TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: Secrets of the Old City (22-02-2020) [Updated to V2!]

[QUOTE=pwl;2439686]Ticky as I said before look in one of the attics which would be down a ladder where did you find those locks ?? and what are the arrows for I shot the targets with no effect

No, No, I found the key in the attics.

I mean THE OTHER ONE. Where is it?

There is a small blue box on the bottom of one of the ceiling beams in a house that has a wardrobe you can open

I finally finished this was an amazing mission but next time I will play with my eyes open can't believe I missed those locks???

Quote Originally Posted by pwl View Post
    There is a small blue box on the bottom of one of the ceiling beams in a house that has a wardrobe you can open
    Sorry, still stuck.

I need two keys.

1, The one in the box in the bottom of the ceiling beams in the room with wardrobe - FOUND
    2, The other one - cannot find it anywhere.

I've got a blue mushroom and a healing crystal. I need a hint to find the red mushroom.

Greetings from Brazil

Carlos Schmidt

Look near the waterfall with the flooded boat.

Quote Originally Posted by ticky View Post
    Sorry, still stuck.

I need two keys.

1, The one in the box in the bottom of the ceiling beams in the room with wardrobe - FOUND
    2, The other one - cannot find it anywhere.
    From outside the house where you found the first key 1) jump/mantle up to the upper level 2) turn right, and jump across to the house with a big wooden post on the corner, 3) Jump down to the house on the right - key is inside
    Bigger spoil: Check out the windows in the attic

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett TMT View Post
    They are not entirely invisible. The same creature from the room with many tiles :3
    Yes, but I think there is a difference. In the tiled room, they don't care about us at all. But in town, they attack. Am I correct?

I find it difficult to navigate while they are around.

Thanks for release of this well done mission!

It was a very nice mission. Donīt get it wrong - this mission is a pure riddle-based one. Normally not my cup of tea. But I liked this one. All riddles were on a reosonable difficulty level and it was fun to solve these.
    The only nasty part was the city-section, I could only barely saw the invisible ghosts and they surprised me badly multiple times before. I had to do a little search to find the final exit. I needed to go a big part back, almost oversaw it.
    Overall you granted me a great time and I enjoyed this mission very much. Thank you!

Finished. Very unique and nice style.

Parts of it reminded me of DP2 - Phantagmagoria and Cracks in the glass. But the level definitely has its own, very unique vibe. I really loved all the nice little touches everywhere, and I also think the ambients, the amounts of AI and the textures were very tastefully and carefully picked/selected to fit the atmosphere.

A couple of things I especially loved:

- The way the gameplay/story builds up. Starting with puzzles in quiet rooms, it slowly gets creepy and haunted later on.
    - The creepy silence of the upside down town with some backwards talking in the distance
    - The voice scheme of those invisible haunts without legs (if I am correct). Creepy and tasteful at the same time. Loved the threatening first alert sounds.
    - Something truly surprising were the little beasts with fire who cannot make any harm to the player - nice one.
    - I repeat, the ambients throughout the whole level.

What I would like to do, is to strongly suggest/encourage you to make more levels, since the greek one back in 2018 and this one also has their own remarkable tone, and they are also highly enjoyable!

I am in the area after the upside down town and still cannot find the blue key. I see a blue light high up across from the targets but can't get there. Please help.

One way is to get up onto the roof of the building opposite, the one next to the targets.

Hi everyone and thank you so much for all the feedback! I'm glad most of you really enjoyed this mission. I was on a vacation for a week so I didn't have much time to respond, but I did read through the comments now and then and they put a smile to my face.

I see a lot of confusion with the following part, so I'd like to elaborate on how to progress:

When you get to the point where you drop yourself in this long tunnel, and find yourself drowning, just make sure you go up immediately as far as you can. The surface of the water will now be much higher up so that can be confusing. Eventually you will trigger the 'teleport' to the next part.

@Ticky: Thank you so much for the kind words and explaining especially which parts you liked.

I'm thinking about making a new v1.1 to fix the parts people are struggling with the most.

Quote Originally Posted by urgrue View Post
    One way is to get up onto the roof of the building opposite, the one next to the targets.
    Thanks urgrue, I got it. Can't believe I missed that!

Niborius, I've completed your mission today and liked it a lot. I did have some difficulty with some of the necessary jumps, but that's was saves are for. I'll just agree with the nice things others have said about the FM to save space. I especially liked the surprise hidden ending featuring the voice of someone I cannot identify

Looking forward to your next adventure.

@bjack: Very glad to see you played it and enjoyed it! I'll happily take your feedback about the jumps for my future fan missions. And thanks again for your help being an awesome voice for Dimitrios

Don’t change the jumps on my account I’m only medium skilled at them and my old keyboard seems to not respond quickly enough. I had no issues in the “town” area, but there was one place that was hard. I had a really hard time jumping back to the shore from the sunken boat stuck in the waterfall. Again, that’s what quick saves are for. Try, fail, reload, trey, fail, reload, repeat until success.

I did start out on nightmare, but restarted on hard to reduce the spooky guy haunts Oh and I just kept away from that very fast nude person at the end that looked like he/she had crayman hands, I did not want to find out what that thing would do.

Congrats on the release and hope to see another.

Quote Originally Posted by Karras35 View Post
    I just finished your new mission and I really enjoyed it!
    (took me 58 minutes)
    It was challenging and exciting!

Careful - Spoiler!

I liked the custom enemies. Those transparent haunts gave me the creeps. I think they get more transparent the closer they get. Brilliant! This area where they first appear reminds me of that place in "The Artifact Returns" with the colorful locks. In that outside area where also a treebeast is, is it intended not to get up those pillars and the path where these statue like ghosts are? Because I never got there. (I just found that second key on the window by accident) Really enjoyed all puzzles! And these bug like creatures that shoot fire after waking up, I just rushed by them. Luckily they don't do any damage I also found the red mushroom by accident because I was curious whats behind that end of the river.

Nice puzzle FM!
    I hope Dimitrios get's some rest now
    Hey Karras Forgot to reply to your post. Thank you very much for the kind words.

You are right about the ghost, it gets more transparent the closer it gets, and it is indeed inspired by The Artifact Returns, only that haunt got more transparent the further away it was
    Also you are not supposed to go where those statues are

Quote Originally Posted by griswold View Post
    Look for a removable brick
    Cant find.

How can i get into this room with the 7 on the wall behind the door and/or open the hidden door in the wall after use 6565

Look for a hole and drop the scouting orb down it.

As for the transparent haunts - are they entirely from some earlier, other FM? What about their voice scheme? I'm interested because I would gladly play other missions with them as well.

I enjoyed playing your FM, it was like being in a dream. And the nicest star heaven ever shown in a FM!

Quote Originally Posted by ticky View Post
    As for the transparent haunts - are they entirely from some earlier, other FM?
    The mesh might be from "Cryptic Realms"?
    My FM campaigns Garrett's Young Years XTra, Reunion With Basso
    Want your upcoming FM translated in foreign languages?

which brick

is the brick in the small chamber that opens with the lever behind the candle? I cant frob that one

Quote Originally Posted by Orfeus21 View Post
    is the brick in the small chamber that opens with the lever behind the candle? I cant frob that one
    Have you been in the room in the center yet?

I'll give you a hint:
    Turn on the power in that center room. The color of this room is a hint. Look on the wall and see a photo of a wall with a tile that's missing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ticky
    As for the transparent haunts - are they entirely from some earlier, other FM? What about their voice scheme? I'm interested because I would gladly play other missions with them as well.
    Thanks for your interests The model is made by GORT and is officially called Wraith. I modified their AI, transparency, 'face' texture and Voice scheme myself. I did all the voices myself, and yes that must have looked silly making them.
    Last edited by Niborius; 11th Mar 2020 at 03:37.

if you mean the brick thats highlighted after turning the light i cant... be more specific

found it thanks to flying hopes message... the glowing brick in the chamber is just a mislead
    Last edited by Orfeus21; 11th Mar 2020 at 05:08.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast