TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

View Poll Results: What FM should we cover in the near future?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Art of Thievery suggested by Galaer

3 18.75%
  • Calendras Legacy suggested by punkey brunster

9 56.25%
  • FMs by AsyluM suggested by Independent Thief

4 25.00%
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Thread: ThiefPodcast - New Episode - Art Behind Thief f. Daniel Thron, Dominus&Skacky

Who is your favorite actor/actress? Your favorite film? Who is your favorite artist and novelist?

Authors: prepare for your master - FireMage - who was so kind to spend some time with us to give us some inside view on his 2nd Place Contest Mission "The Builders Paradise". After listening to, what he has achieved in terms of design, programming, reusing stock sources etc. you might rethink your rating - we sure did. Thanks to FireMage for your interesting views on your outsanding work!

Get the mission HERE

Visit us on YouTube

Visit us on Twitter

by the way here is FireMages YoutubeChannel

Great interview! It truly is a fine FM, nice to get an insight from the Maestro himself. Bravo, Jordan and to the IAL Team!

Quote Originally Posted by Purgator View Post
    Great interview! It truly is a fine FM, nice to get an insight from the Maestro himself. Bravo, Jordan and to the IAL Team!
    :* *kisses and thank you*

After the conversation with FireMage and knowing what he put into that mission...he deserves P1
    Last edited by Supremcee; 11th Aug 2020 at 19:10.

Maybe some small suggestion for future: since you interviewed Purah, it would be also interesting to listen about another classic Thief FM series - Circle of Stone and Shadow - maybe with some inputs from Purah's Arkane colleague, Digital Nightfall and/or Anarchic Fox and/or R Soul.

Quote Originally Posted by michael a View Post
    Maybe some small suggestion for future: since you interviewed Purah, it would be also interesting to listen about another classic Thief FM series - Circle of Stone and Shadow - maybe with some inputs from Purah's Arkane colleague, Digital Nightfall and/or Anarchic Fox and/or R Soul.
    Thank you,Suggestions are always welcome....but this isn't a small one, the first problem is that we really don't like Mission X (at least nex and me, Psych0sis I'm not sure) - so it will take us alot of time and alot of will to live on afterwards organizing it is the next thing...maybe in the future, I know that this (especially Mission X) is very interesting from it's design, scripting etc. and a classic, so nothing's promised, but we are aware how important CoSas was even if never finished

Debate between Cardia and Psych0sis about "Les Paolis". I am serious about this. Would love to hear their different viewpoints on design.

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    An interview with Digi in general, including his role in the early days of TTLG, CoSaS, his collaboration with SlipTip (Fables of a Penitent Thief), and leading into his current gig would be interesting to me. You need not focus on Mission X if you're not a fan of it, Digi was involved with a lot more than that.

Quote Originally Posted by View Post
    Debate between Cardia and Psych0sis about "Les Paolis". I am serious about this. Would love to hear their different viewpoints on design.
    Cardia, Nope....a user that insults members in a way I've never seen before via PMs...nope, Cardia, never! There are many others that are worth your/our time for good
    Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    An interview with Digi in general, including his role in the early days of TTLG, CoSaS, his collaboration with SlipTip (Fables of a Penitent Thief), and leading into his current gig would be interesting to me. You need not focus on Mission X if you're not a fan of it, Digi was involved with a lot more than that.
    This might be a thing, great idea but for this we would need some help from the community with bringing things together, some questions etc....but let's note this idea, I like it, thanks

This would need a good structure because mixing so many things, keep it interesting and trying to cover most of the stuff people are interested in is huge....but a straight interview with clear questions from you taffers would make it possible....
    Last edited by Supremcee; 14th Aug 2020 at 18:00.

Some suggestions you may want to consider for future episodes:

- A discussion about another Thief 2 or Thief 1 original mission.
    - An interview/casual talk with TheLegitCount, who is not just an expert speedrunner (I know you already have speedruning covered), but also a great Thief enthusiast. You could perhaps talk to him about Thief 2 Titanium Gold event that he won.
    - An interview with nicked about one of his fan missions.
    - An interview with GORT about Rebellion of the Builder 1/2.
    - A discussion focused on the three factions: Keepers, Hammerites, and Pagans.
    - A discussion focused on the supernatural elements of Thief series: undead, Maw creatures, mages, etc.

thanks for your suggestions! OMs are currently on hold since there are things with authors, original creators of the thief games, etc. planned, (and also there's private life which is pretty busy in my terms at the moment) but yeah we'd love to cover the next T2 OMs...but there's those other things

Nicked is already planned and to the rest, Nex and Psych0sis are not so much into those topics so if you guys would like to join for a discussion about different topics like factions, lore etc. tell me

Quote Originally Posted by View Post
    I'd have to actually stomach a playthrough of it and I think I'd rather just let the dude "win" on that one.

so guys again....QuestionTime...in a couple of days I will record an episode with Daniel Thron (part of the T1 & T2 original art design team) and Dominus (Pandemonium Arts - great artist when it comes to game cover designs etc). So if you have questions...please add them. Of course we will talk about the process and behind the scenes of the Thief creation process and the outstanding Artstyle that those games provide.

Daniel Thron: Check out an interview done by Dominus here or his movie podcast Martini Giant

Check Dominus out here on Twitter or Instagram

I see...you Taffers don't seem to be interested so much but just for your notice..we will have someone that was part of the creation of the original Thief Games at LookingGlass..so your last chance to put questions, I'm really wondering why there is no question to a person like him, anyways, episode with Daniel Thron and Dominus should come this week

i love the stained glass in thief 1 alot
    Last edited by downwinder; 13th Sep 2020 at 21:37.

Well, I am interested, but for quite a while couldn't think of any question which was neither mentioned in Supremcee's post about the interviews, nor already answered in the interview mentioned.

Now that I read it a second time, though... You could try to pick things up where the interview ended. Did Thron play TDM now, and what were his thoughts about the game and the game's art? How does he compare it (game and art) to Thief 1, 2 and 3? Did he see Thief 4 yet? How important are these games (and perhaps different projects he had during the last decades) for him today?

You could also ask Dominus about what he thinks of these aspects, what he thinks about Thron's art in the Thief games. Maybe even whether he would do something different. The idea is not to get your interview partners to a fight to the death, but rather to hear different viewpoints of two artists about the same thing. And since I still don't know much about both guys, and probably other listeners aren't much the wiser, a short introduction of each of them could be appropriate.

Maybe that's enough to get the interview going, and then let it roll along with a little steering nudge here and there.

These are the questions for Dan I asked on Twitter:

- I do have a question for Dan: did he and later on his company for TDS had any input on the background art (e.g. the Keeper compound in the T2 cutscene before Eavesdropping, or the Council Tower for Garrett's trial in TDS).
    - By extension, did they draw the characters themselves or were they supplied by someone else and then imported and animated?
    - Also what came first: Constantine's room in the reveal cutscene in T1 or the actual room made in dromed used in The Sword and Escape and then used as reference?
    - Got another one that is sort of related to the previous: when exactly were the cutscenes made during the development cycle? I imagine it was fairly late into development but I'd really like to know what the timeline is.
    - Also, did Dan make the cinematic snippets seen in this early trailer? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9ZNmMqTbZ8
    - Does Dan know why TDS doesn't use the classic briefing structure seen in T1 and T2? I understand several cutscenes had to be made in-engine due to scheduling and money problems, but what about the briefings?
    - Some early material for Thief 1 had Garrett use a grappling hook and/or a crossbow; does Dan know the history of these and why they were cut in favor of a bow and the rope arrow?
    - This is a nerdy question: according to Lord Bafford's ledger and the documents found in Donal's manor, a good portion of Thief 1 takes place around April/May of the year 34. Why exactly is the ending cutscene taking place in the winter then?

The Art behind Thief f. Daniel Thron, Dominus & Skacky

This time we have outstanding guests for an outstanding topic – The ART behind THIEF -
    I had the pleasure to be joined by Daniel Thron – who had a major role in the creation process of the Art for the original Thief Games – Also I was joined by the amazing, Thief inspired artist, Dominus and Skacky who added so many questions and material to the discussion.

I’m personally very proud of the episode – my amazing guests made this possible – Thank you so much!

Available on iTunes, Spotify and on every PodcastApp

Download the audio file directly here

You will find all the links and files we used during the episode below:

Thief Logos over time

Teaser Trailer – “The Dark Project”

The PopEye Scene we talked about

The missing robot/servant design:

A

B

C

Mage Tower Old School Screenshot

Mordern Thief Concept

Artists:

zdzisław beksiński

Jennifer Hrabota

Also visit Daniels Movie Podcast - MARTINI GIANT - here
    Last edited by Supremcee; 19th Sep 2020 at 18:49.

This is an incredible episode that you don't want to miss! Daniel was very candid and enthusiastic about it and we learned a whole lot of stuff.

Agreed! This is such an incredible episode (I got a mention in there too).
    Daniel is such an affable kinda guy. Warm, enthusiastic and more than happy to discuss his experiences with Thief. The interplay between guest and the IAL crew in this episode is wonderful.
    Congrats Supremcee/skacky/Dominus (the new Dream Team?).

Truly fascinating episode with great people - Keep up the good work!!

Quote Originally Posted by Purgator View Post
    Agreed! This is such an incredible episode (I got a mention in there too).
    Daniel is such an affable kinda guy. Warm, enthusiastic and more than happy to discuss his experiences with Thief. The interplay between guest and the IAL crew in this episode is wonderful.
    Congrats Supremcee/skacky/Dominus (the new Dream Team?).
    Thank you very much but I have to say that it was me from the IAL crew and Daniel, Dominus and Skacky were the guests to eliminate confusion here it's obvious that the focus was on Daniel because as we know we rarely get those chances to talk to someone who played a major role in the production of Thief and we suck up every information we can get. Dominus actually pushed me and got me into contact with Daniel and since he's an amazing artist it was perfect for this topic. Skackys appearance wasn't planned until some days ago but since he put so many questions here...it was the best choice to let him appear and I'm so glad this happened because he added so much to this and without him in would have taken a total different direction or let's say....alot of details wouldn't have been mentioned. I learned alot from this...and I'd be happy, if in the future we get the chance to invite a thief veteran, that skacky (or someone with similar interest in the topic) will be joining. So thank you Dominus and Skacky! And we had to name you you provide so much knowledge and thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Taffer View Post
    Truly fascinating episode with great people - Keep up the good work!!
    thank you i think we were blessed this year to have Stephen Russel and now Daniel Thron....the rest of the year will be a bit more "normal" episodes....but I'm working on it to get some other original Thief insiders
    Last edited by Supremcee; 20th Sep 2020 at 16:59.

Even if I wasn't a thief nut I would have really enjoyed this episode. Very inspiring topic in general and loved hearing the tips. Great guest line up all the way. Wow!

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast