TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

View Poll Results: What FM should we cover in the near future?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Art of Thievery suggested by Galaer

3 18.75%
  • Calendras Legacy suggested by punkey brunster

9 56.25%
  • FMs by AsyluM suggested by Independent Thief

4 25.00%
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast

Thread: ThiefPodcast - New Episode - Art Behind Thief f. Daniel Thron, Dominus&Skacky

Quote Originally Posted by klatremus View Post
    You should write him a line and ask if he can do it first as Garrett and then as Karras.

Just for fun ask if he'd do every answer in a different Thief voice, from Garrett to Bennie to soft spoken servant to Karras, etc.!

Quote Originally Posted by uncadonego View Post
    Just for fun ask if he'd do every answer in a different Thief voice, from Garrett to Bennie to soft spoken servant to Karras, etc.!
    we agreed not to make him do that. sorry guys, I know we all would love that but I think it's the same as "hey you are a rapper? so please rap something".

More often than not, in any production, despite writers, directors, etc. when an actor takes a role, they make it their own; sometimes dramatically. I'd ask how or in what ways did Garrett change once Mr. Russell started. i.e. what nuance did he add or what beats did he drop in order to bring Garrett to life? Some things seem so right on the page but once in the studio with all the actors, different things happen.
    With respect to his field of discipline rather than our fandom, I'd ask about those aspects of the experiences.
    And finally, when it came to producing DS, did the new studio impose anything regarding the character development?

The first question I already have as a question, the I will add the DS question, great idea, thank you!

I'd like to ask Stephen if there was an actual character he used or adapted for Karras's voice. We're both boomers and I'm pretty sure when we were kids there was a cartoon character who sounded very much like Karras, just can't recall which one after all these years.

thank you, s.o. already asked similar on twitter, it's noted

Quote Originally Posted by Dahenjo View Post
    I'd like to ask Stephen if there was an actual character he used or adapted for Karras's voice.
    He already spoke about the origins of his Karras voice in this other podcast a few years ago (also discussed here on ttlg).

We have enough questions now...or maybe too many. Thanks to everyone of you for helpin us so fast. We can't take every question I guess but we try to put in as many as possible.
    Last edited by Supremcee; 29th Apr 2020 at 12:42.

Thanks vfig, I thought it was probably asked for earlier interviews & now recall listening to that podcast back then. I still think there was an old cartoon character with a voice similar to Karras though, possibly a non-human & I'm thinking a mopey dog, if I can remember more & track it down will post a clip.

Another suggestion for your futur podcast : discuss about Thief speed running, tricks, glitches, etc... Best player to invite would be Jayrude, nice speedrunner and talented dromeder.

Quote Originally Posted by Apiai View Post
    Another suggestion for your futur podcast : discuss about Thief speed running, tricks, glitches, etc... Best player to invite would be Jayrude, nice speedrunner and talented dromeder.
    thanks but if you listen to episode 3 - you will see magic already happened

Damn are you still that upset I said working with a translator was slightly annoying

now that i think of, maybe we should ask an expert about speed running, great idea what do you think Psych0sis?

I've heard that Jayrude fellow is a really nice and cool guy

he is for sure but we already have a speedrunning episode with Psych0sis for good

Just wanted to admit something...

Hey Everyone!

I've been observing the forum for a long time, but luckily your podcast motivated me to join officially. Thanks for this great content! "Inside at Last" is now something that I listen with great pleasure. I even finished "Between These Dark Walls" and "Endless Rain" thanks to you. Can't wait to start Pukey Brunster's "Morbid Curiosity".

Quote Originally Posted by ajay View Post
    Hey Everyone!

I've been observing the forum for a long time, but luckily your podcast motivated me to join officially. Thanks for this great content! "Inside at Last" is now something that I listen with great pleasure. I even finished "Between These Dark Walls" and "Endless Rain" thanks to you. Can't wait to start Pukey Brunster's "Morbid Curiosity".
    First of all - Welcome to the community, taffer and second - thank you very much, that the podcast made you to register here is a huge compliment. So please feel free to use you new powers and suggest things or discuss with us about the halfinformed opinions we blow out into some hundred )or thousands by now? ) ears

Enjoy the community man!

Thank you for this project. I've been thoroughly enjoying the IAL episodes. Just one question: why not consider uploading the podcasts to sites like acast? Couldn't this make your work more accessible?

Quote Originally Posted by Sperry View Post
    Thank you for this project. I've been thoroughly enjoying the IAL episodes. Just one question: why not consider uploading the podcasts to sites like acast? Couldn't this make your work more accessible?
    Thank you Sperry!

to your question: as far as i can see, acast provides almost (maybe a bit more) then our current provider but also costs more, and considering the size of the thief community and the irregular releases of episodes I don't know if the benefits would be worth it. The episodes are accessible on every podcast app like itunes etc., on spotify and on youtube. So I don't see what else we need. We don't need a blog or website, it would be just another page people can visit but why should they? they use the forums or follow us on twitter/youtube....what would really help if the community (you taffers) help us sharing our content because you guys are directly connected to other thief fans because so far this doesn't happen so much.

14 the Voice f. STEPHEN RUSSELL & BRETHREN

Does this man really need an introduction? We don’t think so. If you are one of the few lost souls who don’t know who STEPHEN RUSSELL is, it’s even more important to get to know him in our newest episode where Stephen – the Voice himself answered our questions about his outstanding work on Thief and his huge portfolio in the games industry. It was a pleasure to talk to you Stephen. Thank you for being so kind to give us some of your time and your very interesting answers.
    This time I was supported by our community member BRETHREN who actually made all of this possible and also joined this episode in person. Thank you for that Mike! It was great to plan, settle, and produce this very special episode with you!

This was like going through hell, we weren't able to connect on Discord for 30mins and I personally already thought that's it. But at the End Stephens commitment and his totally relaxed character made it possible. Of course after a while Stephen couldn't hear Brethren anymore so he is missing for 2/3 of the episode which is sad and not fair to him, since he organized all of this! But let's see the positive thing, it happened and we could finish it. I hope you taffers enjoy the episode! Thanks Brethren!!!!

Last edited by Supremcee; 10th May 2020 at 07:23.

Oh man! Thank you for this!

That was great to listen to! Stephen is truly the man!

This episode was very interesting! Big thanks to organizers/interviewers and of course to Stephen!!

Wonderful!
    It's going to be hard to beat this podcast. Stephen could have come on and read the phone book aloud, and it would still kicked bottom!

Quote Originally Posted by Purgator View Post
    Wonderful!
    It's going to be hard to beat this podcast. Stephen could have come on and read the phone book aloud, and it would still kicked bottom!
    Thank you taffers! And yeah we can basically now end the podcast, we've achieved everything but who knows, maybe some gears in the background are working on other great guests

Master Builder 2018
    This was truly wonderful! What a joy it was to hear Stephen talk about his experiences in voice acting, his work with so many projects, and especially with LGS of course. And especially his humble thoughts about his career as a voice actor, and on fame in general. So relaxed, eloquent and gracious.

Thank you, Brethren and Supremecee for making this happen. What a treat for us long-time taffers!

And Stephen, if you are reading this, thank you for taking the time to talk with us and for sharing your experiences. It was truly lovely to hear! I look forward to your future projects, and good luck in all your endeavors. Stay safe and well.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast