TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: NEW T2 FM: The Sister (October 31, 2019)

I'm chasing secrets.

I found the literal easter-egg up high referred to earlier in this thread that gives you a bonus objective but does not count as a secret, and I found a secret behind a ton of boxes in a storage room soon after you enter the castle. Where is the 2nd secret?

Thanks! Great mission!

- prjames

Quote Originally Posted by prjames View Post
    I'm chasing secrets.

I found the literal easter-egg up high referred to earlier in this thread that gives you a bonus objective but does not count as a secret, and I found a secret behind a ton of boxes in a storage room soon after you enter the castle. Where is the 2nd secret?

Thanks! Great mission!

- prjames
    Thanks. Look for a switch in the owner part. Behind a cabinet.

Thank you all for the credits.
    I have done my FMs because i think it's fun. I appreciate constructive critics, but it's not so fun to read that it's totally waste of time. That my FMs have no purpose. I read the comments in this thread, i wish i hadn't.
    So, we'll see, maybe this is my last FM. It seems they are not so popular anyway. I think i'll try another hobby

Quote Originally Posted by Beltzer View Post
    maybe this is my last FM. It seems they are not so popular anyway. I think i'll try another hobby
    Don’t you dare find another hobby.

Take no notice of those comments over at RPG Codex, they do not represent the opinion of most thief players, they are only the comments of a few players who seem to enjoy attacking authors who do not regularly post at RPG Codex. Granted some criticisms on that forum are fair and reasonable, the puzzle to get to the wand is convoluted and I for one have yet to solve it, but as usual the overall tone of those reviews are way beyond reasonable criticism, especially from those who have never made a fan mission, however if you were a regular poster on RPG Codex I suspect your mission would have received glowing praise, as is the case with other missions made by the ‘Friends of RPG Codex’.

Overall my opinion is that The Sister is a stunningly good looking mission, yes of course that’s subjective, but you have always made puzzler missions and as time has gone by your puzzles have become more obscure, and yes some people don’t like such obscure puzzles, but that does nor distract from the fact this is without doubt the very best FM you have made, tough in places yes, but if all missions were simplistic, follow basic rules with easy solutions to hand then this community would be definitively the poorer, with a lot fewer missions to play.

So carry on Mr B, your very much appreciated and we look forward to your next FM.

PS. Next time don’t read any comments on RPG Codex, it won’t do you any favours.

I think I've explored the unsealed areas, and I have quite an inventory now
    statues: dirty, white, yellow, right hand
    books: blue, red
    mirrors: blank, cracked, shell
    painting: red, black

I need a few hints for what to do next. Where do I put these things? What was in the little girl's journal about the teddy bear?

Quote Originally Posted by MrMunkeepants View Post
    I think I've explored the unsealed areas, and I have quite an inventory now
    statues: dirty, white, yellow, right hand
    books: blue, red
    mirrors: blank, cracked, shell
    painting: red, black

I need a few hints for what to do next. Where do I put these things? What was in the little girl's journal about the teddy bear?
    Don't know about the teddy bear.

Your next goal is to get the tower key which I believe is in the safe. Safe key is in the owner's section, above a bed.

Once in the tower, go to the third floor. There's a frobbable plinth waiting for the statue, a "in box" on the desk waiting for the book, a hook above the desk waiting for the painting, and another hook opposite the desk waiting for a mirror. Try different combinations until you're successful.

- prjames

Hi Patrick im loving playing this mission, still trying to find the right items for the tower puzzle, are you planning to update this mission?If so you could set 1.00 alpha transparency to those wall bushes in the garden labyrinth to fix the transparent render issue. if there's a update to come i can send you a pm with suggestions for new fixes and changes.
    And don't mind the negative critiques, we can't please everyone, you are a high quality author and this mission is a prove of it. You're style is getting much better as you continue making missions.

resuming game...

Beltzer: This one very fine mission you have made for us to explore!!!! It reminds me of the Rose Cottage very creepy and enjoyable with Great puzzles to solve.
    Thank you for this GREAT MISSION!!
    pwl

P.S. Please make more missions You have a great talent.
    Last edited by pwl; 1st Nov 2019 at 20:47.

Quote Originally Posted by fortuni View Post
    if you were a regular poster on RPG Codex I suspect your mission would have received glowing praise, as is the case with other missions made by the ‘Friends of RPG Codex’.
    Yeah, that is especially true for Yandros and his Death's Cold Embrace campaign. Next time maybe don't talk about stuff you clearly don't understand.

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    What Max is trying to say is that there was plenty of criticisms of DCE (and my other missions) over there, and I just ignored the ones which were hateful or non-constructive. I don't know of any authors who are "Friends of RPG Codex" who get a pass on criticism or even obviously trolling and hateful posts over there. In fact when I announced The Broken Goddess recently, someone over there posted "Too bad that the Broken Goddess campaign is being led by Yandros, his maps are almost always shit. It's going to be vaporware anyway, they don't even have screenshots." I laughed at that and moved on with my day.

With all that being said, I'd like the conversation here to get back on topic to Beltzer's new mission. And I will join the others in saying that it would be a shame for you to stop making missions just because of something posted by a hateful shithead on the Codex.

Beltzer, the thing to remember is that any criticism in this respect is purely subjective. You won't please all of the people all of the time. If you can approach your work with a degree of honesty and produce what you feel is a worthy offering, then you're golden. If someone calls your work shit then know that it is purely for effect, and they're playing to an audience. Honest criticism will manifest itself in a very different way, in a way you can clearly recognise and perhaps learn from. Honest criticism will always have your best interest at heart, shite talk is just that, shite. Keep doing what you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Beltzer View Post
    I have done my FMs because i think it's fun. I appreciate constructive critics, but it's not so fun to read that it's totally waste of time. That my FMs have no purpose. I read the comments in this thread, i wish i hadn't.
    So, we'll see, maybe this is my last FM. It seems they are not so popular anyway. I think i'll try another hobby
    Please don't put much into that thread. They're ripping on authors like Yandros, too; they clearly have no taste.

I quite enjoyed The Sister, for what it's worth.

OK, thank you all fore the encouraging words. It make me feel a little better. As i said, i just doing it for fun. I doing FMs, i would like to play. My preferences. I think it's hard to make games that suits all people. I don't do FMs that's much like the original games. I wish i could. Cannot understand why people must write evil things. I would never do that. If you don't like something, fine, let me know that. But why not on a constructive way?

fortuni: Thanks to you. Maybe i continue, i haven't a clue what to do next. But i'm sure it comes to me. And you are right, i think i skip reading on that site anymore. But, the guy who use to write "reviews", did that on The Sister too. What can i say, somewhere in there i could read something good, for him at least

Pedro: Yeah maybe i do. We'll see if there is some more "bugs". I'll let you know I tried fiddle with those hedges, did not get it to work. You are right, we cannot please everyone.

pwl: Thanks to you too. Not bad that my mission gets compared with Rose Cottage That game is so stunning, good looking.

Yandros: Even you? Did not know that they dragged your games in the mud too. I got the feeling that your games are one of the more popular ones. In this forum anyway, i haven't read the whole thread over at the "other" forum. Thanks, i'll continue if i get any new ideas

Purgator: I listen to your words. And that's right, constructive criticism is good. I'll listen to that, off course. One of them over there, talked about my AI's, that they where static, just stood there, so he quit playing it. Because it was boring. Is it so hard to say that in a more nice way? I would never write such things about his games. We can think a lot about FMs, but must we write them in an evil way?

Kerrle: You are right, i won't listen to them anymore. Thanks for the kind words.

so now i'm looking for the magic wand and the key for the safe?

We start with the safe. Look around on the owner floor, little more exactly, the room where you gets to after climbing a ladder.

I have two books : green and red . where is the blue book ?

Quote Originally Posted by carlos schmidt View Post
    I have two books : green and red . where is the blue book ?
    It's up in the owner floor.

Quote Originally Posted by prjames View Post
    Don't know about the teddy bear.

Your next goal is to get the tower key which I believe is in the safe. Safe key is in the owner's section, above a bed.

Once in the tower, go to the third floor. There's a frobbable plinth waiting for the statue, a "in box" on the desk waiting for the book, a hook above the desk waiting for the painting, and another hook opposite the desk waiting for a mirror. Try different combinations until you're successful.

- prjames
    where can i get this book for the inbox. i have no book till yet, how many books do i need?

The books can be found on various shelves in the castle.
    Last edited by Garrett TMT; 2nd Nov 2019 at 06:54.

Quote Originally Posted by radogoal View Post
    where can i get this book for the inbox. i have no book till yet, how many books do i need?
    You just need one of the books. look in the lower floors in that tower, which color the book have, that you need to place.

Garrett TMT: Look more in the children's room It's not a real cemetery.

i had the red book the yellow sister the paint and the broken mirror, but independently of the sequence nothing happens

Quote Originally Posted by radogoal View Post
    i had the red book the yellow sister the paint and the broken mirror, but independently of the sequence nothing happens
    Some of the objects are wrong. You have to find the right ones. Look in the lower rooms in the tower, then you can see what objects you need.

I got the white figure but without success what Else is necessary ?.

Thank you for the hints here, I was able to finish the mission... not easily, because the sealed area is quite difficult, but difficult in a different way
    The new night king enemy was quite startling, I wish there was a way to defeat him but discretion is the better part of valor sometimes.

Beltzer, thank you for the time and energy you put into making things to share with us - it is appreciated!

Thanks for releasing this pretty and scary fan mission. I enjoyed it. I especially liked the riddle needed to get the magic wand and the following climax in sealed-off wing. The missions storytelling was very well executed. The overall athmosphere inside the castle did well at delivering a good uneasy feeling. Pretty good for a horror-themed mission.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast