TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: New guard(s) voice sets.

New guard(s) voice sets.

Been thinking about creating some new AI voice sets. Mostly thinking guards but wouldn't object to a Hammer or Mech, Mage etc. Just figured guard would be the most useful. These would be full on sets on the order of 500 or so barks maybe more.

So..making a mission? Interested? Yes/No. If Yes, suggestions? Sly stfu!

Thoughts?

Dóttirin klęšist oft móšur möttli
    Yes, of course. The more voice sets, the better. Go for it

That sounds VERY nice

Quote Originally Posted by SlyFoxx View Post
    Been thinking about creating some new AI voice sets. Mostly thinking guards [...] Thoughts?
    We already have VGuard7-9, DarthsLair converted the WAVs from Thief3 some years ago. Alas these voice sets have not been used in FMs very often.
    Yandros did the same with VHammer4-6 in his Hammerite Mission Development Kit, then there is a custom voice set VHammer7 in very bad quality.

So we have ...
    - VGuard7/VCop7/VDrunk7 in EN, DE (Zappenduster) and FR (Frčre Staven),
    - http://spirited-tech.com/thief/wp-co...08/VGuard8.zip in EN and DE (FR same voice as in VG7)
    and
    - VGuard 9 (still only EN).
    BTW VGuard7/VCop7/VDrunk7 and VGuard8/VCop8/VDrunk8 are also equipped with a warning schema like at Bafford's gate.

Then there are ...
    - VHammer4 in EN and DE
    and
    - VHammer5/6/7 still only in EN.

Recently I tested and reworked all these voice sets because they had several mistakes:
    P.e. some WAVs were present but not defined in the schema files. The VGuardX sets based on Thief1 where the guards mutter while chasing the player. Drunk AIs aren't mute anymore being blackjacked or killed ... and so on.

I put the multilingual WAVs in the corresponding language folders, some WAVs which are not voice specific like whistling etc. are in the base folder to save space.

I guess Yandros still didn't rework the schemas in the HMDK and I still didn't upload the other sets (shame on me).
    Last edited by zappenduster; 1st Dec 2019 at 04:35.
    My FM campaigns Garrett's Young Years XTra, Reunion With Basso
    Want your upcoming FM translated in foreign languages?

Of course, my dude! Would love to add SlyGuard to my rotation.

Southquarter.com/fms
    Some new Mechanist sets would be great for the current T2 contest, probably would get used a lot.

The more voices the more it helps to get immersed.

OK OK, I'll sort the files ZIP by ZIP, add schema files and a documentation and load it up to the Thief Object Repository soon. So far I only added the files when someone used the voices AND asked for a translation, but since I corrected and tested the SCH files that would be the best. Gimme a week ...
    Last edited by zappenduster; 1st Dec 2019 at 04:32.

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Thanks zappenduster, yes we definitely need a fully fixed and properly schema'd version of the voices up somewhere for authors to use, which would then be easier for people like SlyFoxx to add new voices onto without causing compatibility issues.

I meanwhile uploaded the voice sets VHammer4, VGuard7/VCop7/VDrunk7 and VGuard8/VCop8/VDrunk8 on the Thief Object Repository, serve yourself.

Last edited by zappenduster; 1st Dec 2019 at 04:32.

VDrunk6

Emancipation is blazing it's trail into the Thief world: We finally have a drunk female guard!

I made an update for the VGuard6/VCop6 voice by loading up a ZIP to the Thief Object Repository. It's the nonverbal voice from Dinksmallwood (Heike) and has been taken from one of Chrisine's FMs.
    I've tested it in a small mission and it seems to work fine.

More infos:

The VDrunk6 custom voice set is a supplementing to the female VGuard6 voice and contains
    • a description (VDrunk6.txt),
    • a modified schema file (schema\sg6.sch) and
    • all necessary WAVs

Suitable for T2 missions (T1/G missions will need all files from the T2 soundpack under \res\snd\guard6 from the T2 file RES/snd.crf in addition).

The drunk guard will chuckle, hiccup or burp while standing around but speak the usual expressions in p.e. fight action or when being knocked out. For some variety the existing VGuard6 section of the schema file has been updated by adding the following WAVs:
    • sg6a0mu4 and sg60103e to alert 0
    • sg60703b to alert 1 (hearing)
    • sg60103a (noticing a doused light)

Have fun!
    Last edited by zappenduster; 1st Dec 2019 at 03:33.

Quote Originally Posted by zappenduster View Post
    Emancipation is blazing it's trail into the Thief world: We finally have a drunk female guard!
    That's awesome!

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Nice work, zappenduster!