TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

View Poll Results: What FM should we cover in the near future?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Art of Thievery suggested by Galaer

3 18.75%
  • Calendras Legacy suggested by punkey brunster

9 56.25%
  • FMs by AsyluM suggested by Independent Thief

4 25.00%
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 491011121314

Thread: Thief Podcast: NEW EPISODE: 24: Our TOP 3 THIEF GOLD Missions

I would really love to have a more regular share in your podcasts, but with a busy family life it really isnt possible. How suspicious that Psych0sis pulled out right before Trace the Courier...

Quote Originally Posted by klatremus View Post
    I would really love to have a more regular share in your podcasts, but with a busy family life it really isnt possible. How suspicious that Psych0sis pulled out right before Trace the Courier...
    xD yeah how suspicious...you are an all time welcome guest/addition/highlight. So if in the future we can arrange sth. we are up to it!

What's the recording schedule that you and Nex aim for? If I'm not mistaken your on EU time, Supremcee?

if there are more shows i would love to get deeper into story from t1-tg-t2-t3 and discussions on pre thief 1 storyline and post t3 storyline

also is that complete map of thief world complete? i would love to see a final map while listening to storyline and locations for each part of storyline maybe have the map highlight during each locations part of story

also did it bother anyone in t3 about pavelock prison,i never got caught to get in i had to jump in water,that always bothered me and the prison was so small=big disappointment

and how difficult would it be to remake thief 3 on newdark thief 2,with loading zones as no way a low end comp can run that map with out loading zones

sorry for yapping,hope all works out with the podcast

Quote Originally Posted by downwinder View Post
    if there are more shows i would love to get deeper into story from t1-tg-t2-t3 and discu.....
    thanks for the input but topic suggestions are our least problem right now as long as we don't have people to talk about it

I recommend inviting TheLegitCount to the podcast.

Yo, def interested if it could work with my schedule.

Pros:
    Good mic.
    Okay personality.
    Huge thief fan.
    Familiar with released FMs and Dromed.
    I like game design in general and wish there were a new stealth based game like thief every year.
    I love world building.

Cons:
    I've not caught up on anything released over covid, job got very demanding atm but will ease up soon. I play shooters before bed then get up and do it all over.
    I'm not very versed in deep cut LGS or proto-thief stuff, but I've read some things.
    I've been a fair-weather fan on TTLG, here off and on, I can't comment too much on personalities there, because I really don't know anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Supremcee View Post
    Hey, love the podcast

I would say that an interesting idea that wouldn't require more than the two of you would be to interview players about their experiences with certain FM's, for example I had a friend who had only recently beat the two main games get into Fan Missions and play through Calendra's Cistern.

Invite randoms as guests to give dialogue on whatever topic you discuss!

My views: (1) I personally don't need regular episodes. If one comes out several months after the last one, I will still listen to it if the topic is interesting. Podcasting might also be more enjoyable for you if you do another episode only when you all have time, without stressing out about a schedule. (2) Previous episodes were too long for me personally. I don't have three hours to listen to an unedited, meandering conversation. For example, I was interested in Daniel Thron as a guest, but when I saw the episode was three hours long, I did not download it. I did download and listen to the Thief 2 20th Anniversary Contest Review, but still felt a lot of the conversation could have been cut in editing.

Quote Originally Posted by View Post
    My views: (1) I personally don't need regular episodes. If one comes out several months after the last one, I will still listen to it if the topic is interesting. Podcasting might also be more enjoyable for you if you do another episode only when you all have time, without stressing out about a schedule. (2) Previous episodes were too long for me personally. I don't have three hours to listen to an unedited, meandering conversation. For example, I was interested in Daniel Thron as a guest, but when I saw the episode was three hours long, I did not download it. I did download and listen to the Thief 2 20th Anniversary Contest Review, but still felt a lot of the conversation could have been cut in editing.
    thanks for you answer but maybe the idea of the podcast is not for you. Imagine some taffers meeting at a coffeetable and just discuss Thief and the main feedback we got is that people enjoy exactly this. And cutting a discussion with someone like Daniel Thron would really not do it justice (and I would really suggest to listen to the Daniel episode such an enjoyable character wiht so many interesting details he tells the community)...and nobody says that you need to listen to it in one go, thats the great thing about podcasts, you can stop and continue whenever you feel like it. and we never do a podcast when we're not feeling like it - thats also the idea

New Episode: 23 Why we LOVE THIEF

We are back with our new Podcast members – Seth & Jake – and to introduce them to you Taffers, we thought it would be a great idea to find out why we & you guys love THIEF. Also thanks to all the answers from the community, we hope we inserted them to your liking.

If you want to read through the community responses

The THIEF-like game that was mentioned:

Another THIEF-like Game called “DELIGHTFYL” with a playable DEMO:

Cool! Are Seth and Jake users on TTLG? If so, what are their usernames?

Great podcast, guys! Seth and Jake are a wonderful addition to the team.
    We never got to have a Thief-Con, so these continuing discussions with fans, FM authors, devs and voice actors are the next best thing . Keep it up!
    Edit: If we were reaaallly to have a Thief-Con it would definitely have to be held in Cambridge, MA. Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by klatremus View Post
    Cool! Are Seth and Jake users on TTLG? If so, what are their usernames?
    Hey man, Jake is "Shadow Taffer" (Youtube Channel here and TWITCH here)he's not active on the forum, just hiding in the shadows and Seth is Ascobol on TTLG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Purgator View Post
    Great podcast, guys! Seth and Jake are a wonderful addition to the team.
    We never got to have a Thief-Con, so these continuing discussions with fans, FM authors, devs and voice actors are the next best thing . Keep it up!
    Edit: If we were reaaallly to have a Thief-Con it would definitely have to be held in Cambridge, MA. Just saying.
    Thank you, and I'm happy that I choose wisely ( I actually had some sort of casting which felt weird) and you like them. It immediatly clicked and I'm happy with our first episode together.
    I always imagined a ThiefCon for 10years or so....but it should be held in The City!
    Last edited by Supremcee; 18th Jul 2021 at 15:39.

Jake is "Shadow Taffer"......he's not active on the forum, just hiding.
    Da hell? Don't make me come git you, Shadow Taffer!

Excellent episode, Supremcee and gang. You make my long commute to work very tolerable when a new episode comes out. I hope you have Seth and Jake on again.

Thanks to this episode, I've reloaded Thief 2014 and am going to give it another go. I absolutely hated it when it was first released, but I have a better machine now which will certainly help. I think my experience with playing "The Dark Mod" the last several years will also help alleviate some of my "Thief shouldn't have modern graphics" issues I originally had with Thief 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Relayer2112 View Post
    Excellent episode, Supremcee and gang. You make my long commute to work very tolerable when a new episode comes out. I hope you have Seth and Jake on again.

Thanks to this episode, I've reloaded Thief 2014 and am going to give it another go. I absolutely hated it when it was first released, but I have a better machine now which will certainly help. I think my experience with playing "The Dark Mod" the last several years will also help alleviate some of my "Thief shouldn't have modern graphics" issues I originally had with Thief 4.
    Thank you very much Yeah the will be there in future episodes. We're glad we can add some spice to boring tasks, thats what podcasts also do for me I don't know if the graphics are the problem in a modern thief if they are done well, which is the case in TDM, which in my opinion adds something to the forumla with the dynamic shadows while not ignoring what made thief great - exploring, movement, big playgrounds for you.

we're testing a live recording of our new podcast episode today at 1PM eastern time / 19:00 CET ...maybe this could make the podcast a bit more interactive when you taffers can chat with us? would love to see you there https://www.twitch.tv/thiefpodcastial

NEW EPISODE: 24 Our TOP 3 THIEF GOLD Missions

Hey folks, Seth here! Thanks for listening

there was a fan mission where you go undercover to the glaziers cult,and there are many others cant think of names of them

My first thought about "undercover" missions was the lizard temple portion of GodBreaker (at least I think I remember it being lizard people).

New Episode: 23 Why we LOVE THIEF
    We are back with our new Podcast members – Seth & Jake – and to introduce them to you Taffers, we thought it would be a great idea to find out why we & you guys love THIEF. Also thanks to all the answers from the community, we hope we inserted them to your liking.
    I've been away from the forums for a while, but had to dive back in to discuss this!
    About an hour into the episode the hosts start talking about where your thief devices come from, how the elemental arrows are made, etc.
    I always thought the elemental crystals were naturally occurring but difficult to work with; Garrett is deft enough to make arrows from them. In fiction, and in a more complex game, he would probably craft them from arrow shafts by removing the broadhead tip and tying the crystal on.
    I have thought about how Thief would play with an inventory system like SS2, so why not crafting as well? Crystals go in your inventory, and you can sacrifice a regular arrow to make an elemental arrow! It would add some scarcity mechanics, and make you consider if maybe you should save the regular arrow for later. I don't know if an inventory system could even be implemented, but it's fun to consider. As you collect items of value your "loot bag" gets bigger and you have to drop supplies to make room for more statues and vases!
    Around 1hr30m there is a discussion of guard patrol routes; how T1 guards had long meandering routes and could pop back in at any time, while T2 routes were more within a given area. I don't recall if it was an OM or an FM, but one had guards mostly localized to certain areas, but also had a guard captain that would do rounds of the whole estate. You could clear an area of normal guards, but he would drop by occasionally to double check on security It was a good way of combining the easier T2 guard behavior with the unpredictability of a T1 guard. I think maybe he had a no-KO helmet, too, to keep players alert

NEW EPISODE: 24 Our TOP 3 THIEF GOLD Missions
    around 1hr20m you guys actually talk a bit about changing the loot method and imposing penalties for carrying so much heavy, clinky material I promise I had not listened to his episode yet when I commented earlier
    I thought I was having connection issues when Jake's internet glitched out around 1hr45m, or that my aging phone was finally failing. I'm glad that wasn't the case, but it would have been nice for podcast listeners to have cut that part.
    3D printing! Seth (I think) talked about exporting the sword handle and printing it to make a full sword from; has anyone done game model printing? I've been wanting the enhanced statue models printed for my shelves like real loot.
    Last edited by MrMunkeepants; 1st Aug 2021 at 17:57. Reason: comments on latest episode

Gameplay Channel

if you're interested - follow the channel here A Thief BROADcast

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 491011121314