TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: ☣ Coronavirus ☣

LittleFlower
    Quote Originally Posted by SD View Post
    I must say, I'm getting rather impatient waiting for this second wave we're supposed to be getting in the UK.
    ... <text about events in the UK deleted> .....
    Where are you, second spike?!
    Today was a world-wide record with new infections. 230k+ Infections in one day.

The number of new infections per day keeps rising. Especially in the US, Brazil, India and South-Africa.
    E.g. Florida got 15k new infections yesterday.
    This is not over yet.

I'm not worried yet. We have only a handful of new infections and hospitalizations per day in NL. Deathrate is down to single digit every day. But people are a lot less careful. I understand that. I'm less careful myself. But I'm aware: within one month, the whole situation in my country can go back to what it was in April.

verbose douchebag
    Quote Originally Posted by heywood View Post
    Can we please not fall for this again?
    Way ahead of you.

Moderator and Priest
    It takes a ridiculous person to look at the state of America today, and think there's actually a plan.

Can we please not fall for this again?
    Fall for what?

There are 2 questions in my last reply:

1) Is this article real?

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/whi...ponse-n1158746

2) If so, WHY was the POTUS told NOT to advocate for mask usage?

There is no deep discussion or rabbit trail.

Answer those.

Moderator and Priest
    Ask Q. He's the president, isn't he?

Quote Originally Posted by Renzatic View Post
    Ask Q. He's the president, isn't he?
    I never understood the frenzy over Q past the initial "FBI-Anon" posts. How would you distinguish a "Q Prediction"
    from "Campaign Propaganda" if all Q ever predicts are things that the President's own PR team could arrange?

But I guess I am just as unimpressed that Pizzagate was "debunked" by asking:

1) The accused pedo if he did it
    2) His best buddy the police chief if he did it

Oh well, how long until Ghislaine Maxwell spills the beans and a bunch of "right wing conspiracy" articles need to be retracted.

Or they can just down-play what happened like this recent reporting that the NXIVM cult had control of multiple day-care centers...

https://www.miaminewtimes.com/news/a...under-10295903
    Last edited by nbohr1more; 13th Jul 2020 at 00:09.

Now, why would people think the virus is a hoax or at least not worse than a flu?

https://abcnews.go.com/US/30-year-ma...l_twitter_abcn

"I think I made a mistake. I thought this was a hoax, but it's not."

Those were the final words of a 30-year-old patient who died at Methodist Hospital in San Antonio this week after attending a so-called "COVID party," according to the hospital.

Dr. Jane Appleby, chief medical officer for Methodist Hospital and Methodist Children’s Hospital, said in a recorded statement that the unidentified patient told nurses about the party, which she said is hosted by someone diagnosed with coronavirus.

"The thought is people get together to see if the virus is real and if anyone gets infected," Appleby said.

Appleby said she shared the story not to scare people, but to make sure they understand that the virus can affect anyone.
    [...]

Moderator and Priest
    Quote Originally Posted by Starker View Post
    Now, why would people think the virus is a hoax or at least not worse than a flu?
    Here's how these things go.

1. Dude, more often than not a hardcore Trump fan, doubts existence of virus.
    2. Goes around making fun of people wanting to take precautions against contracting the virus.
    3. Decides to fuck the libtards, throws a Covid party.
    3. Gets sick, starts to worry.
    4. Goes online, and warns all his friends that this shit is very real.
    5. Friends make fun of dude guy for selling out to the libtards.
    6. Dude dies.
    7. Friends decide to fuck the libtards, throw a Covid party.
    8. Repeat from step 3.

Oh WOW! Look at this Lincoln Project political advert:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOubhy4Ss3c

WOW! So perfectly timed and produced!

How could this "grassroots" group just "spring up" and have such clear and damning
    info against the POTUS...

Jeeze these guys are sooooooo talented! I guess there is no need for a "deep state" with all this "natural" "grassroots" "everyman" talent
    just sitting around un-tapped.

It's so good, it's almost like this whole thing was planned....

Moderator and Priest
    He's really good at making you want to explain exactly why he's a dumb shit, isn't he? The temptation is just SO THERE!

He's really good at making you want to explain exactly why he's a dumb shit, isn't he? The temptation is just SO THERE!
    I have no vested interest in countering the notion that "Trump is dumb", since it's clearly the case.

"How dumb?" is an open question since it seems that he intentionally offers a buffoon act to the public but is much more level headed when
    secretly captured in discussions with his lawyers.

It follows very logically though.

Objective:

A low-level thug with a media following and a large cache of blackmail has become the POTUS. He has friends in law enforcement and the NSA
    Get rid of him.

Strengths:

He is good at the one thing that voters illogically ask of politicians: increasing prosperity ( though he uses the crude tools of de-regulation and grift to do it)

Weaknesses:

He is a germaphobe but does not understand science or medical issues.

This whole Coronavirus saga seems to perfectly align to the above.

Moderator and Priest
    Do I have the willpower to resist? I'M NOT SO SURE! THE PULL IS SO STRONG!

Join Us!

Quote Originally Posted by Gryzemuis View Post
    I'm not worried yet. We have only a handful of new infections and hospitalizations per day in NL. Deathrate is down to single digit every day. But people are a lot less careful. I understand that. I'm less careful myself. But I'm aware: within one month, the whole situation in my country can go back to what it was in April.
    First thing people will do after the lockdown level drops, is go out to the local McDonalds, KFC etc. Expect the nearby rubbish bins to be full and overflowing within the hour. You're going to create more clusters if you aren't careful.

BANNED
    The anti-mask brigade in the USA is hilariously idiotic. I don't know whether to love or hate it. On the one hand it must be so frustrating dealing with them, on the other... America, lol.

If and when we have mandatory mask wearing in shops we'll surely get similar idiots, but their reasons won't be because this is Britain, it's a free country, constitutional rights or whatever. No, it's be either "because I don't want to" or "you ca't mek me wer no mask u dik'ed! U wot? Fancy a smack or wot? Fookin' dik'ed".

@SubJeff: I agree. It's a good thing Trump loves the poorly educated, because the rest of us here in the U.S. sure as fuck don't. *smh*

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/pol...ation-n1232884

WASHINGTON — After several months of mixed messages on the coronavirus pandemic, the White House is settling on a new one: Learn to live with it.

Another example of the idiocy we're up against at all levels, this time from a local radio host:

Moderator and Priest
    Starving kids in 3rd world countries literally don't have it this bad.

Most folk'll never lose a toe, but then again some folk'll...

I'd laugh if it wasn't for all the people dying. It's just so... frustrating to watch. It's not like this is some kind of unsolvable problem or we don't really know what we are up against like we were in the Middle Ages. We know the cause, we know what measures work, and a lot of countries have already brought the spread down to more manageable levels where it only has to be contained. We even have excellent board games about that very thing, goddammit.

this time from a local radio host:
    Former local radio host, apparently:

https://patch.com/massachusetts/swam...ott-home-fired

SWAMPSCOTT, MA — A conservative talk radio host who led weekly protests outside Gov. Charlie Baker's home during the coronavirus shutdown is out of a job.

WSMN radio fired Dianna Ploss after she posted a video on Facebook Friday showing herself accosting Spanish-speaking landscapers in Nashua, New Hampshire. In the video, which Ploss broadcast live, she tells the workers "It's America! You should be speaking English!" She also demands to know the worker's immigration status and asks where New Hampshire Gov. Chris Sununu is.

When a bystander tries to intervene, she makes a sarcastic comment about his face covering. "He's a Black man, and he's going to protect the brown man from this white woman," Ploss says directly to the camera.
    [...]

2. Goes around making fun of people wanting to take precautions against contracting the virus.
    6. Dude dies.
    8. Repeat from step 3.
    I remember reading the Bible and coming across a story about how a man lived a less than virtuous life and ended up dying an untimely death and ending up in Hell. He called out to Heaven and asked to be allowed to go warn his friends about what happened to him. He was refused because he and his friends already been warned by prophets and other agents of God and that he would be ignored just as they had. I always thought it was a weird assertion, but now it is starting to make sense.

6. Dude dies.
    8. Repeat from step 3.
    You are missing steps:

1) Virus outbreak begins in China
    2) Trump tries to close the borders and is called "racist and xenophobic"
    3) Trump asks his team about a Mask Mandate
    4) "Medical Experts in the Government" say "no, masks are a bad idea"
    5) Trump follows his experts and relays the good news that this will be easily handled "according to them"
    6) The news agencies are "pre-loaded" (foreknowledge) with LOTS of questions that accuse the President of being "wrong" about this
    7) Because Trump was told by "experts" what to say, and because the news agencies attacked this message he thinks it's all partisan
    8) Now he doubles down on this antagonism
    9) Instead of caring about the LIVES OF THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE, the news agencies continue to goad the POTUS to defy them and NEVER encourage him when he makes the right moves
    10) Now this STUPID cycle ignites his red-neck base to also think of all Covid stuff as a "partisan hoax"

You know how this all would have been avoided?

How about we remove steps 3 and 6 and just cover the issue dispassionately ( you know, JOURNALISM) instead of trying to use Covid as an election issue?

Those extra 10 political poll points we scored by ginning up an argument with the POTUS are so valuable,
    it doesn't matter that we just killed another 30K people.

Most of them were Trump supporting yokels anyway...

Now Joe Biden will surely win!
    (Media thought bubble...)
    Last edited by nbohr1more; 15th Jul 2020 at 15:21.

Judith
    Quote Originally Posted by Starker View Post
    "We're in a good place" really sounds like famous last words / Darwin Award quote.

I think he meant, "Don't cry. They are in a better place now".

I think a better graph for that would be total deaths over time.

Page 107 of 135 FirstFirst ... 7576267727782879297102103104105106107108109110111112117122127132 ... LastLast