TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: T2 FM: Secrets of the Old City (22-02-2020) [Updated to V2!]

Quote Originally Posted by urgrue View Post
    Which version of NewDark do you have?
    Version 1.27, thats the most recent is it not?

It most certainly is. I played it with ND 1.26. I'll play it with ND 1.27 and see if it works. In the meantime, you could look here to see if it applies to your system.

Yep, just played it and it works with old and new NVScript 1.27. Puzzling...

Have you tried it with a fresh install of Thief 2 and ND (I41 have multiple installs)?
    Last edited by urgrue; 20th Mar 2020 at 15:22.

Quote Originally Posted by urgrue View Post
    It most certainly is. I played it with ND 1.26. I'll play it with ND 1.27 and see if it works. In the meantime, you could look here to see if it applies to your system.

Yep, just played it and it works with old and new NVScript 1.27. Puzzling...

Have you tried it with a fresh install of Thief 2 and ND (I41 have multiple installs)?
    I appreciate your post but a fresh install is a bit too much work for just one map that's not working properly. Weird error though. I'll get a fresh download, reinstall the map, replay and report back

Hi Jack Lee, I'm currently experiencing the same problem. Question; have you installed the multiplayer patch? I read that it can break the functionality of buttons. I certainly do have it installed. For now I'm gonna switch the button to a switch. I'll test it, and hopefully I'll be able to have the fix (along with lots of other fixes) out today.
    Last edited by Niborius; 27th Mar 2020 at 05:15.

Version 2 is currently being worked on. I read all comments on the mission and I try to do my best to fix the parts where most of you either got stuck or where I got feedback that it was too frustratingly hard.
    V2 fixes the following (Spoiler tag for those who haven't played the mission yet):

- The '4' and '7' button are easier to find now
    - Changed the button in the 4-color room behind the loose brick into a switch (some players including myself found the button didn't always work when multiplayer is installed)
    - The ghosts' vision and hearing are reduced, and they are very slightly less transparent
    - The blue key emits more light and is a little easier to see. The jump is also slightly easier to do and less loud, as there is a wooden beam on both ends now
    - Most broadhead arrows have been removed and replaced with Water- or Noise arrows
    - Slight changes to details, nothing big
    - Made the transition to the 'real world' easier to pull off (the part where you drop yourself in the tunnel and have to swim back up)

Sorry for the triple post, but V2 has just been released. Download here or in the OP.

A list of changes has been added to the first post as well.

Enjoy!

@Niborius:

V2 archive is corrupt (can't unpack sen.ogg file from it).

please look into it..

Hi Hiatus, What FM loader do you use?

doesn't matter which FM loader one uses - FM archive file is phisically corrupt - just test it with 'test' command in Winrar/7-zip etc. A file from archive (sen.ogg) can't be unpacked. Tried downloading from different mirrors.

Please reupload V2 archive.

Yes sir, it's reuploaded now.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345