TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: T2 FM: Nosferatu - Volume 2 - updated to v1.1 (08 Nov, 2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Sensut View Post
    [...] which version of this script module is installed at the player, because there is 2 versions of it just like the gen.osm, convict.osm and any other custom scripts. To avoid the script version problems, I use and include always the proper script modules renamed in the mission zip. This miss12.osm has 2 versions. One is from the bare main game 1.07 and an another in the patched 1.18 game.

The first:

Last Modif. Date : 2000/03/10 15:23:28
    FileSize : 430080 bytes ( 420.000 KB, 0.410 MB )

And the second, that I use:

Last Modif. Date : 2000/03/27 12:04:26
    FileSize : 450048 bytes ( 439.500 KB, 0.429 MB )

What's the difference between them, I don't know, I use it only for one thing, the clock setting. Now I made a test with both versions of miss12.osm and both of them does the job [...]
    The problem is that there is a third version of miss12.osm available. It is installed with at least one of the enhancements the player can select in T2Fix. This version has a file size of about 457 KB, and I think it has a file date of November 17th, 2018. Taffer on TTLG.DE said it was installed with "T2 Multiplayer", but I did not check out which one of the enhancements I installed for testing actually installed that version of miss12.osm. Multiplayer was among the ones I installed, though, so it could very well be the culprit.

This third version of the script is the one that caused the teleporter, and most likely some secrets, to fail when I tried it on my system.

Dóttirin klęšist oft móšur möttli
    That's miss12.osm in "mp.zip" in NewDark 1.27.

Quote Originally Posted by baeuchlein View Post
    The problem is that there is a third version of miss12.osm available. It is installed with at least one of the enhancements the player can select in T2Fix. This version has a file size of about 457 KB, and I think it has a file date of November 17th, 2018. Taffer on TTLG.DE said it was installed with "T2 Multiplayer", but I did not check out which one of the enhancements I installed for testing actually installed that version of miss12.osm. Multiplayer was among the ones I installed, though, so it could very well be the culprit.

This third version of the script is the one that caused the teleporter, and most likely some secrets, to fail when I tried it on my system.
    As Unna said, that's from the multiplayer patch of New Dark 1.27 and is not recommended especially for FMs:

"This is an unofficial patch for Thief II: The Metal Age (T2) which updates the game with multiplayer
    functionality. Consider it to be in beta state. There are various issues and things that don't work,
    and don't expect it to work with all FMs or with Thief 1/Gold. If you're looking for a fully working
    multiplayer experience then this is not for you. Bugs and improvements may or may not be addressed in
    the future."

Don't use it, I take no responsibility for it

Yes, Unna is correct. Despite intentions otherwise, the multiplayer OSMs are not entirely compatible with the singleplayer executable and should, thus, probably not be used when playing certain fan missions. I can probably modify the default multiplayer configuration so that T2Fix users do not have to worry about such issues, but do be aware that this issue affects all users of NewDark multiplayer regardless of their employment of other patches.

This having been said, the changes Sensut has made in the 1.1 release of this mission should be sufficient to bypass this issue while also having multiplayer installed. Do note, however, that the same may not be true of all missions, especially considering that multiplayer is not necessarily in a finished state.

Just finished up both missions. Fun to go back and explore everything and enjoy the new adventure. Especially enjoyed the nod to Fallout!

Now I await patiently for the rest of the story!!! Great job and thank you!!

It is a nice touch to see the little deadend junction littered with roses around a painting with candles, can see who that one is and gotta say still miss her a lot, sweet little touch for those of us who'm hold it dear, thank you for this but forgot if you had it with the original release.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostly View Post
    It is a nice touch to see the little deadend junction littered with roses around a painting with candles, can see who that one is and gotta say still miss her a lot, sweet little touch for those of us who'm hold it dear, thank you for this but forgot if you had it with the original release.
    Yes, the shrine was already there in the first release of "Nosferatu" in 2017.

Quote Originally Posted by Jax64
    Despite intentions otherwise, the multiplayer OSMs are not entirely compatible with the singleplayer executable and should, thus, probably not be used when playing certain fan missions. I can probably modify the default multiplayer configuration so that [...]
    I think it's enough to have multiplayer not checked automatically when T2Fix is started. I don't know whether it is checked or not when firing up T2Fix, so if it's deselected by default, that should be fine for now. Maybe a warning in a readme file or even onscreen while installing T2Fix could also be employed. Something that can be done easily enough and still does the job.

My only gripe with this series was the lack of a map of the castle , I was meandering around trying to find my way for quite a bit, but otherwise this was fantastic, magnificent construction too.
    And great tribute to Lady Rowena

Fantastic missions. Looking forward to the next part

Thanks everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Azaran View Post
    My only gripe with this series was the lack of a map of the castle , I was meandering around trying to find my way for quite a bit, but otherwise this was fantastic, magnificent construction too.
    And great tribute to Lady Rowena
    There will be map at the end, but for now there may be changes in the building.

Beautifully done, as usual, Sensut! I enjoyed revisiting the castle, especially since there was now access to areas we couldn't enter in the first part. I eagerly await Part 3!

Playthroughs of both missions in 4K:

I'm playing the first mission

I've found 10/10 secrets & 6/7 apostle statues, I would dearly appreciate hints on where to look for the last statue

I have 3505 loot & the lady's ashes, I'm guessing the sacred place is back near where the apostle statues go ?

I dealt with the ghost, I haven't got whatshername out of the cell yet as I have a nasty feeling things will happen when I do but I do have the key

Secrets that I remember finding are - Please don't click unless you are stuck or you found them all

rose & statue,moving plate,doll in crib,light in dining room,light in parlour,button in music room,switch in a bedroom,button in throne room,plank under shelving,tile in otherwise empty corridor

The statues were all over the place, I found one in the well & one on a rooftop in the courtyard but no idea where I found the others now

Any help finding the last statue would be appreciated

And I have to say this castle is absolutely beautiful

--EDIT--

Found a missing secret minutes after posting, edited post to reflect this
    Last edited by Esme; 5th Dec 2019 at 14:20.

Quote Originally Posted by Esme View Post
    I'm playing the first mission

... I would dearly appreciate hints on where to look for the last statue

I have 3505 loot & the lady's ashes, I'm guessing the sacred place is back near where the apostle statues go ?
    HUGE ENORMOUS SPOILER!!!:
    See 'Mission 1 Guide' in OP.

Yup, both the ashes & statuettes are done together at the sacred place after leaving castle, and I recommend don't open her cell until you're all ready to go, but it's really more dramatic than bad. Best I could do was 3950/4500 loot, couldn't find a loot list.

Quote Originally Posted by Dahenjo View Post
    HUGE ENORMOUS SPOILER!!!:
    See 'Mission 1 Guide' in OP....
    Doh!, Can't believe I missed that, thank you

... hmm looks like I missed the one in the moat

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234