TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Teleport thrown camera

Teleport thrown camera

An idea came to my mind, and it involves throwing a remote camera in a teleporter, so that you can actually see what's on the other side before you step into the teleporter yourself.

Before I start spending hours trying to make this work, can anyone tell me if this has been done before, or if this is possible at all?

It's for Thief 2.

I thank thou!

Would the TrigRoomDeposit script work on the CameraGrenade? Create a new Room Brush that covers the area just starting at the teleporter, and then Route link the CameraGrenade to the new Room Brush. Also ControlDevice link the CameraGrenade to a teleport trap that is ControlDevice linked to the CameraGrenade. Set the Trap Control Flags on the teleport trap to Once. I haven't tested this yet so in theory I think it could work.

Option #1 using tnhScript:
    Another option might be tnhScript::TrapMoveRelative.
    Say your source-teleporter is located at (0, 0, 0) and the target-teleporter at (10, 0, 200). So, adding "Editor -> Design Note: x=10,y=0,z=200" would teleport the camera to the other portal while preserving the camera's original speed & orientation.

Option #2 using stims/receptrons:
    Give your portal a new stim and add a receptron for that stim to the camera grenade.
    Configure the camera grenade's receptron as follows:
    Effect: Teleport Object
    Effect data: enter the position of your target portal

Option #2 seems to be much simpler...
    Last edited by intruder; 13th Feb 2020 at 12:17.