TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: MOAR News Updates! The Broken Goddess, an upcoming T2 campaign (30 Mar 2021)

Lots of work yet- with lighting especially, but a little preview of Cyric.

This guy and this project are 2 things i really cant wait for!
    If it is just as good as the first part then this will be another yearly supreme FM.

i love how you lit the windows makes it feel so much more alive

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    News Update - 4 Mar 2021

I really like these screenshots of Cyric! Can't wait to play this campaign. Unfortunately I can't be of help, never had success with DromEd and 3D map editing altogether

The screenshots are fabulous!

I'm so thrilled! It's clear you're making a lot of effort into getting Cyric to look as distinct from The City as possible!

Looking great the screenshots on website are awesome!!

When will it be released?
    I'm totally looking forward to this...having sean connery in my head again and again and again

A commercial quality full game pacage made out of pure love for the community. Amazing no matter when it is going to be released.

Realistically, we're still several years off. But we have already added two new members recently, and one of them is already off and running on building one of the missions.

i turn 50 in 2024 i hope i will get to play it on my b-day,also screen shots and concepts are very nice

Wow, didn't know this is in the works, Godbreaker and the 20th anniversary contest Conall mission rank as some of my favorite fan missions (my #1 pick of the contest, pretty close to the Builder's Paradise), glad there is this to look forward to somewhere down the road : )

• There are now new images showing some of the AI and object models our team has been creating, on the Broken Goddess website!
    • We have added several new team members in recent weeks, and now have all members listed on the Team page.

The campaign seems to contain one of my pet peeves in Thief fan missions: the tiresome practice of naming people, places and objects after former Looking Glass personnel (Verilli Ocean, Hrabota Strait). I could do without these references. It’s so overdone. Always takes me out of the game.

This project fills my heart with much joy All the best with it, looking amazing so far.
    Now please hurry up! I cannot wait! Damn it... I have to... Nooooo!

The screenshots look killer! I love how the different cities each have a distinct, but cohesive, vibe.

Quote Originally Posted by View Post
    The campaign seems to contain one of my pet peeves in Thief fan missions: the tiresome practice of naming people, places and objects after former Looking Glass personnel (Verilli Ocean, Hrabota Strait). I could do without these references. It’s so overdone. Always takes me out of the game.
    I think your brain would explode if you were to read a certain ledger in Thieves' Guild...

From the beginning, I decided to use the world map from the community mapping project- including all the names. It just felt right.
    We create this universe as a community and I love that.

Quote Originally Posted by Psych0sis View Post
    I think your brain would explode if you were to read a certain ledger in Thieves' Guild...
    I am fine with it in the OMs. Back then, when we first played the game, we probably didn’t even notice these in-jokes. But the community repeating the same in-jokes for years and years and years is really tiresome, at least to me.

Which in-jokes in the community map project have been repeated for years and years?

I don't understand how referencing (mostly) canonical places/individuals/groups etc. is somehow an in-joke. If the readable most of this comes from was instead filled with other random names would it really make that much of a difference? Would it then be changed from some in-joke? Perhaps every mission saying "lol the rent is due" or taking place in The City (Looking Glass reference?!!?) might be tiresome by now too. God forbid they reference Benny or other characters established in the main game either... Oh my what an overused ploy that would be.

I'm also with RT in that I don't really know where it has been repeated so much throughout the years that it would garner 'tiresome' status.

Someone at Looking Glass inserted the names of their coworkers into the lore. They apparently thought it was funny and shipped the game like that. The community has since kept using these names as if they hadn’t been meant as a one-off joke. In some cases, fan missions added even more of these developer references.

I never thought this was funny. I also don’t buy the “We have to use these names because it is canonical” argument.

Don’t want to derail this thread any further. If we have different opinions on this, fine.

God forbid some people wanting to pay homage to the amazing developers at Looking Glass who gave us so many years of entertainment and enabled the creation of this entire community. That would never do.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast