TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: SS3 in trouble? :(

Rebecca as the CEO of TriOptimum?

So, apparently Tencent is now involved with System Shock 3 - specifically, Tencent now owns the website.

Chakat sex pillow
    I've always wanted a System Shock battle royale MMO free to play PvP experience. Imagine the cosmetics!

Zombified
    also, I want it on my phone. do you guys not have phones?

They've confirmed it on twitter. I wonder what kind of budget and constraints they'll be using?

FKA Buccura
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyrian View Post
    They've confirmed it on twitter. I wonder what kind of budget and constraints they'll be using?
    Don't acknowledge Taiwan and only speak favorably of China I imagine is one of them.

PC Gamering Smartey Man
    I <3 consoles and gamepads

Seems Nightdive still own the overall IP and franchise, Tencent just bought out the license for SS3.
    https://archive.vn/jJMrG

I have zero confidence, utterly low expectations now. ZylonBane isn't even around to white knight for OtherSide any more, like he did when Underworld Ascendant came out as a mess.

Quote Originally Posted by EvaUnit02 View Post
    ZylonBane isn't even around to white knight for OtherSide any more, like he did when Underworld Ascendant came out as a mess.
    oh my god wait what.... zb is a paid otherside shill?? i thought he wouldve been at least semi cognizant enough to realize just how greedy and delusional spector and neurath actually are

then again, razorfist is probably frying his noggin rn trying to formulate some kind of defense for otherside even after they literally sold out to an impossibly massive, evil, manipulative sino megacorp so i guess delusional boomers and looking glass go together like bread and butter? never change ttlg...

Zombified
    yeah, hope NDS still have the rights to pull the plug, should things start to go in a less than desirable direction.

Chakat sex pillow
    I remember ZB being underwhelmed with UA's development as it wound on, just like everyone else was.

As far as NDS goes, I think they sold the rights for a sequel alone, and I don't think that gives them creative/project oversight. This deal makes it unclear whether Otherside continues to develop, or if Tencent's going to give it away to someone else.

I'm assuming it's going to somebody else.
    Based on their track record, if Tencent thought that Otherside are the best developers to take this forward, they would probably have insisted on buying a share of Otherside rather than buying the license to develop SS3.
    Personally, I'm not sure Otherside are the best developers to take this forward.

It's not clear what the deal is exactly, is it? And Tencent has their fingers in so many pies now, it's hard to say what their intent is -- Epic, Riot, Ubisoft, Paradox, Platinum, Blizzard, the wossname companies who make PUBG, Elite Dangerous, and Path of Exile...

Quote Originally Posted by heywood View Post
    Personally, I'm not sure Otherside are the best developers to take this forward.
    They laid off the vast majority of their developers, after all. But so Otherside just sold the rights on? Are they even involved now?

...Wouldn't mind if this ended up being developed by Arkane.

That would only happen if the publishing rights were sold to Bethesda / Zenimax. Also, it remains to be seen how Arkane will do carrying forward under the new management.

PC Gamering Smartey Man
    I <3 consoles and gamepads

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345