TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: The Scarlet Cascabel (Updated to Version 2 - Feb 10, 2020)

Anyway, I just finished mission 2 now aswell and wow, this was not just the best mission of the contest imo, but the best mission from Thief Gold I ever played. I just looooove missions with creepy atmoshphere like the room 1 and the closed off room. They were giving me the creeps the sealed off wing was nice aswell, though the shadow annoyed me at times. The thing I enjoyed the most was collecting the 16 chess pieces and the reward for it was definitely worth it

Thank you so much for such an awesome creation!! Definitely gonna replay it soon again

I feel like I spam this thread by now (since the last 3 posts already are from me, Iīm so sorry!!) but additional to "how can I get into room 7?" Iīve got another question to the 2. mission, but storywise

Room 1 and the closed off room are haunted. Why is that so? At first I got the impression it was elizabeth trying to talk to me like in the ball room and the pool room, but when I kept thinking about it I remembered she said "dont go down there" when I went into the closed off room. And there was a couple that was murdered. So I guess there are more ghosts/spirits roaming around in this hotel like one of the sayings in the riddles says aswell? Itīs been awhile since I was so hooked on a story

My notes, mainly written for version 1.1 of the campaign on easiest difficulty level, say that one of the people in the library, not far from the door to the proprietor's bureau, has the key too room 7.

Is the closed off room the one where eerie things happen, such as an invisible person walking around, and lots of blood appearing after reading a note? If that is the case, then I think the people who were killed there (the couple which wanted to meet each other in the dark) are not the invisible person or ghost wandering about. I rather got the impression (in v1.1) that the ghost may be responsible for killing the couple. I am also not sure whether this invisible person is still there in v2 of "The Scarlet Cascabel".

Room 1 seems to be the location of another gruesome fate. From v1.1 I gained the impression that there was someone, maybe a male guest, who committed suicide there by hanging himself. There was a spot in the room where one could hear sounds as if there was a swinging rope with a load attached to it, and the load hung down from the ceiling. There might even be a spot where one can barely make out the silhouette of a body hanging from the ceiling, but once more I'm not sure. That would surely explain why this room also has a sinister appearance.

I also once heard a sound in room 1 as if a secret door made of stone had opened, but I have not found any secret door there.

There are many loose ends, particularly concerning hauntings, in v1.1 which I could not tie up. For example, there was the ghost of Elizabeth in the abandoned or sealed off wing, but there also was a female ghost wandering around and attacking or harming the player. I do not think this second one was Elizabeth, but rather some evil presence - maybe the (in)famous Red Lady? Thus, I may very well be mistaken on some of my conclusions. Furthermore, I did not write down much for v2 of the campaign, but I am sure that at least one of the ghosts which were present in v1.1 did not make an appearance in v2.

So, there are many mysteries that still remain. Actually, that does not feel so wrong, but adds to the "haunted undertone" of mission 2.

Quote Originally Posted by baeuchlein View Post
    My notes, mainly written for version 1.1 of the campaign on easiest difficulty level, say that one of the people in the library, not far from the door to the proprietor's bureau, has the key too room 7.
    Thank you for your answer! Either on expert the key is somewhere else or I really did miss this. Iīm going to replay the campaign soon and then Iīll pay extra attention to it.

Is the closed off room the one where eerie things happen, such as an invisible person walking around, and lots of blood appearing after reading a note? If that is the case, then I think the people who were killed there (the couple which wanted to meet each other in the dark) are not the invisible person or ghost wandering about. I rather got the impression (in v1.1) that the ghost may be responsible for killing the couple. I am also not sure whether this invisible person is still there in v2 of "The Scarlet Cascabel".
    Yes that is the room. It is a pitch black dark room in which you can only see the bathroom with lights and the bed with blood on it and lots of blood on the floor. Also a knife is visible in the bathroom and the bathtube is full of bloodied water. The invisible ghost is there in V2 aswell, you can only hear his steps. But I was not sure if itīs an evil ghost that attacked the couple, since it didnīt attack me. But I guess it is up to our imagination. It could also be that the ghost is one of the couple, being killed by the other or by someone else or who knows.

Room 1 seems to be the location of another gruesome fate. From v1.1 I gained the impression that there was someone, maybe a male guest, who committed suicide there by hanging himself. There was a spot in the room where one could hear sounds as if there was a swinging rope with a load attached to it, and the load hung down from the ceiling. There might even be a spot where one can barely make out the silhouette of a body hanging from the ceiling,but once more I'm not sure. That would surely explain why this room also has a sinister appearance.
    In room 1, as soon as you go into the bathroom, you hear the sound of a rope. You go back into the room and see the shadow of a hanged man in the corner, the fire in the fireplace went out and the chair right under the hanged man lies on the floor. It looks like he commit suicide. When you want to leave the room another chair moves into the direction of the door. Super creepy!

There are many loose ends, particularly concerning hauntings, in v1.1 which I could not tie up. For example, there was the ghost of Elizabeth in the abandoned or sealed off wing, but there also was a female ghost wandering around and attacking or harming the player. I do not think this second one was Elizabeth, but rather some evil presence - maybe the (in)famous Red Lady? Thus, I may very well be mistaken on some of my conclusions. Furthermore, I did not write down much for v2 of the campaign, but I am sure that at least one of the ghosts which were present in v1.1 did not make an appearance in v2.
    I think thatīs sth. they improved in V2 cause it didnīt make sense. In V2 you hear whispers, a ball falls into the pool, you see sth. swimming in the pool, when you stand in front of elizabethīs portrait you hear her voice saying "did you come to help me?", on the attic you see her ghost for a split second, in the ball room you see an "appearance" dancing, all of that shows that the hotel is haunted and full of spritis but none of them would hurt you.

At first I got the impression the hotel was only haunted because of elizabeth and her story, but it seems thereīs more to it. Like the man that hung himself and the couple that got killed, it seems itīs not tied to elizabeth at all. elizabeth even warns you not to go into the closed up room. And hells, when I left room 1 my conclusion was "no wonder the maids donīt want to clean this room. Even wild horses couldn't drag me there. a second time"

But having to think about and recall so much of the story and happenings only shows what a damn good mission it is
    Last edited by Samantha1; 29th Mar 2021 at 15:00.

Samantha1: access to room #7: in version 1 there is grey fat guy in library who has a key. Another way in version 1 (and also the only way in version 2) to this room is through secret passage in clock in corridor on 2nd floor. There is vent on ceiling. You must shoot rope arrow into ceiling and then jump into vent, which is very tricky. Good luck. Once inside there is room key inside room #7, but only in version 2.

Okay I have done everything but get in the church bell tower. Please tell me how?
    I can't for the life of me figure out how to get to that open window?

Quote Originally Posted by Galaer View Post
    Samantha1: access to room #7: in version 1 there is grey fat guy in library who has a key. Another way in version 1 (and also the only way in version 2) to this room is through secret passage in clock in corridor on 2nd floor. There is vent on ceiling. You must shoot rope arrow into ceiling and then jump into vent, which is very tricky. Good luck. Once inside there is room key inside room #7, but only in version 2.
    Thank you so much! I found the secret passage in the clock but I did not look above so I totally missed that!

Quote Originally Posted by Stingm View Post
    Okay I have done everything but get in the church bell tower. Please tell me how?
    Can you make a screenshot of what open window you mean? Maybe I can help then.

Quote Originally Posted by Stingm View Post
    I never managed to get there either.

Church tower:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9k-Q95FTC8M&t=3121s
    (sorry it's so dark)

Thanks a bunch. Can't believe I missed that.

How do I check of the objective retrieve Nightingale's stone tablet piece and find out what it's for? it's the only thing preventing me from completing the game?

Quote Originally Posted by vincentlancon View Post
    How do I check of the objective retrieve Nightingale's stone tablet piece and find out what it's for? it's the only thing preventing me from completing the game?
    Have you been in room number 10 already and got the stone tablet piece from him already?

If yes: Go to the fountain in the courtyard, there you can frob the missing piece to complete the whole stone tablet.

Update: you have to grab the scroll I didn't see after you put the piece in... #blind

Quote Originally Posted by Samantha1 View Post
    Have you been in room number 10 already and got the stone tablet piece from him already?

If yes: Go to the fountain in the courtyard, there you can frob the missing piece to complete the whole stone tablet.

I've done that but it has not checked off the objective....
    Last edited by vincentlancon; 8th Apr 2021 at 21:06.

Quote Originally Posted by vincentlancon View Post
    Update: you have to grab the scroll I didn't see after you put the piece in... #blind

I'm relatively early in the game and I've just found a readable book in the village that mentions The Red Lady of Blackwell. I'm curious, is this a reference to the Blackwell series made by Wadjet Eye Games?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456