TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Cryptic Realms: Pitch Black or Color? Which is better?

Cryptic Realms: Pitch Black or Color? Which is better?

Which is the superior experience?

B&W of course The B&W version was made in Old Dark, the colored already in New Dark. Otherwise the colored Cryptic Realms was the first released FM with New Dark in 2012.
    Last edited by Sensut; 9th Nov 2019 at 02:11.

I only played black and white version and I had annoying problem figuring out what is what. Wished to have this mission in color and just after beating it I realized that this version existed. I wish to know about it earlier.

Well that's one vote for each. LOL
    And it's super complicated because I don't know wether the vote of the fan mission's author should count for more or less than the vote of a "civilian"

What kind of problems did you have figuring out what is what in the black and white version, Galaer?

Well, I had a problem of figuring out the paths. Sometimes just after trying to jump somewhere I could notice it was possible. Spotting loot was also hard. Gems from mummies are barely visible. And overall I prefer color over white and black, because I'm not a fan of this kind of aesthetics.

I preferred the colour version

Holy crap, that was the best! I'm bummed I missed out on this mission for so long. I think it might be on my favorites list now.
    I played the color version, and cleaned the place out on Lethal. Found everything. I didn't know exactly what I was in for when I started. I knew I was going into a tomb, but I didn't know how combat focused it was, which actually pleased me. I had been looking for/craving something a little combat friendly for a while, and just stumbled into this. I had no idea the sword was holy until I bonked a zombie on the back of the head, and then I was like "Oh.... OHHHH.... I think I love this!"

Great job Sensut. A+

So now you just need to replay it in black and white version to maximize your experience.

I.....
    Might just do that.