TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: T1 NewDark Lights - Self Illumination

T1 NewDark Lights - Self Illumination

I am lighting my mission and noticed something odd. When I add lights (for instance Old Elec Wall Light), and I set them to max light and set the radius, it lights the area normally. However, the light is not illuminated. I added the property self illumination and set it to 10, and that did the trick.

Am I missing something obvious, or is this what you have to do for the lights to look correct? Usually with something this basic, I am missing something right in front of me.

Thanks
    bbb

Are you using that object as a switchable light? If not then I would just use the Electric Wall Light. If so then set the lever CD linked to the light as AnimS: On & Joint1AnimS: On.

Thanks

I was using it with a switch.

Thanks John, worked perfectly. Not sure why I did not know this. Did it change with NewDark or am I a space shot?

bbb

No those light objects work as they did before. It took me a while before I realized that the 'old' versions of light objects were simply off.

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    I think the Oldxxxx light archetypes also have a flicker set up by default, don't they? Hence the name "Old".

The 'old' is probably for 'Old Quarter' which is where we first see them. Until that mission I think all electric lights are on permanently (there may be one or two switchable lights in previous missions).

That makes sense Robin. I always wondered why they referred to them as 'old' because the models are the same. Actually I think the old versions inherit the model from their parent.