TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 10 of 110 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415202530354045505560 ... LastLast

Thread: ☣ Coronavirus ☣

BANNED
    we already have far too much communism, that communism is how we are able to afford bombing the shit out of countries with brown people......

Moderator and Priest
    There's an easy test to tell how communist something is. Ask yourself:

Are people allowed to own their own property and profit off of it?

[ ] Yes
    [ ] No

If the answer is yes, then it's not communism. If the answer is no, you're probably going to jail because you're engaging in treason against the party by discussing this shit.

ALL ITALY is now in lockdown.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaan.

Moderator and Priest
    Did you go to the butcher like your mom asked?

Death by Coronavirus vs age here in Italy (2 weeks)

1 % -> 50-59
    10%-> 60-69
    31%-> 70-79
    44%-> 80 e 89
    14%-> over 90

Quote Originally Posted by Renzatic View Post
    Did you go to the butcher like your mom asked?
    Of course

And what a fine piece of meat we've bought

Moderator and Priest
    Then you're good! Stay inside, and weather the storm with your tasty sandwiches.

Ah, our "patient 1" (we don't know the zero) has recovered today, he's out of the ICU.
    After 2 weeks.....(it was a really bad case)

Moderator and Priest
    What's his prognosis?

In the meanwhile, Trump has blamed the media for the stock market collapse today. His ardent followers are now on Facebook attacking all the local news stations for "spreading panic" every time they post a story about something shutting down due to the virus.

...it's a fucking cult, I swear to god.

What's his prognosis?
    We don't know and we don't know the therapy used in that (really bad) case (38 yo, marathon runner, very athletic, you got the type)
    What we know he's now breathing autonomously.

For sure in these outlier cases there's a role played by the inflammatory response and a long running infection before the hospitalization.

...it's a fucking cult, I swear to god.
    I know man, here in Italy it's the same with this:

They magnetize simpletons.
    It's really their mission, to be the "opinion leader" of the plebs.
    A degenerated Tribune of the plebs, literally ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tribune_of_the_plebs )

Here in Aus - In New South Wales - It's broken out in a school. Likely to have broke containment as their unsure of who was in contact and are having trouble getting in contact with people.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by lowenz View Post
    ALL ITALY is now in lockdown.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaan.
    wish you and your family the best

here .
    https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=kttr...3BPOI2DAzujtC0

Moderator and Priest
    I just got back from the store.

Cokes were on sale. Bought a couple Dr. Peppers 12-packs. Think I'm set.

Quote Originally Posted by jkcerda View Post
    wish you and your family the best

here .
    https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=kttr...3BPOI2DAzujtC0
    Thanks JK from Troll-inus (-anus?)
    Tomorrow we'll have the results for my father test.....still the test can see the virus byproducts during the incubation but NOT from the first days.....so only the "positive" is a definitive result.
    It's why he must stay 14 days @home nonetheless.

Moderator and Priest
    Uh oh. You encouraged him. Now he's gonna send you mash notes, and try to finagle a green card out of you.

Uh oh. You encouraged him. Now he's gonna send you mash notes, and try to finagle a green card out of you.
    Coronavirus outbreak vs JK special attentions.....uhm.....what a dilemma.

BANNED
    Tomorrow we'll have the results for my father test.....still the test can see the virus byproducts during the incubation but NOT from the first days.....so only the "positive" is a definitive result.
    It's why he must stay 14 days @home nonetheless.
    marry me and I shall troll you eternally :kiss: I also need a green card

hope everyone comes out of it ok. if we start quarantines here I imagine people will go full retard as they already have stocking up TP and water but seemingly not food.

Moderator and Priest
    Be gentle with him, JK. He's foreign too.

Anyway, I don't think we're gonna see a full on nationwide quarantine here. It's one of the advantages of living in a big ole place with a relatively small amount of people in it. What'll happen are a few big cities like New York and Seattle will get locked down, then we'll have a small panic as everyone rushes to buy root beer or something equally stupid and arbitrary, while the people in the rural areas will take up sucking on urinal cakes to pwn the libtards. Three months from now, 75% of the population will have died from diabetes and hepatitis, and we'll have to start a new government based upon the teachings of Scientology.

Hasn't been quite this crazy across the ditch yet...

True Renz. We're going to end up with a patchwork of responses that vary by situation, region, and metropolitan area, which include various restrictions up to what Italy has done.

But I still think we'll end up better off than Europe, because even if our national political leadership is inept, the federal agencies that are responsible for coordinating a response still have their crisis playbooks, most of their staff, facilities, stores. This is one of those (few) situations where I can see the point of federalism.

We can at least get better numbers for R0 and doubling this month, law of large numbers and all.

When I posted my link on March 6 the number of cases had just hit 100K. A 6 day doubling rate (unimpeded) would mean it'd hit 1 million in just over a month. It went up 15K in the last 3-4 days, although there might be a lag there or data not getting out, but it's still nowhere near doubling. That's closer to a 3-4 week doubling rate. Still nothing to sneeze about.

I want to check it at the end of March or first week of April, then we'll really know. If it cracks a million, then that next month is when it'd go big time.

So now the CCP's outlets are saying that the US needs to apologize to China and they're threatening to cut off medical supplies to the US.

A lot of people have been warning for a long time that it's insane to depend so heavily on one country for products that we literally need to survive, especially when that country is in many ways hostile (such as militarily supporting insurgents that we're fighting).

Have we learned our lesson yet? Of course not. Are we going to demand any accountability to fix this? Of course not.

But I still think we'll end up better off than Europe, because even if our national political leadership is inept, the federal agencies that are responsible for coordinating a response still have their crisis playbooks, most of their staff, facilities, stores. This is one of those (few) situations where I can see the point of federalism.
    As someone who has worked in and with some of those federal agencies, I think you have a hell of a lot of blind faith in the competence of those agencies. They couldn't even get their shit together well enough to handle a regional hurricane...not once but MULTIPLE times well after they should have learned their lesson. What makes you think they're ready to handle a national level crisis?

My general impression has been that a lot of the managers in them are "Soviet style" ones where their #1 priority is bullshitting enough good numbers so that their boss likes them. A lot of the rest just aren't that competent individuals.

John T Reed (West Point grad and Harvard MBA) gets into it a bit here (https://johntreed.com/blogs/john-t-r...ts-orientation) but most of those "agencies" are full of people who are in an extremely process oriented mindset as opposed to a results oriented one. They've gotten to where they are by rigidly following process with zero (visible) defects and by playing office politics well. He's mostly talking about career officers there but his comments are true to some extent in any large bureaucracy whether government or corporate.
    Last edited by Tony_Tarantula; 9th Mar 2020 at 22:40.

Quote Originally Posted by jkcerda View Post
    we already have far too much communism, that communism is how we are able to afford bombing the shit out of countries with brown people......
    100%, dyed in the wool non sequitur

Be gentle with him, JK. He's foreign too.
    Grown up with american culture thanks to Disney :v

So which lovely character JK can be?

Page 10 of 110 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415202530354045505560 ... LastLast