tomorrow! However 4 copies of the same post in various threads is excessive, I left the one in the contest results thread as well as, of course, this one.

God has spoken, so we shall accept it

FireMage - Questions

Hey Taffers,

any questions you would like to hear in our episode with "FireMage" about his outstanding contest mission "Builders Paradise?"

Also, since he's a "Dromed Wizard" (Marblemen quote) - are there any technical questions you guys like to ask as well?

Please tell us!

If you haven't played it... here you go
    Last edited by Supremcee; 16th Jul 2020 at 17:13.

My question to the author would be:

How did the mission change while you were creating it? Were there major changes to the storyline, the setting, what the player had/has to do? Had anything important to be cut because of running out of time, running out of ideas, because something did not work technically, or because testers were not able to solve some task?

Quote Originally Posted by baeuchlein View Post
    My question to the author would be:

How did the mission change while you were creating it? Were there major changes to the storyline, the setting, what the player had/has to do? Had anything important to be cut because of running out of time, running out of ideas, because something did not work technically, or because testers were not able to solve some task?
    Thanks for your question(s)....this is alot I will note it but I'm sure most if it will be answered during the episode..FireMage seems to be a very talkative/forthcoming person....

What is planned to fix/change in (possible) subsequent versions of TBP?

I'm curious whether the ability to get rid of Kernel was added later in development or was it always in the mission?

Thanks guys, put it in my notes

Quote Originally Posted by Supremcee View Post
    this is alot
    Not necessarily. Basically, it's all the same question: What did change? The subsequent ones are just there to clarify what this could mean. Start with the first one, then see what FireMage answers, and with a bit of luck, the ball is already rolling then.

my question: what's with the spaceship \ plane thing that flies by the wndow as you go from the outdoor area with the rustgas fallout into the entrance to the builder's paradise? maybe i missed a readable later, but didn't see it mentioned afterwards :P

Also please do an episode with Gaetane sometime talking about the L'Arsene series, IMO those are some of the best FMs and probably the best series I can think of and she is my favorite FM author : )

Quote Originally Posted by Toulomne View Post
    Also please do an episode with Gaetane sometime talking about the L'Arsene series, IMO those are some of the best FMs and probably the best series I can think of and she is my favorite FM author : )
    Some while ago I replayed them and had the same thought, is she still active in the community? or at least is there an easy way to contact her?

EDIT: her last post was in 2018, so she does not seem to be active, but 2018 is not too far away so there might be people around here that are in contact....we contacted Purah so we might contact her If anyone has a trace....let me know

“Were you disappointed you didn’t win the contest?” The Builder’s Paradise is one of the most ambitious and atmospheric missions ever made, but was still edged out in the voting by Feast of Pilgrims.

Username,
    I noted it but I think this will be answered at the beginning in some way...as in the FoP episode with Random_Taffer and Marbleman....

About Gaetane : she didn't show up on the french forum since 2018 too.
    I've sent MP to ask her if she's interested in making podcast.

Question for Firemage :
    - Did his brother help him in any way for his FM, ideas, french voices, beta-test ?
    - What PC does he have, old or recent ?
    - What others games does he play/like ?

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    I am in contact with Gaetane on Facebook where she is still semi-active. I doubt she will be interested in doing a podcast, though.

Don't necessarily need to interview the author to do an episode on it

Quote Originally Posted by Psych0sis View Post
    Don't necessarily need to interview the author to do an episode on it
    no but it's way more interesting and I know the community appreciates it especially people that are not active anymore

Curious about level design and art direction of the Builders Paradise as, everything is so vertical, contrast of rusty-orange outside with green-steel-gold-white interiors. Everything is spacious but not for usage, only for show, mix of sci-fi, steampunk, and emphasizing the building "guts". What author had in mind, what were thoughts behind the creative process, and creating the Paradise? Besides Karras flexing with his budget.

Quote Originally Posted by wycha View Post
    Curious about level design and art direction of the Builders Paradise as, everything is so vertical, contrast of rusty-orange outside with green-steel-gold-white interiors. Everything is spacious but not for usage, only for show, mix of sci-fi, steampunk, and emphasizing the building "guts". What author had in mind, what were thoughts behind the creative process, and creating the Paradise? Besides Karras flexing with his budget.
    I think this will be talked about anyways but your details are something to mention! Noted

Thanks to all your questions so far! The amount shows that this mission (and his overall work) really impressed us all keep them coming...we'll propably record on August 8th
    Last edited by Supremcee; 21st Jul 2020 at 17:29.

And here we go again! In the near future we will have Daniel Thron as a guest. You can find an older TTLG interview here we will also have Dominus on that episode. We want to look behind the creation of Thiefs Art and discuss whats on our minds. So if you Taffers have any Questions.....here you go

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast