TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: How to ajust mouse click spatial tolerance

How to ajust mouse click spatial tolerance

All right you tremendously talented technical taffers, this has been bugging me for several weeks now. I love my new mouse, it's a Glorious Model D, and it is super light, super accurate, and super skatey.

One of the things I've noticed is it likes to slip a little when I click a button. Just the little bit of downward force is enough to shift it slight a pixel or three, and it doesn't seem to be much of an issue in games, which is what it was designed specifically for. But, I have noticed in Windows, especially when trying to click on really small things, or lining up brushes in Dromed, etc, it tends to move just enough to trigger Windows' built-in spatial tolerance, and it decides it's going to ignore that last click because certainly I didn't mean to click there...

There used to be a setting in Windows, not sure which version, maybe it was 7 and earlier, but you could adjust that tolerance. Or so I thought. Maybe I'm misremembering.

I found a setting in Win 10 that deals with spatial tolerance, but it's only for tablet mode, which I don't use on my PC. Is there something I'm missing?

And this isn't the double-click distance, it's the one that deals with a single-click on something. It's similar to the setting for the double-click, but this is different.

Maybe it's a lost cause. I could try maybe roughing up the little slickpads on the bottom of the mouse, but I already added the secondary pads that increase the drag on the mouse pad. Maybe it's time to get a less slick mousepad. I'm using a Razer Speed pad, and it's not really all that slick. It's textured a bit. It is also quite old, and I've washed it once to try and get out some of the dust and hand "gunk" that builds up over time in the fibers.

It seems like these days, with the much higher screen resolutions we're using, then any little slight "skid" of the mouse is enough pixels to prevent a click from registering. Will probably show back up in a future Windows update, but for now, it's hopeless, except for "downgrading" my mouse, or consciously moving it slower and not trying to click "on the fly".