TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

View Poll Results: How would you rate NuThief?

Voters
120. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10 - Masterpiece

2 1.67%
  • 9 - Amazing

4 3.33%
  • 8 - Great

8 6.67%
  • 7 - Good

15 12.50%
  • 6 - Okay

16 13.33%
  • 5 - Mediocre

25 20.83%
  • 4 - Bad

17 14.17%
  • 3 - Awful

10 8.33%
  • 2 - Painful

9 7.50%
  • 1 - Disaster

14 11.67%
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: How would you rate NuThief?

How would you rate NuThief?

How would you rate NuThief?...

Update:

With 50 votes...the average user score is 4.9

With 100 votes...the average user score is 4.79
    Last edited by Vae; 12th Jun 2016 at 17:16. Reason: Update

Moderator and Priest
    5, but that's only because I haven't played it yet. I could end up giving it a 3 or a 7 when I do.

ZylonBane
    Angrily.

I'm voting it as "Good".

True, storyline sucks and many good things are gone forever, however, I loved some of the missions - the Foundry, the brothel and the mansion of the Baron.

My vote goes to 8 - Great. I had tons of fun with it, despite its flaws.
    Last edited by Another_Taffer; 9th Jun 2014 at 10:28.

I gave it a 6 - it had a few moments, but it was mostly forgettable.

Quote Originally Posted by Brethren View Post
    I gave it a 6 - it had a few moments, but it was mostly forgettable.
    Same for me. In my opinion it's a solid game, but nothing more.

5 here. It was an okay game, but a horrible Thief game.

5.5/10 and Deadly Shadows was 6.5 while Dark Project/Gold and Metal Age 9 both. Main problems in new Thief are broken story writing and loss of original magic in ambience

5. I could not play it without this irresistible feeling of regret and constant thoughts about missed opportunities.

And I believe most of fellow DromEders would create much better levels/missions than EM team.

NuThief takes everything that was great about Dark Project, a true classic in its own right, and either diminished it, mocked it, or outright pissed it away. Considering the scope of what LGS crafted and built into Dark Project, I would say that this NuThief game is an unmitigated disaster, and as predicted it drags the series down into the bog of mediocre gaming detritus.

4 - Bad -- it's just such a bland uninspired game consisting of open world gameplay that has you break into the empty apartments of poor people and being funneled through linear levels punctuated with cutscenes and action sequences in the main missions. The darker and edgier characters and the grimdark setting turned out to be predictably boring and the story was an incoherent badly written mess.

If it weren't for the bugs, graphical glitches, broken audio and boring AI, I'd rate it as 5 - Mediocre.
    If it weren't for the side missions raising the bar of the overall experience, I'd rate it as 3 - Awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldmoon Dawn View Post
    I would say that this NuThief game is an unmitigated disaster
    I realize that at this point even if you did end up playing the game, your opinion wouldn't change, but it's still silly of you to keep saying things like this without having played it. It's not an unmitigated disaster. It's mediocre for the majority with outliers in either direction.

I didn't vote in the poll, but I'd give it a 7 or so because the gameplay was engaging enough to outweigh a lot of the problems for me.

Unlike the bulk of voters here, I most certainly represent the measuring of NuThief 'gainst the mighty classics that birthed Thief: The Dark Project, again, a classic in its own right. When it comes to the best of classic gaming, NuThief still hasnt passed the test. And from the standpoint of what gaming used to be, this game is a disaster. It abandoned everything that made Dark Project the classic it is. The end.

Moderator and Priest
    I am the vanguard of a bunch of videogames I played and enjoyed as a kid. Shadowgate, Zelda, Crystalis, and Ninja Gaiden are among the greatest games ever made, and I will compare them against anything that's come out since. At any given moment, I'll try to cram them into roughly 96% of the conversations I have on the internet.

Don't understand? That's alright. I beat Ninja Gaiden. You haven't. I don't expect you to understand.

When it comes to the best of classic gaming, NuThief still hasnt passed the test. And from the standpoint of what gaming used to be, this game is a disaster.
    Man, do you even realize how crazy you sound? Even if you had played the game, this statement would be delusional. Without having played it, it's just stupidity and ignorance.

Blah blebby, dibbidy-babaku
    Man, do you even realize how many times youve said that same boring thing to me? Take some of Subbys advice... let it go.

Its not my fault that you are an uneducated gamer. You have had plenty of time to do your homework.

Now, begone, lest I blast thee to ash and scatter thee to the winds.

Moderator and Priest
    As the torchbearer of such classics as Ninja Gaiden and Contra, I think you're woefully ignorant of the TRUE history of computerized entertainment.

Admit it, you don't know what you're talking about. You don't. You don't. You don't. Cuz your big dumb head is full of nonsense due to you not having played any of my favorite stuff. And that's why you don't understand the TRUTH OF VIDEOGAMES!

I WIN THE ARGUMENT FOREVER!

Man, do you even realize how many times youve said that same boring thing to me?
    Well, if you keep spouting the same old stupid shit day after day, I'm going to have to keep calling you out on it.

Take some of Subbys advice... let it go.
    You first. Do you realize how many times you've said the same old boring shit about the same old crpgs, over and over and over and over and over again?

Find an audience who gives a damn.

It abandoned everything that made Dark Project the classic it is. The end.
    No. It abandoned some of what made the Dark Project a classic, kept some of it, and added some things of its own. Of course, you'd know this if you played it.

same old stupid shit same old boring shit over and over and over and over and over again?
    This has less to do with gaining acceptance from people on the internet, and more to do with if you dont like what people are saying, then learn to ignore it. That is what moderation is continuing to tell me at any rate. I would assume that the same applies to even you, Brother Brethren.

I'd play Ninja Gaiden or Contra over NuThief.

Master Builder 2018
    Surely it's possible to discuss (and disagree) without personal attacks. So let's try to keep things on topic, shall we?

Still Subjective
    This thread was created with the sole intention of dissing Thief. Bear that in mind before you read any of it.
    Telepathy is not mind reading. It is the direct linking... ...of nervous systems... ...separated by space.

I'd like to officially throw down the gauntlet in a classic CRPG dickwaving competition vs NutjobDawn. I would be highly surprised if he's played anywhere near half of the CRPG's I've played in my lifetime, and I pretty much skipped over the entirety of the mid 90's due to sex.

Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast