TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: T2 FM: Merchant's Manor 06-Sep-19

some areas have dodgy lighting or sound propagation, but it is still a fun little mission.
    I wasn't able to open any of the letter boxes in the tower or near the safe, behind the bookcase - was there a way to?

Is there a possibility to switch oft the monitoring cameras?

Quote Originally Posted by radogoal View Post
    Is there a possibility to switch oft the monitoring cameras?

The only camera to which I haven't found the way to switch off is situated in the "tower".

Quote Originally Posted by MrMunkeepants View Post
    I wasn't able to open any of the letter boxes in the tower or near the safe, behind the bookcase - was there a way to?
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan_Key View Post
    [...]
    But when you play with the french version of Thief 2, the scrolls, books are empty. There's no title in the menu or a short title when saving.
    It's because you made a folder named "English".
    I guess it would be the same for the german version.
    [...]
    Yes, there is indeed the same problem in the German version of the game.

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    It will be the same for any language other than English, because of how the mission was packaged.

Apparently, the outcome of the problem with the "English" folders may vary. I am using a german version of Thief 2, and while there is no title displayed when starting a new game, I can read letters, and savegames have a short title.

However, there are several strange and unusual things. such as two civilians in the kitchen (?) who cry for help if Garrett approaches, but who do not flee (even before I apply the Blackjack).

Furthermore, there are three goal.str files scattered throughout the misson's folders. One would have been enough.

Hi,
    Interesting, if easy little mission.
    Like others, I had no objectives and could not open the pigeon-hole type lockers.
    Also picked up a couple of scrolls I couldn't read. I presume these were the objectives.

What I very much liked was the way you picked a lock, then opened the door in a separate action. Much more realistic and also prevents you getting momentarily wedged if the door opens towards you. I hope more FM makers will adopt this idea.

Hey, I just wanted to say that I really enjoyed this mission. It gave me sort of a nostalgic feeling of playing some of the older missions way back in the early days. Well done, especially for your first one. I thought it played very well and it was designed well too. The only issue I came across were a few areas where some sounds seemed to be missing like lockpicks and footsteps. No big deal though. Well done and keep up the good work!
    Last edited by cavador_8; 12th Jan 2020 at 01:21.

Quote Originally Posted by cavador_8 View Post
    Hey, I just wanted to say that I really enjoyed this mission. It gave me sort of a nostalgic feeling of playing some of the older missions way back in the early days. Well done, especially for your first one. I thought it played very well and it was designed well too. The only issue I came across were a few areas where some sounds seemed to be missing like lockpicks and footsteps. No big deal though. Well done and keep up the good work!
    Glad to hear that!
    Will do better next time!

This was a fun little mission to be sure, liked the layout and multiple options of getting in and out of places. Unlocking a door and opening a door should be the default way it works and the secret (not secret) was a fun find. Also liked that the carpet was more than just a texture and had some thickness to it over the regular floor, good stuff.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12