TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

View Poll Results: What FM should we cover in the near future?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Art of Thievery suggested by Galaer

    3 18.75%
  • Calendras Legacy suggested by punkey brunster

    9 56.25%
  • FMs by AsyluM suggested by Independent Thief

    4 25.00%
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 175 of 280

Thread: ThiefPodcast - New Episode - Art Behind Thief f. Daniel Thron, Dominus&Skacky

  1. #151
    New Member
    Registered: Mar 2020
    I am thoroughly enjoying this podcast series, thank you Supremcee and to everyone else involved.

    I had first played Thief as a boy, and was too scared to continue, and it wasn't until the start of this year when I finished and absolutely fell in love with Thief 1 and 2. Hearing your thoughts and insights behind the design and lore of the missions is fascinating to say the least.

    I was wondering if you would also cover missions from Thief 1? If an entire episode can't be dedicated to one mission, perhaps you could cover missions of similar themes, such as those with Constantine's minions, or the human missions.

  2. #152
    Member
    Registered: Feb 2010
    Location: Switzerland
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Jay View Post
    I am thoroughly enjoying this podcast series, thank you Supremcee and to everyone else involved.

    I had first played Thief as a boy, and was too scared to continue, and it wasn't until the start of this year when I finished and absolutely fell in love with Thief 1 and 2. Hearing your thoughts and insights behind the design and lore of the missions is fascinating to say the least.

    I was wondering if you would also cover missions from Thief 1? If an entire episode can't be dedicated to one mission, perhaps you could cover missions of similar themes, such as those with Constantine's minions, or the human missions.
    Hey, thanks for the nice feedback and welcome to the club One day we will cover T1 ( I won't promise ) but one day that's the idea. But to be honest, we all have private lifes and things change alot at the time so we focus on episodes with guests, as you can imagine, running a mission in detail and do reasearch takes quite some time and as we think that thief fans enjoy the guest episodes the most so that's the target. We would love to keep it like some months ( OM, FM, OM) ago but at the moment it's sadly not possible. Anyways the possible topic you mentioned is one of the many ideas that are already in "the idea cloud" it takes just some time....hope that's good for you.

  3. #153
    Member
    Registered: Feb 2010
    Location: Switzerland

    NEW EPISODE Morbid Curiosity f. Pukey Brunster

    Do you taffers have time? Maybe around 3 hours? Because PUKEY BRUNSTER had and was so nice to spend it with us to talk about her first released FM: MORBID CURIOSITY. Thank you Punkey Broomster :P to share this discussion and giving us so many interesting infos about that outstanding fanmission. Please enjoy Taffers ��

    (we did have some technical issues while recording so a lot had to be cut (no worries, it wasn’t any content just us saying “hello? Can you hear me? Ah okay I reconnect”) so don’t feel irritated if it sometimes feels a bit cut together, I tried my best)

    Available on every Podcast App, Spotify or directly HERE

    Last edited by Supremcee; 19th Apr 2020 at 18:18.

  4. #154
    Member
    Registered: Aug 2003
    Location: Phoenix, AZ, USA, Earth
    Awesome! I will definitely check that out. Love Morbid Curiosity.

  5. #155
    Cheers to corona times! Well, the beer perhaps and not so much the other, but it was a great opportunity to spend time talking to you guys! I had so much fun listening to the finished podcast, and laughed a lot (again) along with the three of you. Thank you so much for having me, and for your insightful questions. I really enjoyed hearing your many thoughts about the mission, and just getting talking to you about Thief in general.

    This is a wonderful series, and I'm really looking forward to the next one

  6. #156
    Member
    Registered: Feb 2010
    Location: Switzerland
    Quote Originally Posted by klatremus View Post
    Awesome! I will definitely check that out. Love Morbid Curiosity.
    We do too, and it's almost as long as one of your episodes

    Quote Originally Posted by pukey brunster View Post
    Cheers to corona times! Well, the beer perhaps and not so much the other, but it was a great opportunity to spend time talking to you guys! I had so much fun listening to the finished podcast, and laughed a lot (again) along with the three of you. Thank you so much for having me, and for your insightful questions. I really enjoyed hearing your many thoughts about the mission, and just getting talking to you about Thief in general.

    This is a wonderful series, and I'm really looking forward to the next one
    Thanks again pukey for joining us, it was very interesting to hear about the creation process in person and it's a pleasure talking to you. Next Stop-->SC-->arrival: unknown

  7. #157
    Member
    Registered: Jan 2011
    Location: Wild and Wooly West of Ireland
    Hurrah for pukey! You ought to have your own podcast, K!
    Well done to you all for some very fine 'Isolation Entertainment'. Beats the crap out of Sir Elton John murdering his own songs on that 'One World:Together At Home' mularkey!

  8. #158
    Member
    Registered: Feb 2010
    Location: Switzerland
    thanks Purgator, but did Elton John bring out a song? xD Or I don't get it

    Edit: I saw it now...disturbing
    Last edited by Supremcee; 20th Apr 2020 at 13:41.

  9. #159
    Member
    Registered: Jan 2011
    Location: Wild and Wooly West of Ireland
    Lots of celebs got together for a stay at home concert on TV, to raise cash for the WHO: One World:Together At Home.
    Sir Elton bashed out one of his hits. I was half expecting someone to chuck a Snickers at him.
    I enjoyed this podcast more!

  10. #160
    Master Builder 2018
    Registered: Jul 2008
    That was great! I listened to the podcast last night (yes, the entire 3 hours, lol) and really enjoyed it.

    Morbid Curiosity is one of my favorite missions of all time, and it was a treat to hear so many details of the mission's history and creation. I also really enjoyed the animated conversation about the mission and its highlights and occasional flaws. I thought the questions and comments were very insightful, and many times one or more of you echoed my own thoughts about the mission exactly! Some highlights include the discussion of the gallery and tour, which were also my favorite parts of the mission (if it's possible to have one favorite part in a mission this exceptional), as well as the discussions about the atmosphere, architecture, texturing and gameplay, all of which were thoughtful and enjoyable.

    Pukey was very forthcoming about all aspects of the mission and its build, and you were all clearly passionate about it. I especially liked how open she was about her experience as a new author, and her experiences and feelings while building this mission. I admit I was surprised to learn that she, as a first time builder, had put so much deliberate thought into every aspect of the mission, from texturing aimed at creating a specific feel, to every aspect of gameplay in an attempt to guide the player's progression in a natural way. To say the least, this is unusual in a first mission and quite impressive.

    This felt less like an interview and more like just a few friends sitting around chatting, and that made for a very enjoyable experience for the listener.

    Thanks guys for another great podcast!

  11. #161
    Member
    Registered: Feb 2010
    Location: Switzerland
    Thank you so much for that detailed and positive feedback Tannar. Considering, that we never had so many technical difficulties before (you can still here me lagging, Karen was gone once) and I had to edit almost 4hours of recording so that it came out as it is now, it really is a relief to see that it was actually worth it. Talking to pukey with her open and honest character was alot of fun and we all agreed that we need to talk about SC one day which also would include you so here's our public invitation to you!

  12. #162
    Quote Originally Posted by Purgator View Post
    Hurrah for pukey! You ought to have your own podcast, K!
    Tbh.. I think you should. Would love some good Irish craic around here. If you ever decide to, would be fun to tag along
    Last edited by pukey brunster; 24th Apr 2020 at 23:12.

  13. #163
    Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Registered: Nov 2001
    Location: France
    Moved to the FM forum since most of the podcasts are interviewing authors about fan missions.

  14. #164
    Member
    Registered: Apr 2006
    Location: France, Paris
    I listened to the podcast while watching a playthrough of the FM

    Suggestion :
    - add all the participants names in video description
    - make a podcast with Firemage, and talk about the technical aspects of the game like nut scripts, osm scripts, dromed tricks, etc...

  15. #165
    Member
    Registered: Feb 2010
    Location: Switzerland
    Thanks for your feedback Apiai hope you liked it. To your suggestions: The names, Since it's in general Me, Nex and Psych0sis I felt like mentioning the guest is important so idk if it's really necessary. FireMage is an interesting suggestion and would be another guest with some special topic. We need to discuss this (participants Alex, Psyh0sis and Nex :P ).

  16. #166
    Member
    Registered: Feb 2010
    Location: Switzerland
    Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    Moved to the FM forum since most of the podcasts are interviewing authors about fan missions.
    Thank you Yandros!

  17. #167
    Member
    Registered: Feb 2010
    Location: Switzerland
    Taffers please help us out a bit, if you could ask Stephen Russell (garretts voice) a question, what would it be? thank you!

  18. #168
    Member
    Registered: Aug 2003
    Location: Phoenix, AZ, USA, Earth
    Don't tease us like this, please!

    But just in case this isn't a hoax, I would ask him if he has ever played through the Thief games. And if so, what does he think is the best game, and why? What does he know about the fan community and fan missions? Has he ever played a fan mission? If so, which one(s)?

  19. #169
    Member
    Registered: Feb 2010
    Location: Switzerland
    Quote Originally Posted by klatremus View Post
    Don't tease us like this, please!

    But just in case this isn't a hoax, I would ask him if he has ever played through the Thief games. And if so, what does he think is the best game, and why? What does he know about the fan community and fan missions? Has he ever played a fan mission? If so, which one(s)?
    I wouldn't do that Brethren made it possible and will do the episode with me and Stephen Russel....normally I don't tease what the next episode will be but since we want some community questions you already know Thanks for your questions....I try to slip them in

  20. #170
    Member
    Registered: May 2005
    How did he become involved with Looking Glass Studios? What was working on the three Thief games and on System Shock 2 like? How does he feel about people still publishing new missions for Thief: The Dark Project and Thief 2: The Metal Age more than 20 years after these games were released? Does he play video games? What other great projects made use of his voice talents? Does he have some interesting stories from his career?

  21. #171
    Member
    Registered: Feb 2010
    Location: Switzerland
    CheCheck

  22. #172
    Member
    Registered: Jan 2011
    Location: Wild and Wooly West of Ireland
    You might ask Stephen if there was a particular radio/tv show or movie that captured his imagination, when he was a child? Following on from that, has he ever paid homage to a favourite actor/character in any of his voice acting roles?
    Extra cheeky question! Does he plan to come back to Ireland once everything gets back to normal? I missed a comedy play that he was part of that played in Cork, 2016. It was The Return Of The Winemaker with Tír Na Theatre.
    Cheers!

  23. #173
    Member
    Registered: Feb 2010
    Location: Switzerland
    Quote Originally Posted by Purgator View Post
    You might ask Stephen if there was a particular radio/tv show or movie that captured his imagination, when he was a child? Following on from that, has he ever paid homage to a favourite actor/character in any of his voice acting roles?
    Extra cheeky question! Does he plan to come back to Ireland once everything gets back to normal? I missed a comedy play that he was part of that played in Cork, 2016. It was The Return Of The Winemaker with Tír Na Theatre.
    Cheers!
    Oh I like those so many questions already.....the thief discord was quite full also and twitter...so yeah we will pick those that we think are the most interesting for the listeners, but yours i really like and the ireland thing let's us seem like we really know whats going on thx

  24. #174
    Member
    Registered: Jan 2011
    Location: Wild and Wooly West of Ireland
    Stephen plays God in that show! He belts out a few tunes on the guitar dressed as Elvis.
    I had planned to get tickets, go back stage to meet the man himself, maybe go for a few pints, grab a veggie kebab, get matching tattoos, make a few crank phone calls as Karras. The usual night out in Cork!

  25. #175
    Member
    Registered: Aug 2003
    Location: Phoenix, AZ, USA, Earth
    You should write him a line and ask if he can do it first as Garrett and then as Karras.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •