TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

View Poll Results: What FM should we cover in the near future?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Art of Thievery suggested by Galaer

3 18.75%
  • Calendras Legacy suggested by punkey brunster

9 56.25%
  • FMs by AsyluM suggested by Independent Thief

4 25.00%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Ep11:"Supreme Ghosting f. KLATREMUS"online! Inside at Last - Thief Podcast Megathread

so i tried to do framed with out sewer ,but for some reason in my version the walls have some metal gate along it making it impossible to mantle on also the walls by anything you can climb on are way higher to mantle,for both right or left side

i never tried to mantle on camera yet for a direct approach,but seems like sewers is only way in on my version,not sure if its cause i updated thief 2 and they fixed the exploits

over all great cast keep up the great work,would love to see a show with bbb on it talking about his amazing missions and how much traveling they have

and a speical show with cardia on his melancholy in porto mission 1 newdark version and the pre new dark as the upgrades to rooms was amazing,even added a dog house which is amazing in thief,as i dont think second mission is connected?

Quote Originally Posted by downwinder View Post
    so i tried to do framed with out sewer ,but for some reason in my version the walls have some metal gate along it making it impossible to mantle on also the walls by anything you can climb on are way higher to mantle,for both right or left side

i never tried to mantle on camera yet for a direct approach,but seems like sewers is only way in on my version,not sure if its cause i updated thief 2 and they fixed the exploits

over all great cast keep up the great work,would love to see a show with bbb on it talking about his amazing missions and how much traveling they have

and a speical show with cardia on his melancholy in porto mission 1 newdark version and the pre new dark as the upgrades to rooms was amazing,even added a dog house which is amazing in thief,as i dont think second mission is connected?
    If I remember right, Psych0sis explained in our SpeedRun episode, that this gate was added in New Dark and that for the speedrunners it was a little annoying.

NewDark doesnt add or change anything to the missions. NewDark is just an engine update. TFix includes updates to the missions, but those undergo revisions constantly. I assume the speedrunning communuty base their runs on the original missions, without any changes from third parties.

Quote Originally Posted by klatremus View Post
    NewDark doesnt add or change anything to the missions. NewDark is just an engine update. TFix includes updates to the missions, but those undergo revisions constantly. I assume the speedrunning communuty base their runs on the original missions, without any changes from third parties.
    but i'm pretty sure that psych0sis said something like it, I will force him to answer here

This is correct, base newdark doesn't change the levels at all, its the bigger scale mods like TFIX and T2FIX that do these things.

Also yes and no, we either play on OldDark (which would be the originals as intended) or Tafferpatcher/TFIX on older patches of them where things werent changed for the sake of being changed

Quote Originally Posted by Psych0sis View Post
    This is correct, base newdark doesn't change the levels at all, its the bigger scale mods like TFIX and T2FIX that do these things.

Also yes and no, we either play on OldDark (which would be the originals as intended) or Tafferpatcher/TFIX on older patches of them where things werent changed for the sake of being changed
    and he did as told!

That makes sense, and that confirmed what I already thought (and hoped).

That makes sense, and that confirmed what I already thought (and hoped).
    I only present the podcast, don't expect any knowledge from me

Hey taffers,

GOOD NEWS!

Finally I got a positive answer from Anthony Huso or Purah as he is known best here. He is ready to join us for our Calendras episode but of course he has a busy life. This means that 1. our Calendras Legacy feat. purah episode will be delayed (we wanted to record it this weekend, but since Anthony is now joining us we delay it until he is ready) 2. we all prepared for Calendras Legacy, played it through etc. and now we have to change our plans, so maybe we might not be able to record this weekend since we haven't all played through the next OMs from Thief 2 which means we couldn't go into detail as much as we use to do so maybe the next episode might be a bit delayed to make sure it has the same quality. sorry for that but I hope you agree that we have good reasons we keep you updated

!!!!!

sounds great ,i cant wait

Hey Taffers!
    I'll be streaming Calendras Legacy mission 2 again and now without any exploits as instructed by supremcee.
    20:00 (in 40mins)
    https://www.twitch.tv/cn3ux

Its possible Shoalsgate was intended as Mission 1 or 2, hence the lockpick tutorial, but it became too advanced so they moved some missions.

possible yes, but it would have been easy to remove the text and put it into Shipping and Receiving, maybe an access door right at the beginning to enter the harbour.....anyway I think if "Framed" would have been earlier it would have had a similar problem like thief 1, the learning curve would have been to fast and high, so to put it as mission 3 was a good decision i think.

And to all of you, please be so kind to mention what episode you are referring to because we already talked about thief over 10 hours and it will be more so it will get harder for us and listeners to immediatly know what you are mentioning. we are grateful to every response because this means you guys are listening with your brains on...but please help us to make answers easy thanks
    Last edited by Supremcee; 10th Aug 2019 at 17:07.

I was thinking who could send Garrett for this mission in Framed and then organize this trap in Ambush! mission. That's my ideas:

1) It could be Ramirez. Already in Thief 1 in Assassins mission he wanted to kill Garrett. He could send through some shady contacts Garrett on this mission. And if he succeeded he would just betray him by sending info to City Watch.

2. It could be Mechanists. We know that Karras wants to kill Garrett and we know that he has strong connections to City Watch. He could give one of the captured people freedom in order to organize this job for Garrett. In slowly getting more and more infested with Mechanists machines Police Station. That could be also test of the machines in the real environment. And if Garrett survive then simply informing Truart about Garrett's location.

In later missions we find out that Karras wants Garrett dead. Then why did he do nothing yet? Or maybe he did it. That way.

Thanks for your idea, we will take it into our detective work in the next episode

This might be an accidental double post, but just finished your Seven Sisters episode where you mention that there are no interviews with Lady Rowena. There is actually at least one, part of Athalle's interview series. Great interview with a great artist:

https://youtu.be/5Lg9bNZdSVE

Quote Originally Posted by Galaer View Post
    I was thinking who could send Garrett for this mission in Framed and then organize this trap in Ambush! mission.
    I doubt the events of "Framed" and "Ambush!" were in any way connected other than happening sequentially. The "mutual friend" who sent someone to contact Garrett in the "Framed" briefing is implied to be Viktoria, considering the correspondences between her and Mosley about getting Hagen out of the picture. Also, the crumpled note in the Crippled Burrick Pub in "Ambush!" mentions Officer Morgan's plan to pay criminals to turn each other in, which implies Sammy's reason for ratting Garrett out to the Watch was to receive such a payment. Furthermore, the officers wanted to kill Garrett in the ambush instead of arrest him, which, as you pointed out, is because Karras hired Truart to have Garrett killed. It's also worth noting that we aren't given any indication of how much time passes between the two missions. It could've been days or even weeks.

Thank you! that was very enlightening, didn't recognize the note or didn't make the obvious connection to the ambush....good job

Quote Originally Posted by Moonbo View Post
    This might be an accidental double post, but just finished your Seven Sisters episode where you mention that there are no interviews with Lady Rowena. There is actually at least one, part of Athalle's interview series. Great interview with a great artist:

https://youtu.be/5Lg9bNZdSVE
    ah great, thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Grandmauden View Post
    I doubt the events of "Framed" and "Ambush!" were in any way connected other than happening sequentially. The "mutual friend" who sent someone to contact Garrett in the "Framed" briefing is implied to be Viktoria, considering the correspondences between her and Mosley about getting Hagen out of the picture. Also, the crumpled note in the Crippled Burrick Pub in "Ambush!" mentions Officer Morgan's plan to pay criminals to turn each other in, which implies Sammy's reason for ratting Garrett out to the Watch was to receive such a payment. Furthermore, the officers wanted to kill Garrett in the ambush instead of arrest him, which, as you pointed out, is because Karras hired Truart to have Garrett killed. It's also worth noting that we aren't given any indication of how much time passes between the two missions. It could've been days or even weeks.
    Well, before podcast I thought the same way. But now that I think more about it, I think it's actually Mechanists are all behind this. Not only that, I believe that both Framed and Ambush! missions happened the same night. The only evidence for that is purse in Garrett's house (the very same amount like after Framed). That means Garrett had no time for shopping or paying his rent yet.

I think it happened that way. Garrett goes to Shoalsgate on 6 or 7 pm. Framing Hagen take him roughly 1 hour. Then he returns home to hide loot and equipment. And around 9 or 10 pm leaves for meeting at the tavern. Maybe after leaving Shoalsgate he was spied, because City Watch somehow find out where Garrett lives.

So I believe Mechanists has a spy in Shoalsgate. This spy informs about everything what's happening in City Watch. That way Karras would found about Sheriff Truart connection with Madame Volaris. But this can't be used to blackmail Truart. It can be used only to threaten her life and persuade Truart that way to cooperation. I think that Karras think it's weak argument. That's why records Truart's comment to have some solid dirt on him.

But Truart has many enemies. Pagans included. What if somebody kills him? Then his successor will become new sheriff. We have 2 options: Hagen or Mosely.

I think spy could be unsuccessful about finding any dirt on Hagen. His a simply minded guard, a loyal dog of Sheriff Truart. I think it could be the reason to frame him.

On the other hand, Mosely is and may be connected in criminal activity. She cooperates with Pagans and Karras spy could find out about this. He would spy her based on the rumors about her new weird behavior that even Truart noticed. And later he could spy on her contact. That's how Mechanists could find out that Pagans use cemetery as a hideout. And that's why they made an ambush there in Trace the Courier mission.

So Mechanists know that Mosely works for Pagans. Why don't they intervene? Because what's the point to blackmail simple lieutenant. This information will gain more importance in case that Truart die and Mosely will be chosen as a new sheriff. This way they will manage to blackmail her. They will blame the fault for Truart's death on Pagans and Mosely that cooperates with them and instead of continuing her work as a sheriff, she will get executed. This way Mechanists will force her to cooperate with them and betray Pagans.

Quote Originally Posted by Galaer View Post
    Well, before podcast I thought the same way. But now that I think more about it......
    It's a huge compliment that our podcast brings up some discussion and thinking about the plot, makes us a bit proud

to your theory, first I think it's thought well through about why the mechanists behave this way, especially the part about mosly,why they would keep evidence until she would be promoted is and idea I like and that makes sense to me.

But still, to me it doesn't seem very helpful for the question who snitched garret and why....I'd still go with Grandmaudens theory for that for 2. reasons.
    1: Because something in the game was mentioned/put there by the designers that gives a clou and an explanation
    2:as I said in the podcast, I think that the designers didn't think as deep as you for example did now. They needed an excuse....but still I believe they would like your theory and think "damn, why didn't we think that far" on the other hand, since your theory makes so much sense, maybe that was their initial idea, great job
    Last edited by Supremcee; 13th Aug 2019 at 17:47.

New episode! 7 - Ambush!

Thief 2 - Orignial Mission 4: Ambush!

Now the story really starts and gets personal! Thanks to GALAEL for your sherlock holmes like thought on all the connections that lead to this mission. This gave us a good start for a mission that had devided impressions on us.

available on spotify, iTunes and every podcast app or DOWNLOAD it here

Pictures:

The sparkling thing at the market place

The hovering arrow

Hope you taffers enjoy it!

In that first pic, that spot is X: 0 Y: 0 Z: 0 in the mission map. This spot is reserved for things like projectiles for AIs. Usually, you want that spot to have its own room that the player can't go into.

As for the second pic, it may look like there was a quicksave bug. For the most part, that happens when an AI (archers) with an arrow attached to their back gets deleted but the arrow stays there. But since there wasn't an AI that starts there, I'm leaning towards the quicksave bug.

@Supremcee the mission you were referring to in the end is Broken Triad.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast