TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

View Poll Results: What FM should we cover in the near future?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Art of Thievery suggested by Galaer

3 18.75%
  • Calendras Legacy suggested by punkey brunster

9 56.25%
  • FMs by AsyluM suggested by Independent Thief

4 25.00%
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread: ThiefPodcast - Daniel Thron / Dominus - Thief Art - Questions?

Thank you Tannar,

at the beginning I was a bit afraid that we will get the answers you can already find on the internet if you're looking for it in other interviews but i think we managed to get some interesting facts that haven't been told before from him.

sadly, I'm sure he is not reading this, but I'm sure that he knows how grateful we all are about his apearance on the podcast. As you can hear, he defenitly knew who his audience will be here and what this means, not only for us but also for him. I had a huge smile on my face the whole time and even forgot my strong smoking habit for the time we recorded I'm glad that you guys are happy with the outcome.

Thank you Supremcee and Brethren for putting this together...this was truly a very special episode. Thank you Stephen for taking the time to give us taffers a "behind the scenes" glimpse of the man who helped create characters who are very near and dear to us all.

Supremcee, you represented this community very well and did us all proud.

Great episode! Now I want to know who in Dishonored they had Stephen Russell voicing before the recast. I'm guessing Daud?

Very nice episode thanks !

And yeah we can basically now end the podcast, we've achieved everything
    In my opinion, last and ultimate podcast would be to interview LGS lead programmer who created dark engine or others LGS team member. Even better would be to interview "Le Corbeau" that gave us NewDark, which I think he's one of the original LGS programmer.

You had Stephen Russell, a.k.a. Garrett.
    Joffery Spaulding, a.k.a. Constantine/Trickster is sadly no longer with us.
    That leaves Terri Brosius, a.k.a. Viktoria. She also designed maps for Thief Gold. Oh, and she had a teeny part in SS2, I believe!

This was a lot of fun. Big thanks to Supremcee for making it all possible. I was a bit disappointed that I wasn't able to participate all the way through, but he (Alex) carried on like a champ and the end result was great, which is all that really matters.

And an even bigger thanks to Stephen, who put up with all of our technical difficulties. I think a lot of people would have walked away or just rescheduled, but he stuck with us. We also had originally decided to keep the podcast to only one hour, but he basically insisted that we finish our list of questions, which is why it went longer. Thanks again Stephen, it was a genuine pleasure to speak with you. Can't wait to see (hear!) you in your future projects.

Quote Originally Posted by Apiai View Post
    In my opinion, last and ultimate podcast would be to interview LGS lead programmer who created dark engine
    Not sure if you've seen this, it goes back a ways, but...

https://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthre...=119319&page=2

Thank YOU mister Brethren!!!you came up with the idea to me, i just provided the medium to realize it! But yeah, after all those bad luck at the start, and after your unwanted "time-out" my nerves where almost exploding and I really fought thanks to the technology i could cut all that out. Cheers taffer and thank you again for pitching the idea and creating the final product.

I was really moved by Stephen's answer at 00:44:55 to the question if he is aware there is still an active fan community for the Thief games:

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Russell
    It is really gratifying to see that the work that we all did 20 years ago is still influental and still beloved by so many people. I don't know if too many other franchises that had this kind of trajectory of starting out in this small way, with a group of enthusiasts and being not commercially successful at all or marginally commercially sucessful, and yet having their work be so influental and so beloved and part of a community that's continued in spite of that lack of early success.

Yes, it was Droopy Dog [48:20] and I'm glad to hear that others have also drawn parallels, it could be that Stephen's friend Ralph was influenced by Droopy. My exposure would've been in the mid to late 1950s as I remember the phrase "Hello, all you happy people" in his opening that the wikipedia piece says was newly added at that time, although he dated back to the early 1940s. He had some fat globules but was a depressed personality without Karras's self-aggrandizing warped ambitions.

Many thanks to all involved, this was the best interview of a few I've heard with Stephen. He was just so approachable & forthcoming about his work overall, and obviously is especially fond of his start at LGS doing Thief. He came from the pre-cyber days and immediately realized the amazing potential the technology brought to be able to portray characters & tell stories, and we are so fortunate he did.

Quote Originally Posted by View Post
    I was really moved by Stephen's answer at 00:44:55 to the question if he is aware there is still an active fan community for the Thief games:

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Russell View Post
    It is really gratifying to see that the work that we all did 20 years ago is still influental and still beloved by so many people. I don't know if too many other franchises that had this kind of trajectory of starting out in this small way, with a group of enthusiasts and being not commercially successful at all or marginally commercially sucessful, and yet having their work be so influental and so beloved and part of a community that's continued in spite of that lack of early success.
    Yep this, and other moments showed his emotional involvement, when he talks about that he wasn't casted as Garrett for Thief2014 you could hear that he's still a bit sad about it, but he accepts how the industry works.

Quote Originally Posted by Dahenjo View Post
    Yes, it was Droopy Dog [48:20] and I'm glad to hear that others have also drawn parallels, it could be that Stephen's friend Ralph was influenced by Droopy. My exposure would've been in the mid to late 1950s as I remember the phrase "Hello, all you happy people" in his opening that the wikipedia piece says was newly added at that time, although he dated back to the early 1940s. He had some fat globules but was a depressed personality without Karras's self-aggrandizing warped ambitions.

Many thanks to all involved, this was the best interview of a few I've heard with Stephen. He was just so approachable & forthcoming about his work overall, and obviously is especially fond of his start at LGS doing Thief. He came from the pre-cyber days and immediately realized the amazing potential the technology brought to be able to portray characters & tell stories, and we are so fortunate he did.
    Thank you very much, this is a huge compliment. Of course we tried to give a good representation of an interview with Stephen, it's great to hear that we maybe could bring something special to the table. It's clear that some questions have been asked in other interviews but often they had a bad sound quality so maybe this is easier to enjoy

Almost overlooked this :O since yesterday (June 8th) we are one year old!!!!!

I still can't believe that we already had so many great guests and missions to talk about. We can promise you that we have some other interesting guests and topics in the pipeline and try to release a bit more in the second half of the year. So what can I say, thank you very much taffers for all the (overall) positive feedback and we hope you einjoy our little part we offer to this great community.

If you guys want to Support a Game from a Taffer - Check Out GLOOMWOOD

available as a DEMO right now

Check out Gloomwood!

Dillon Rogers on Twitter: twitter.com/TafferKing451

The demo is free, by the way.

Thought this was clear since it's a demo

Sadly it's not always the case anymore.

Really? I was aware that Demos arent really a thing anymore but there are demos you have to pay for? Or are we talking about Early Access?

New EPISODE - TMA20AC REVIEW

CONTEST TIME! We share our thoughts and opinions about the Thief 2 – 20th Anniversary Contest and discuss all the missions that were released for that contest. It was a very interesting discussion and it’s the longest episode so far. We are aware that maybe some of our opinions might seem a bit unfair, but please taffers, listen to our explanations. We appreciate every entry of the contest but a contest has to have ratings and individual opinions. Please share your thoughts about the contest with us here!

Available on Spotify, iTunes and every PodcastApp or DIRECTLY HERE

Youtube will be following!

Contest Link on TTLG

Contest Rules on TTLG
    Last edited by Supremcee; 27th Jun 2020 at 18:53.

I made a reference to a wonderful post by Marbleman with regards to Into the Odd and it's story, which you can find here -> https://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthre...=1#post2444836

I really recommend giving this post a solid read as I think it's a fantastic insight and might give clarity to those who perhaps didn't quite understand the story.

Youtube is finally there:

I listened to episode 15 today. It was a nice way to wrap up the TMA20AC. I would have loved to hear more about technical details that only DromEd authors notice. You only briefly talked about these details during the discussion of GORT's submission. Some missions like Show Off you did not seem to remember that well and you did not even talk about the second mission in GORT's submission. The most interesting part of the podcast for me was when you were discussing why Ten Little Taffers is so interesting and what could be improved.

Quote Originally Posted by View Post
    I listened to episode 15 today. It was a nice way to wrap up the TMA20AC. I would have loved to hear more about technical details that only DromEd authors notice. You only briefly talked about these details during the discussion of GORT's submission. Some missions like Show Off you did not seem to remember that well and you did not even talk about the second mission in GORT's submission. The most interesting part of the podcast for me was when you were discussing why Ten Little Taffers is so interesting and what could be improved.
    Thank you! Yep I agree that more technical informations would have been even better but 3,5h was already pretty much and thinking of adding that makes me dizzy....We didn't talk about GORTs mission any further because this was what we saw and our impression of the mission. I don't want to be unfair here but his mission didn't catch us so this is our personal impression and opinion about that one, and that we can't really remember everything about every mission is understandable I guess and also kind of a criteria, if I can remember a mission very detailed after months, it definitly left an impact on me, if I can't remember much, than it maybe failed in that category, at least for me.

And yeah, 10 little taffers - I really really hope for a revisited - much improved rerelease - it has so much potential

It was nice to hear your opinions and how everybody experience things differently. Thanks for the podcast!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Taffer View Post
    It was nice to hear your opinions and how everybody experience things differently. Thanks for the podcast!
    thank you and your welcome! And keep up your work, I'm curious what you will come up with next

Next Step>>> Interviewing the authors of the Top 3 contest missions

Questions about "Feast of Pilgrims?"

Taffers, are there any questions you have to the authors of contest winner: "Feast of Pilgrims"? Any details? General questions to Random_Taffer and Marbleman ?

Last edited by Supremcee; 6th Jul 2020 at 18:24.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast