TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: Secrets of the Old City (22-02-2020) [Updated to V2!]

T2 FM: Secrets of the Old City (22-02-2020) [Updated to V2!]

by Niborius
    Requires Thief 2 v1.25 or higher
    English/German/Russian/French

A sequel to Mystery of the Upper Quarter

This mission follows the events of Mystery of the Upper Quarter. If you haven't played it yet, there will be spoilers below.

Story
    Scorpio has been given a task by his friend Dimitrios Panos. Dimitrios wants him to go to the old city, located deep beneath the ground.
    There, Scorpio is to find ingredients that can cure the disease of Dimitrios' sick wife. Only then will Dimitrios help Scorpio with his goal to get into the upper quarter of the city.
    Dimitrios warns him however - legend goes that the ruins of the old city are now haunted.

Download links for Version 2.0 (176MB)
    OneDrive

Changelog version 2.0:

- The '4' and '7' button are easier to find now
    - Changed the button in the 4-color room behind the loose brick into a switch
    - The ghosts' vision and hearing are reduced, and they are very slightly less transparent
    - The blue key emits more light and is a little easier to see. The jump is also slightly easier to do and less loud, as there is a wooden beam on both ends now
    - Most broadhead arrows have been removed and replaced with Water- or Noise arrows
    - Slight changes to details, nothing big
    - Made the transition to the 'real world' easier to pull off (the part where you drop yourself in the tunnel and have to swim back up)

Have fun playing this mission!

Difficulty disclaimer: I'd like to point out that the Expert difficulty makes a few parts in the mission much harder compared to the Normal or Hard difficulty. If you don't want the most difficult experience consider starting your first playthrough on Hard.

This mission was supposed to be released a year ago, but due to real life circumstances I couldn't make that happen unfortunately.
    Thank you for your patience, I look forward to seeing your comments about the mission.
    Everyone who helped me test the mission are mentioned in the readme file, and I'd like to thank them again for their time and patience with this long-lasting project.

Lastly, special thanks to Philippe Vachey for allowing me to use his music.
    Last edited by Niborius; 4th Apr 2020 at 09:08. Reason: Re-uploaded V2

Congratulations on the release. I will play as soon as I can.

Looking forward to play it

Oh, cool. I'll definitely check this out tonight. I quite liked your prior mission.

Congratulations It was fun beta testing it.

it was a very atmospheric mission :3
    I'm not a fan of puzzles but they were done fairly.

Well, can someone tell me where is the "7" button?

Quote Originally Posted by A.Stahl View Post
    Well, can someone tell me where is the "7" button?
    Hint: Look around in the latest room you opened

Solution: It's behind the door that leads to the next room, on the right wall

Invisible enemies? Is it a bug or intentional? I'm in the village and have a green key. Those enemies make it impossible to investigate the area.
    Last edited by Yandros; 22nd Feb 2020 at 10:48.

They are not entirely invisible. The same creature from the room with many tiles :3
    Last edited by Yandros; 22nd Feb 2020 at 10:48.

Use spoiler tags please guys!

If you play on expert there will be 2 of them. It's a difficult part but not impossible at all, others have played it and successfully found the keys without being spotted. They are only visible from further away.

Edit: Added a little difficulty disclaimer in the OP

I just finished your new mission and I really enjoyed it!
    (took me 58 minutes)
    It was challenging and exciting!

Careful - Spoiler!

I liked the custom enemies. Those transparent haunts gave me the creeps. I think they get more transparent the closer they get. Brilliant! This area where they first appear reminds me of that place in "The Artifact Returns" with the colorful locks. In that outside area where also a treebeast is, is it intended not to get up those pillars and the path where these statue like ghosts are? Because I never got there. (I just found that second key on the window by accident) Really enjoyed all puzzles! And these bug like creatures that shoot fire after waking up, I just rushed by them. Luckily they don't do any damage I also found the red mushroom by accident because I was curious whats behind that end of the river.

Nice puzzle FM!
    I hope Dimitrios get's some rest now
    Last edited by Karras35; 22nd Feb 2020 at 12:56.

is there a clue to what the beginning combination is supposed to be?
    EDIT: hidden beside the bed
    I can't get the orb through the fence to see (I assume) the next combination
    Last edited by MrMunkeepants; 22nd Feb 2020 at 14:26.

Quote Originally Posted by MrMunkeepants View Post
    is there a clue to what the beginning combination is supposed to be?
    EDIT: hidden beside the bed
    I can't get the orb through the fence to see (I assume) the next combination
    MrMunkeepants, when you're standing in front of the fence, turn around and look up

Where's the blue key?

Hint: look for a blue light

solution: the roof beam in near of the table with the flare

:3

Nice. Just sent in a final version of my diploma work, and I see this right after.
    It's like an instant reward.

Congrats on the release. Looking forward to play it.

Hmmm.... Lots of plain blue textures when I load the mission. Can't wait to try the mission once I figure out what's going on.

Make sure you use a correct version of Thief.

Also don't use good old DarkLoader if you did so, sadly it's not working very well nowadays. If you used that, try AngelLoader instead. It's interface is similar enough to DarkLoader but works much better, especially with the newer FMs.

Also finished the mission on expert. Was a nice adventure, those new enemies made the place kinda creepy and the puzzles were nice overall - not very difficult, but hard enough to be a challenge.
    Good job, and thanks again for the mission!

Great to see your release of this FM. Congratulations I will have to play this as soon as I can and look forward to it. Thanks for your efforts.

I really liked the upside-down town section!

In the upside down section I have found 1 weightless key in the attic of a house, could use a hint here the other might be.
    Last edited by vincentlancon; 25th Feb 2020 at 13:42.

Awesome. Just more reasons NOT to get other stuff done right now that I need to... *sigh* it's a tough life.

I'm in the room with many tiles after the rooms with codes. I cannot figure how to proceed, since there is a door in the wall, which closes in front of me the moment I step in a certain distance from it. Any hints or ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by ticky View Post
    I'm in the room with many tiles after the rooms with codes. I cannot figure how to proceed, since there is a door in the wall, which closes in front of me the moment I step in a certain distance from it. Any hints or ideas?
    Look for a removable brick

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast