TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: TG FM - A Night in Old Quarter (2019-07-09)

the moon key is hidden behind a picture of the hammerite priest room.
    the switch for that is under the shelf

was a little hard to find for myself :3

Finished! Thank you for the wonderful mission. Always nice to play in a well done TG city.

Can't start the mission at all, why?

I use Thief 3 FM Selector from the Sneaky Upgrade pack, and it works for all FMs but this one. Each time I try to play this FM, the only thing that happens is opening the main game from the start. Any idea why?

Quote Originally Posted by Mezla View Post
    I use Thief 3 FM Selector from the Sneaky Upgrade pack
    Read the first line and then the third one (just in case) in the first post and stop trolling.

Southquarter.com/fms
    My guess is they're not trolling, just confused. @Mezla, this is a mission for Thief Gold, not Thief Deadly Shadows.

playing on expert I#m looking for the the entry cordoned area . now i'm in the area of the hammeriten church , and i have both keys

Does this fm work with newdarkloader 1.5.8 ? I play in english and the objectives are all empty, I only can see empty chekboxes.
    My FMs\a_night_in_old_quarter\intrface\english and \strings directory seem Ok and I can start the fm.
    I don't think it's an installation problem because other tg1 fms work well, I play with newdark 1.27

Quote Originally Posted by Galaer View Post
    2nd floor Library, on the side of bookcase.
    Maybe I'm in the wrong place ? Is this the area where I found info on Ashfords treasure ?

Quote Originally Posted by JoergA View Post
    Maybe I'm in the wrong place ? Is this the area where I found info on Ashfords treasure ?
    Ok, found it. There is a switch at the bottom of the bookshelf in the middle

Dóttirin klćđist oft móđur möttli
    @pavis: Since you are a (former) DL user, follow the instructions of the Clean up your Files section of the FAQ
    https://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48202

Quote Originally Posted by Unna Oertdottir View Post
    @pavis: Since you are a (former) DL user, follow the instructions of the Clean up your Files section of the FAQ
    https://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48202
    Thank you again for your help Unna, I simply forgot the language french+english trick to add in my install.cfg, like I did for my thief 2 install

Quote Originally Posted by Korthak View Post
    Weird, it should come with the game installation. Try to re-install the game or install TFix 1.27 in your Thief Gold root directory, that should add the file as well.
    I had the same problem with missing scripts. The zip itself does not contain miss16.osm, so I copied it from my Thief Gold installation.

Very well done, Korthak. I enjoyed the mission, amazing but coherent combination of environments ( city, sewers, crypt, old village etc. ). Architecture is well constructed, the overall design invites you to explore.
    Keep up the work, we are waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by radogoal View Post
    playing on expert I#m looking for the the entry cordoned area . now i'm in the area of the hammeriten church , and i have both keys
    Have you found the Old House Key?
    If no, try to explore the sewers thoroughly.
    If yes, look for a locked house near the barricade.

Thanks for this mission! I was a lot of fun, very well designed and I only got stuck the once (that switch in the hammerite's room was maybe a little too well hidden!)

While it may not strictly have been worth it, I'm glad there was some fun stuff in those rooms in the ruined street section after I lugged all those crates up the ladder to climb up!

Korthak:

Congratulations on an excellent mission. Real TG feel, great gameplay/objectives and architecture was very interesting and well done. One of the best missions I have played in a long time. You really captured the old TDP/TG style. Although I don’t think the map was huge, it felt very big to me.

Please make more missions! We always need more TG FM’s. I am building a TG mission but I am a very slow builder.

bbb

Need some help please,where can i find the sun key? i already have the moon key...
    and how do i get up in those buildings in the closed section?the part where the firehaunt is..

Quote Originally Posted by griswold View Post
    Need some help please,where can i find the sun key? i already have the moon key...
    and how do i get up in those buildings in the closed section?the part where the firehaunt is..
    1. Check 2nd floor of mansion. There is purple box on top of one of wardrobes.
    2. Stack crates to climb up there.

Quote Originally Posted by Galaer View Post
    1. Check 2nd floor of mansion. There is purple box on top of one of wardrobes.
    2. Stack crates to climb up there.
    Thanks,i can't believe i've missed that,and for the crates,i was affraid of that

Finished. Very nice mssion. i liked the city, the map and the fact that readables did not contained a lot of pages and historys that are not relate to helping pass the mission.

COngrats and thanks Korthak.

Quote Originally Posted by griswold View Post
    ...and for the crates, i was affraid of that :D:D:D
    Actually You don't need the crates at all :)
    For the Fire Arrow room You need only 2 pieces of broken statue - they are nearby.
    For 2 more buildings You need only one Rope Arrow.

Korthak,

Thanks for this nice mission.

Great old school mission! Makes me feel very nostalgic!

Finished with 3654/4400 loot. Loved this mission, it really nails the classic Dark Project vibe. I hope you will make more for Thief Gold!

Played this last night, you can see the video here:

https://youtu.be/hX1_UCc0Zs8

Cool mission, good atmosphere, especially in the sealed quarter, nice use of fog. My one complaint is that there seemed to be a lot of “fake shadows,” where an area would look dark but when standing in it I would be fully lit. I suspect this may be due to the inner radius not matching the outer radius on your lights. I could be wrong. Otherwise a great map, good architecture, use of ambients, etc - I also liked how the readables were all written in different styles. Overall a great level. Thanks for your hard work.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast