TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

View Poll Results: What FM should we cover in the near future?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Art of Thievery suggested by Galaer

3 18.75%
  • Calendras Legacy suggested by punkey brunster

9 56.25%
  • FMs by AsyluM suggested by Independent Thief

4 25.00%
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 38910111213

Thread: ThiefPodcast -NewEpisode: 1 Mio Units Contest Review f. BRETHREN

I've only played The Turning of the Leaves out of his missions. I'm interested in:
    1. Which part of that map he started making first and last, and how that mission evolved throughout the process. In other words, were all the areas in the mission in his head before starting it or did they spawn as a part of the creation process?
    3. Did he run out of time or room towards the end of the contest period?
    4. If he had more than 1 million units to work with, what else would he have implemented/expanded in the mission?

Edit: Just realized I have also played Vampire Skull.

Quote Originally Posted by klatremus View Post
    I've only played The Turning of the Leaves out of his missions. I'm interested in:
    1. Which part of that map he started making first and last, and how that mission evolved throughout the process. In other words, were all the areas in the mission in his head before starting it or did they spawn as a part of the creation process?
    3. Did he run out of time or room towards the end of the contest period?
    4. If he had more than 1 million units to work with, what else would he have implemented/expanded in the mission?

Edit: Just realized I have also played Vampire Skull.
    (Child of Karrass Voice): I have noticed. Your questions will be told. Thanks for your support!

Last chance Taffers for your questions

Quote Originally Posted by gamophyte View Post
    Aww YIS, Nicked is awesome. I just wanted to say I love Nicked's attention to making the enjoinment lived it. I know with the large city missions it can feel empty, but I loved the peeing guard and signs of a festival. I guess I have two questions, in mission so far was there anything planned for immersion that didn't come to pass? Are those roadblocks still around? Is there a dream setting for a FM that he may or may not do in the future?
    Quote Originally Posted by baeuchlein View Post
    Yes, I would also be interested in areas that were cut from his missions, although I merely think of his "Sturmdrang Peak" campaign.

Then, of course, he could be asked about how he came to playing Thief and then making missions for it, and maybe whether he rather prefers playing or making missions. How did the idea of "Malazar's inscrutable tower" come to mind, and how did the first idea change while the mission was being constructed/developed?
    damn...the pages switched..almost overlooked your question but luckily..they are noted.Thank you guys!

Here's a couple of general questions:
    1. I'd like to know which one/ones of his FMs he regards to be his best?
    2. Which one/ones of his FMs was the most fun to build and which one was the most painful?

NEW EPISODE - MALAZAR'S INSCRUTABLE TOWER f. NICKED

You guys like creativity, interesting architecture and unique gameplay? Then NICKED is your man and was our guest this time. We mainly talked about his outstanding puzzle mission “Malazar’s Inscrutable Tower” – the inspirations, techniques and gameplay tweaks he added and also his work in general considering “Sturmdrang Peak”, “The Falling of the Leaves” or “The Violent End of Duncan Malveine”. It was a pleasure. We’re sorry that the audio/connection quality isn’t as great as we want it to be..but in lockdown times the internet seems to be a bit stressed out. Hope you can still enjoy it.

Direct Download

Get the mission here:

The Turning of the Leaves:

The Violent End of Duncan Malveine:

Sturmdrang Peak:
    Last edited by Supremcee; 23rd Jan 2021 at 19:02.

Mike get out!

Quote Originally Posted by Squadarofl View Post
    Mike get out!
    I posted the episode minutes ago..how do you know about Mike/Brethren?

New Episode: BLACKMAIL T2OM7

It took us over a year to go on with Original Missions…finally here we go. Hope you Taffers enjoy it.

available on Spotify, iTunes and every PodcastApp or DIRECTLY HERE (MP3)

Neat! Looking forward to Tracing the Courier discussion already.

Quote Originally Posted by marbleman View Post
    Neat! Looking forward to Tracing the Courier discussion already.
    You have HIGH HOPES

New Episode: 1 Million Units Contest Review f. BRETHREN

SPOILER ALERT! if you haven't played all the missions, please do before listening Contest Review Time – and even with its Initiator BRETHREN who was our guest while we reviewed the ONE MILLION UNITS CONTEST. Hope you guys enjoy it, let us know your opinions, there might be mixed ones

available on iTunes, Spotify and every podcast app

or directly HERE

here are the timestamps:

00:00:00 - Introduction
    00:16:14 Midsummer Nights Heist
    00:39:12 Alcazar
    01:02:09 Nightwalk
    01:11:15 Recipe for Turmoil
    01:29:31 Sabotage in Eastport
    01:40:02 Sinister Night
    02:01:55 Cinder Notes
    02:28:12 The Perdurance
    02:44:07 The Turning of the Leaves
    Last edited by Supremcee; 28th Feb 2021 at 18:29.

Haha, if I had known going into the recording that it was going to be uploaded after the voting ended, I would had just revealed to you guys (and listeners) that I was the author of Recipe for Turmoil, instead of pretending to give it a review based on notes from a friend of mine who played it ! I know Brethren was having a good laugh while I was talking about it.

Oh well, I still think the discussion of it was valid and the episode was really enjoyable.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 38910111213