TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Thief Gold and Thief 2 torches don't match the same texture

Thief Gold and Thief 2 torches don't match the same texture

For some reason, I can't seem to get the Thief Gold torch texture to match with the Thief 2 torch texture. Please don't tell me I have to reinstall TFix for Thief Gold. I didn't mess with any of the game files. Here is a picture of what it looks like. One is high resolution and the other is low resolution. I'm using the EP2 texture pack for this.

https://apis.mail.yahoo.com/ws/v3/ma...ils=true&pid=3

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    The EP2 only replaces a few of the T1G assets, and I'm guessing the torches aren't among them.

The two games have vastly different torch models - they even face in opposite directions.

They're not meant to look the same.

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Thanks for clarifying, NV.

Oh ok and also at the time, Thief Gold's torches were meant to be looking low resolution since high resolution wasn't around yet, until Thief 2 came along and improved many texture and graphic improvements including torches. It makes sense now. There's nothing wrong with my game then.

Zombified
    that's not really what's going on, but sure, whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo47 View Post
    that's not really what's going on, but sure, whatever.
    It's really not that noticeable much anyway, the torches in both games may look different in their respective high and low resolutions but the games play well. So, re-installing TFix to match with T2Fix in regards of the torches. I'll wait to do that later, but not now. Looks like I got all the help I can get for now, thanks!

Southquarter.com/fms
    High resolution torches invented in 1999, you heard it here first.

Quote Originally Posted by Brethren View Post
    High resolution torches invented in 1999, you heard it here first.
    I figured out a better solution so both torch textures in Thief Gold and Thief 2 can match with the same high resolution. The answer? NecroAge!

mcmike i laugh every time i see you make a thread, but you better just stop cause it gets worse and worse every time for you

Quote Originally Posted by Psych0sis View Post
    mcmike i laugh every time i see you make a thread, but you better just stop cause it gets worse and worse every time for you
    Alright, thanks for looking out. The small little problems I run into seem to get the best out of me. Don't think I'm misusing the threads for help because I'm not.