TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: Secrets of the Old City (22-02-2020) [Updated to V2!]

It's not a mislead at all. I explained it to you before, it represents the wall at the red lantern, shows you exactly which brick it is

Ah, I see, I maybe even remember the model from ROTB2. Anyway, congrats for doing such a unique voice scheme. Yeah, IRL it could have been very stupid looking, but in the end, it's a full and nice scheme.

I beat this mission without help. It took me around 1,5 hour. I liked most of the riddles and look of the areas. But some switches and keys were placed in even more obscure places than in Cardia's missions. And that was the most annoying part of this mission.

Prison Area. I had huge problem to find switches "4" and "7" (this one I found by mistake, desperately frobbing door). Last room also was very hard for me and that's quite embarrassing mistake. I was reloading game from scouting orb view. Because of that I missed that dropping scouting orb into hole opened trap doors. And because of that I restarted the whole mission to check what I'm doing wrong. But looks like there is no more hints on lower difficulties.

Village. Upside - down area was really fun to play. Normal village had these invisible enemies that scared me a lot. Luckily it wasn't that bad like in Unseen FM. So this part was more fun.

Snow Castle. Another really solid place without items hidden in obscure places. Well, maybe except final room at the top of the tower. Boat room is interesting. First it has Green Moon theme from my favorite game of all time. Few minutes after entering this area I realized that you recreated Citadel Island Sewers. Interesting choice. The only thing this room suffers is randomly placed key. It took me 30 min to notice it. It would be better to place it inside box like in original game. Also I had problem with warp. I managed to get it work on my 4th try when I decided to swim towards moon. Other times I was stuck in underwater area without walls. Is it intended?

Reality. Ghost mages are scary. Until I noticed that their fireball projectiles don't hurt me. Is it intentional or is it a bug? And it's annoying that in Prison Area there is loud gravel floor everywhere. City looks nice.

So in the end it was quite interesting puzzle mission.

I've just finished the mission.
    Nice one - I really liked Upside down section.

It was really unexpected for me to see Easter Eggs: location from LBA and alchemy recipes from Gothic.

I have several question:
    1. Just after start cell, in corridor, I see some secret panel (at least another texture) on the wall. How to open it?
    2. Flare in normal town section and broad-head arrows - are they required for some secret or what?

Quote Originally Posted by serg_kundel View Post
    1. Just after start cell, in corridor, I see some secret panel (at least another texture) on the wall. How to open it?
    In Crusher Room use big lever.

so unexpected

surpriseful mission with so many unexpected turns... i thought it would be a city looting mis but every part surprised me more! impressive work niborius

I need a hint please. In the right side up town, I can't find the red key to open the final of three locks to the gate.
    Since I haven't seen any hints about this (I apologize if there is one already and I just missed it), I'm sure I'm going to feel like an idiot once I know where to look.

Solid mission, just finished. So much intrigue, and very self imposed jump scares haha. Wish it were longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Relayer2112 View Post
    I need a hint please.
    Go into the tunnel with the three lockboxes and turn around to face the town. The red key is in the second building on your right.

Thanks again everyone for playing my mission! Had a busy week but i was able to read the new comments. Here's my reply:

First of all I'm glad that Some people are recognizing the scene and music from LBA! The game holds great memories for me and I always wanted to re-create a scene from the game. After getting permission from the Composer himself Philippe Vachey I was convinced I wanted to put it in this mission. It was one of the first rooms I made and was going to be part of the first puzzle rooms, but I changed it so the player only gets there much later on. I think it worked well in the end.

I will also do something about the hidden items, being hidden a little too well

@Galaer: Thank you for your comments, I can definitely use this crisitism to improve my future missions, I'd also like to say that with comments like these I want to make an update of this mission. The invisible mages are supposed to deal damage, so that is one of the most imporant things I have to fix

Quote Originally Posted by urgrue View Post
    Go into the tunnel with the three lockboxes and turn around to face the town. The red key is in the second building on your right.
    Thanks for your reply urgrue, but my memory was faulty...It's actually the blue key that I was missing...I saw there was already a clue for that one and I've finally found it.
    Last edited by Relayer2112; 16th Mar 2020 at 09:43.

Quote Originally Posted by Karras35 View Post
    MrMunkeepants, when you're standing in front of the fence, turn around and look up
    So, I turned around and am looking up. I see notta in the ceiling, except the torch...

It looks kinda like 1533, but it don't work. I'm guessing the scratch to the left looks like a 1, but the rest just looks squiggly. Should I adjust my gamma or something?

Tried 1333, 1533, 1532, but it really looks like 1538, but I can't find no 8. Is there a 4 between the 3 & 5 ?

Better yet can I just get the 2nd code so I can move on and out of jail?

Can I upload a Picture of the dump Picture of the ceiling-looking up? I can't get it to any html address except fb and I really wouldn't know how to link that here.
    Last edited by Acolyte6; 18th Mar 2020 at 12:29.

Quote Originally Posted by Acolyte6 View Post
    So, I turned around and am looking up. I see notta in the ceiling, except the torch...
    No, no, no. You need to backtrack to the very beginning of this room and then look up. You will notice hole in ceiling. Throw your scouting orb there.

The invisible mages are supposed to deal damage, so that is one of the most imporant things I have to fix[/QUOTE]

Which creatures? You mean the haunts or the fireball blowing small creatures near the end?

Button #4

I know I saw it somewhere last night, but now can’t find it.

Yupp, just found it. The mouse happened to get stuck there for some reason lol
    Last edited by Acolyte6; 18th Mar 2020 at 16:53. Reason: Funny thing

Quote Originally Posted by Draigcoch View Post
    OK, if Sokli is dumb I must be dumber. Shot the arrow through the gap and the torch lit up. Threw the scouting orb through the same gap. Also tried bowling it under the gap. Still cannot see any new code. Help please!
    It's dum, dummer & dumbest right? I'm the last then. We're is button #7 to finish the last code ??

Quote Originally Posted by Acolyte6 View Post
    We're is button #7 to finish the last code ??
    Behind door.

Quote Originally Posted by griswold View Post
    Look for a removable brick
    Damn, the texture is so good in this FM that you can't see the wall once it Closes. How am I supposed to find that brick? I walked next to all the walls and pillars. Nothing lights up, except the red brick when you turn on the red light in the inner chamber, but that won't budge. The red, green, yellow & blue lights are on too, but I can't find no loose brick

The red illuminated brick in the inner chamber is a clue to the position of a removable brick in the outer chamber. Its colour (red) and position (low down) indicate where to look.

The red illuminated brick in the inner chamber is a clue to the position of a removable brick in the outer chamber. Its colour (red) and position (low down) indicate where to look.
    What is supposed to happen? I found this out on my own, but I can't see any difference anywhere.

If you stand close to the middle of the wall opposite the red lamp and look down, a brick will highlight.

If you stand close to the middle of the wall opposite the red lamp and look down, a brick will highlight.
    Sorry, I wasn't clear! I mean, I pushed the button but nothing seems to happen.

If you listen closely as you push the button you will hear a door opening somewhere.

If you listen closely as you push the button you will hear a door opening somewhere.
    Nope, nothing. There are three doors in the room with the tiles: the 'secret' door to the code rooms, the door to the lightswitch room, and a door that's supposed to open - I think thats the door you're talking about. It remains closed.

Which version of NewDark do you have?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast