TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Thief 3 ESRGAN Attemt

There are textures in game files, which I can further improve in editor combining them with KeeperElder and KeeperScribe.
    KeeperStatue_H_D
    KeeperStatue_L_D
    KeeperStatue_U_D

But they are not used in materials file. So I suggest they are not used ingame?

Caduca_F_2/Caduca_F_N2 used in material file in material Caduca_F_D_M_Robe but is not present in game files at all. Should I replace it with Caduca_F_D/Caduca_F_N?
    Last edited by Akven; 10th Feb 2020 at 03:36.

Sneaky Upgrader
    Quote Originally Posted by Akven View Post
    But they are not used in materials file. So I suggest they are not used ingame?
    Apparently not. They could possibly have been used in FMs

Caduca_F_2/Caduca_F_N2 used in material file in material Caduca_F_D_M_Robe but is not present in game files at all. Should I replace it with Caduca_F_D/Caduca_F_N?
    If the current textures are missing, then that material probably hasn't been used anywhere. So probably not worth the bother.

I've seen your letter. Continuing to upscale textures
    Most of them are done, so now it's polishing and improving and creating normals.

Only 126 textures left to upscale

Work is in progress
    https://imgsli.com/MTIyNzY
    Upscaled all the textures including HUD and objects (check the club in hands and light detection gem)
    Also fixed all the materials and added new normal maps. Fixed material is seen on the face. Previously I think face hadn't any normal map attached at all and was just flat.

New added normal maps seen on the door behind the bars, it is not flat now
    Also reflections added on the metal bars
    https://imgsli.com/MTIyNzc
    https://imgsli.com/MTIyNzc/2/3

I don't see any difference in Emissive maps added, maybe will remove them

Global Test. 99% is ready. Not everything is perfect, but this is a long process of polishin
    https://mega.nz/#!ZttH2aaR!uCJCkRDAZ...eALyyIIlWymM50
    I put files in this folders:

Content of the MatLib folder to
    c:\ProgramData\Thief 3 Sneaky Upgrade\Installed Mods\Collective Texture Pack\Textures\Content\T3\MatLib\DynamicallyLoaded\

Content of the Textures folder to
    c:\ProgramData\Thief 3 Sneaky Upgrade\Installed Mods\Collective Texture Pack\Textures\Content\T3\PCTextures\DynamicallyLoaded\

Content of the Menu folder
    c:\ProgramData\Thief 3 Sneaky Upgrade\Installed Mods\Collective Texture Pack\Menu & Loading Screens\Content\T3\PCTextures\DynamicallyLoaded\

You could use any folder in Sneaky Upgrade, I just used this ones

Feel free to contribute bugs, impressions and screenshots of the most changed places
    =============
    Known Issues:
    For some reason on my computer menu hangs when I go to the options and scroll down to audio settings.
    And loading times are much slower
    Last edited by Akven; 18th Feb 2020 at 14:50.

Global Test. 99% is ready. Not everything is perfect, but this is a long process of polishin
    https://mega.nz/#!ZttH2aaR!uCJCkRDAZ...eALyyIIlWymM50
    I put files in this folders:

Content of the MatLib folder to
    c:\ProgramData\Thief 3 Sneaky Upgrade\Installed Mods\Collective Texture Pack\Textures\Content\T3\MatLib\DynamicallyLoaded\

Content of the Textures folder to
    c:\ProgramData\Thief 3 Sneaky Upgrade\Installed Mods\Collective Texture Pack\Textures\Content\T3\PCTextures\DynamicallyLoaded\

Content of the Menu folder
    c:\ProgramData\Thief 3 Sneaky Upgrade\Installed Mods\Collective Texture Pack\Menu & Loading Screens\Content\T3\PCTextures\DynamicallyLoaded\

You could use any folder in Sneaky Upgrade, I just used this ones

Feel free to contribute bugs, impressions and screenshots of the most changed places
    =============
    Known Issues:
    For some reason on my computer menu hangs when I go to the options and scroll down to audio settings.
    So, we are to create the new folders? I.E. my install currently has:

c:\ProgramData\Thief 3 Sneaky Upgrade\Installed Mods\Collective Texture Pack\Textures\Content\T3\PCTextures

but not T3\MatLib\DynamicallyLoaded\

Yes, for MatLib you need to create new folders inside c:\ProgramData\Thief 3 Sneaky Upgrade\Installed Mods\Collective Texture Pack\

Sneaky Upgrader
    This is because of the EAX logo (META_EAXlogo.dds) used in one of the lines. Apparently it can't be upscaled. I suggest getting rid of it instead - can be done by making a file, T3\Books\EAX_Screens_diff.sch, with this content:

Code:
    VERSION 2.0
    TextEntry
    T_OptionsScreenUseEAX
    lang_english 2004-03-17 08:51:06 "EAX Advanced HD"
    lang_french 2004-03-22 09:40:51 "HD Avancée EAX"
    lang_german 2004-03-20 17:14:06 "EAX Advanced HD"
    lang_italian 2004-03-26 05:28:46 "HD avanzato EAX"
    Yes, that is a bit of an issue.

That's a shame. I especially restored EAX logo texture by hand))
    It's easier just to delete this file, no big deal.

Any other issues? I already reedited mlb file, deleted a lot of duplicates and tweaked Caduca materials (replaced default Keeper textures with Caduca textures and recombined normal maps).

Is there is visible deference between original and upscaled textures?
    I'll tweak some textures with reducing normal maps resolution to the same size as diffuse maps.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234