TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Fan Missions that take place in the Same Location

Fan Missions that take place in the Same Location

Hey there.

So I tried out this fan mission called "A Better Tomorrow", it takes place in the 'Greenbay Quarter', part of The City.
    After I have completed it, I found out there was the same exact mission but played as an average Thief mission, called 'Greenbay'.

So yeah, in short, both these missions, although vastly different, take place in the SAME place, that is Greenbay Quarter.

It was amazing to see how Greenbay was before the outbreak in A Better Tomorrow, there were many differences, but the overlay was the same, if not identical.
    It was great, both missions were fun even if they were taken in familiar places.

So I ask you taffers, do you know any missions that are similar?
    And just so I can kick you all in the taffer; yes, all The City FMs which take place in the same place, The City.

I believe a lot of Cardia's FMs are based on actual places. Also Mission 7 from Patriot is based on place called Le Mont-Saint-Michel.

Quote Originally Posted by Galaer View Post
    I believe a lot of Cardia's FMs are based on actual places. Also Mission 7 from Patriot is based on place called Le Mont-Saint-Michel.
    just "Pereira's mansion", "Ana secret", "Umbelina" and "FTM life".

Southquarter.com/fms
    I think the OP is looking for a a set of 2 or more missions that take place in the same location, fictional or otherwise. It's not about missions that take place in a real, actual location.

I'm sure a lot of FM campaigns have this, but the one that initially comes to mind is mission 1 and 3 of The Black Frog.

i have one "hunting treasure" for T2.

Several missions in DCE. There’s the city hub, which you return to in a few missions, as well as a mansion that you come back to. Nicked’s campaign “memoirs of a dead god” as well—but with a twist

There are also several more if you include OMs. Lord fishkills curse takes place in the same place as LOTP. Haplo released a mission based on the docks area from T3. And T1 and T2 both involve a jaunt in the lost city. (Not to mention undercover/strange bedfellows; the sword/escape. Even assassins and lost city overlap.)

Well, I need to read more carefully posts. I think few missions from Keeper of the Prophecies are being used. Like for example - Enterprise.

Child of Karras ported over the city of Stonebridge from TDS to T2 with the TDS City Project and 2 people used this map as base for their Thief Reloaded 2 contest entries, namely Haplo with Pestis Cruenta and Brethren with Bad Hangover, and if you haven't played Bad Hangover I highly recommend it, even though I personnaly hate zombies it's so over the top it fabulous.

Quote Originally Posted by Brethren View Post
    I think the OP is looking for a a set of 2 or more missions that take place in the same location, fictional or otherwise. It's not about missions that take place in a real, actual location.

I'm sure a lot of FM campaigns have this, but the one that initially comes to mind is mission 1 and 3 of The Black Frog.
    Exactly.

I know The Black Frog, it's a great mission, absolutely. I love how the first mission is just a day-stroll through a city (or town) that Garrett decided to stay in, afterwards it gets invaded by a bunch of beasts, released by that little girl that appears in L'Arsene series, part 2. Can't remember the name of both, but if you know it you know it.

Quote Originally Posted by trefoilknot View Post
    Several missions in DCE. There’s the city hub, which you return to in a few missions, as well as a mansion that you come back to. Nicked’s campaign “memoirs of a dead god” as well—but with a twist

There are also several more if you include OMs. Lord fishkills curse takes place in the same place as LOTP. Haplo released a mission based on the docks area from T3. And T1 and T2 both involve a jaunt in the lost city. (Not to mention undercover/strange bedfellows; the sword/escape. Even assassins and lost city overlap.)
    Yeah, I remember DCE...Great campaign. with a very bad, boring, cliche ending. But the CYBORG WOMAN? That was the creepiest I've seen in Thief yet, I dare argue it beats Eclipsed.
    Never played 'Memoirs of a Dead God', I should.

Quote Originally Posted by Galaer View Post
    Well, I need to read more carefully posts. I think few missions from Keeper of the Prophecies are being used. Like for example - Enterprise.
    I'll check it out, thanks

The first and third missions in the "Breaking the Stone" campaign take place in the same location. Same with "The Mirror of Return."

intruder's "Complicated Cargo" combines most of the OM "Life of the Party" with the map of one of his previous missions, "A Theft in High Towne."

Not to mention T2X, which sees you revisiting the same locations several times during the Sunnyport missions. In fact, almost all of the maps in T2X overlap with another map at some point, even if they're entirely distinct locations otherwise. The only ones that don't are "The Trials that Shape Us," the first part of "Shadowing the Enemy," and "Down Among Dead Men."

Several of my missions used the same place... Jenevere de ja vu, LS1, LS2 part 1, and my upcoming mission which has no title all use the same town called Riverbed.

Also LOTP and Unwelcome Guest were technically the same place.

Master Builder 2018
    The Drymian Codex takes place in the same monastery as The Monastery of St. Fera, though it updates and expands it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tannar View Post
    The Drymian Codex takes place in the same monastery as The Monastery of St. Fera, though it updates and expands it.
    That's incredibly interesting, I really should take a look.

Garrett's Young Years part 2 and 3 take place in the same location:

My FM campaigns Garrett's Young Years XTra, Reunion With Basso
    Want your upcoming FM translated in foreign languages?

Quote Originally Posted by zappen View Post
    Garrett's Young Years part 2 and 3 take place in the same location:
    Your FM I see

Gotta love how even after all these years, people like you still stay with Thief. This FM you made in 2010 and you're still active (I suppose) in the Thief forums.