TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: How to Launch T2X Via T2 Launcher?

How to Launch T2X Via T2 Launcher?

I remember there used to be a way to load fan missions and then just launch the T2 exe to play them, completely bypassing the need to run the fm launcher every time. I need to be able to do this to use a controller configured via steam.

Seems like Darkloader works the way I want loading the files directly into the game folder, but it really doesn't like Thief2xhdmod. I converted the latest 1.2 version to a zip for use with Darkloader and all it does is throw up errors about out of range progress bars and missing lgvid encoders.

Zombified
    set your T2x install up as a standalone FM (basically, make it FMsel ready), and load it as an ubermod (set the path to the T2x compilation in cam_mod.ini as an ubermod path), that should accomplish what you want.

I'll pretend I didn't see the second post.

Think I figured it out using the cam mod file to configure fmsel.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo47 View Post
    set your T2x install up as a standalone FM (basically, make it FMsel ready), and load it as an ubermod (set the path to the T2x compilation in cam_mod.ini as an ubermod path), that should accomplish what you want.

I'll pretend I didn't see the second post.
    Looks like I can just use the line in cam mod that automatically loads a defined fm? Yeah I know Darkloader old... It's been a long time since I've played any fan missions. My Thief2x install is already a standalone fm, it's the HDmod release.

Zombified
    an ubermod is basically "I want this to load with maximum priority, overriding anything else, and I know what I'm doing". it can be a set of textures, models, or any other resource - even a fan mission. useful for testing and special case scenarios - your situation would qualify.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo47 View Post
    an ubermod is basically "I want this to load with maximum priority, overriding anything else, and I know what I'm doing". it can be a set of textures, models, or any other resource - even a fan mission. useful for testing and special case scenarios - your situation would qualify.
    Fair enough, but literally the second line in cammod.ini is:
    ; start game with FM (the name is the FM's directory name, located in the FM path)
    fm T2XHD

So I just used that and it works fine.

Zombified
    ah, forgot about that one. anyway yeah, both will work.

just no oldloaders, would you kindly.