TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Curse of the Ancients - 20 years!

Curse of the Ancients - 20 years!

This time 20 years ago I was finishing Talisman of the Keepers but i'm sure I was working on some idea's for a haunted mission that became COTA.

I played through it recently again and couldn't complete it, had to look up a walkthrough. Very proud of it.

Unfortunately, the follow up to this, Dark Hammer, was never released or even finished due to my PC crashing and wiping my hard drive. I couldn't face starting again and had worked on a lot of textures, scripts, sounds etc.

It would have been much bigger with more haunted scenes, with the 2nd half of the mission based in the Lost City where the Order of the Dark Hammer once ruled. I was really enjoying it at the time.

Anyway, i'm back playing Thief. One of the few games I really loved.

Thanks everyone for playing and for all the comments & messages over the years.

Thanks for a Great Mission

Kosmala:

Great to see you back on the forum.

Curse of the Ancients is one of my favorite missions of all time. Great gameplay and very interesting objectives. Glad to see you are playing Thief again.

Even though the fan missions get better each year, we can always use more great missions from great authors (hint, hint).

I am working on a TG mission that will hopefully get released in the next 6 months.

bbb

Master Builder 2018
    Welcome back!

It's great to see you back and playing Thief again after all these years. You have a lot of catching up to do! There is a veritable gold mine of missions waiting for you to play.

Any chance you'd be interested in making more missions? There have been a lot of changes in the last decade, and Dromed is easier to use these days with the many improvements.

I played Curse of the Ancients for the first time in 2019. I remember the beginning in which you turn a corner only to see an undead with all skin stripped from its face staring down at you from a second story window. That was effectively creepy.

Thanks guys.

Quote Originally Posted by bbb View Post
    Even though the fan missions get better each year, we can always use more great missions from great authors (hint, hint).

I am working on a TG mission that will hopefully get released in the next 6 months.
    bbb

I would love to go back and attempt Dark Hammer again, will need to have a look at Dromed. Might even go to Thief 2! Im going to play a lot of FM's over the next few months and try to get back into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tannar View Post
    Any chance you'd be interested in making more missions? There have been a lot of changes in the last decade, and Dromed is easier to use these days with the many improvements.
    Def interested and have a lot of ideas. Love the Thief universe and could do a lot with it. Once I've played a few FM's I'll be ready to jump in again.

Quote Originally Posted by View Post
    I played Curse of the Ancients for the first time in 2019. I remember the beginning in which you turn a corner only to see an undead with all skin stripped from its face staring down at you from a second story window. That was effectively creepy.
    That was the first idea I had, Norman Bates style. Hope you blasted it with a fire arrow!

Welllll, this FM is rated as 'Too scary to play' in my database