TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 141 of 141 FirstFirst ... 419196101106111116121126131136137138139140141
Results 3,501 to 3,519 of 3519

Thread: ☣ Coronavirus ☣

Quote Originally Posted by nbohr1more View Post
    Where were such venomous retorts when people gasped about Carter Page's possible Russian connections or how connected Giulliani might be to the Italian Mafia?

Did a bunch or right-winger come out of the wood-works to say "how dare you muse about these topics without citing 50 peer reviewed sources"?

Remember when people were ALLOWED to have personal opinions and discuss their internal speculations or the speculations of others?

Remember when people were free to discuss whether JFK was assassinated by the Government or whether 9/11 was an inside job and nobody would bat an eye.

It was just normal folks grasping at limited public info and trying to make some sort of sense of things? To attempt to dig deeper.

TV stations even made shows where pop-culture "experts" discussed topics like these.

Now, because people are so indoctrinated against "conspiracy theory" such free flowing discussions are halted.

That smells to me like a coordinated effort at information control ( info warfare ).
    Let me tell you the "truth," it seems everyone knows except you.

Nobody here expects you to be able to cite a respectable source, cus your claims are all whacko. And if you actually acknowledge that you're "grasping at limited public info and trying to make some sort of sense of things," then fine.

But you took things much further, and in doing so you exposed yourself and your very limited knowledge. The only way someone would come to these conclusions is if they didn't know anything. It's very evident to those who do know things.

If you want a discussion, you discuss what you know. If you don't know, you listen. If you try to "contribute" to a discussion when you know nothing, there's a problem.

Also don't confuse scientific search for the truth with "normal folks grasping at limited public info and trying to make some sort of sense of things," that's where conspiracy theories come from. And you went there.

highly specialized infection behaviors.
    like induce taste disorders attacking the ...... bulbus olfactorius ? SARS2 does that.

Try to convince me that's "intentional", LOL.

Where do we draw the line?
    -> "Over-rationalization"

if you prefer: OVERFITTING of the interpretation model adopted to explain something.

You know I can explain you the planetary behaviour with Tycho Brahe system in 2021 too and the results are GOOD? "The System wants you to believe Copernicus, that leftist bastard!!!!! Tycho does good enough and I can show you!!111"

And so the Trump chloroquine, etc, etc, etc.....it's always the same victimhood pattern!
    Last edited by lowenz; 15th Jun 2021 at 12:51.

Quote Originally Posted by Jashin View Post
    Let me tell you the "truth," it seems everyone knows except you.

Nobody here expects you to be able to cite a respectable source, cus your claims are all whacko. And if you actually acknowledge that you're "grasping at limited public info and trying to make some sort of sense of things," then fine.

But you took things much further, and in doing so you exposed yourself and your very limited knowledge. The only way someone would come to these conclusions is if they didn't know anything. It's very evident to those who do know things.

If you want a discussion, you discuss what you know. If you don't know, you listen. If you try to "contribute" to a discussion when you know nothing, there's a problem.

Also don't confuse scientific search for the truth with "normal folks grasping at limited public info and trying to make some sort of sense of things," that's where conspiracy theories come from. And you went there.
    1) Go through my posts. Did I ever claim to be a virologist or expert in medical details?

2) Is the title of this thread "Coronavirus - (Virologists chime-in only)"

3) Have I ever claimed I wasn't a conspiracy theorist ?

You seem to be laboring under the false pretense that conspiracy theorists are "bad for society". What do you think the folks investigating Watergate would be called
    before they had any leads about that story? Or any investigation of coordinated crimes by government before any hard evidence was available?

It seems that you are easily convinced that the public should have it's teeth and claws removed in this way.

Only "experts and authorities" are allowed to speak. No speculations allowed.

What do you think the folks investigating Watergate would be called
    before they had any leads about that story? Or any investigation of coordinated crimes by government before any hard evidence was available?
    If you actually cared, you'd stop doing the things that make conspiracy theorists (and you) look like idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by catbarf View Post
    If you actually cared, you'd stop doing the things that make conspiracy theorists (and you) look like idiots.
    That is another thing you misunderstand: people are ALLOWED to be idiots, ignorant, wrong, etc.

The answer to that "problem" is not vitriol or censorship.

people are ALLOWED to be idiots, ignorant, wrong, etc.
    .....so they're allowed to POSSIBLY BECOME very dangerous lunatics thanks to paranoia-propelled propaganda not by "devilish corporations" or "satanic freemasonry" but narcisistic powermonger with the conscience of a mangy and irresponsible child, a personification of the meaning of "DISGRACE" (literally in christian terms) who wants simple but effective tools to take advatange of well-known democracy backdoors. And nothing more cause, you know, individualism just works!!111 It's magic, just do like me!!11 The other systems are ideological constructions!!11 This is the real deal!!!111
    NOTHING MORE cause "MORE CARE=BAD CARE" ! Just let everyone do for himself.....so they'll become dangerous for themselves too.

Maybe it's time to switch to another kind of "freedom". This is more like "freeDOMINATION" according to her hyperuranical majesty, THE LAW

Yes, I know I sound like 1984's Big Brother. "Freedom is Slavery!!!" And no, it's NOT a problem believing that in a world that is NOT Orwell-like but Huxley-like. A world where the desires are systemically grown, no, better, engineered to ensure that the boat float. Not the viruses, the desires. So yes, i reject a world where governments systemically let people be idiots, ignorant, wrong thanks to the law.
    Last edited by lowenz; 15th Jun 2021 at 16:58.

Day 2 since the Ambrosia jab: no side effects other than the injection site being a bit sore. Also, getting a slight urge to wear sunglasses at night.

Quote Originally Posted by Starker View Post
    Day 2 since the Ambrosia jab: no side effects other than the injection site being a bit sore. Also, getting a slight urge to wear sunglasses at night.
    .....but are you prepared for the universal constructor???

...and thus arose the need for a more generalized theory encompassing a "Universal Constructor" (UC) that would be able to handle such arbitrarily complex nanoscale design problems. Unlike the simple atom by atom nanotech constructors common today, a UC would combine millions upon millions of atoms in a parallel process that could produce materials or mechanisms of unmatched intricacy on a scale currently not possible even with the best nanoscale foundry.

One of the most obvious applications of a UC -- if its construction were ever practical -- would be the genetic manipulation of lifeforms at the atomic level to cure disease, correct congenial defects, or expand their capabilities in beneficial ways. Theoretically, if an "intelligent," real-time control program were developed for the UC, then autonomous, artificial nanoscale organisms could be assembled. Careful design could create organisms that might actually exist in "symbiosis" with other life.

However, a UC also creates the tangible threat of a "grey goo" scenario: the design of an organism that is so evolutionarily advanced as to overwhelm the current ecosystem...

And remember, the nanomachine disease in DXIW is called "Nanite Swell 11" (...................Coronavirus Disease 19 !!1111)
    Where did I put my sunglasses?!?!?
    Last edited by lowenz; 16th Jun 2021 at 03:53.

If in the comments section i see victimhood tone comments like "Just two weeks ago YouTube would have censored this video for spreading "medical misinformation" and "conspiracy theories." My how things have changed." THAT'S prove MY theory, not yours
    Media use this kind of material as a lever not to gain a virus function but this reaction:

"WE WERE ALWAYS RIGHT, BASTARDS!!!1111"

How can't you see the victimhood stimulation in this kind of dynamic?
    You're just proving paranoid thinking and victimhood complex go hand in hand!
    Last edited by lowenz; 17th Jun 2021 at 04:19.

verbose douchebag
    This is a discussion, not a scientific journal.
    Yes, but when someone ups the ante and introduces credible references, you kind of need to match the quality to stay in the game.

If you can't do it with logic, or with references, or with sheer "wake up sheeples" brute force, then it might be time to re-assess your position.
    If you aren't willing to do that, then why enter into debate at all? If all you are looking for is someone to agree with your existing beliefs, there are plenty of conspiracy sites to frequent where you'll have everyone nodding along in unison with the talking points you all parrot like real free thinkers.

Administrator
    Agreed, but it's simpler than that.

Yes, this is a discussion. No-one has been censored for having crazy ideas about Coronavirus on this forum. Claiming that dissenting voices are being silenced or censored simply isn't happening here.

If nboh1more wants to claim that the CIA secretly orchestrated a leak from a lab in China while simultaneously claiming that China didn't worry about that happening - well, I disagree, but sure - why not consider that. It's good for accepted ideas to be challenged but to move forward it has to pass scrutiny. There's no lack of intelligence in this thread for digging into the details and assessing whether something is credible.

Throwing shit at the wall and finding it doesn't stick doesn't mean that the problem is you haven't flung enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Al_B View Post
    Yes, this is a discussion. No-one has been censored for having crazy ideas about Coronavirus on this forum. Claiming that dissenting voices are being silenced or censored simply isn't happening here.
    And what about someone saying "That's precisely the strategic condescending/concession to simulate freedom!!!!111111 You give us (apparent) freedom just to trick us in (apparent) contradiction!!!1111"

'cause the bad thing about paranoia it's that it's a slippery slope to hell, being a maniac expression (paranoia logic is very similar to hypochondria logic, it's a bottomless pit / black hole and you can recognize it by the ever-present and ever-iterating overfitting dynamic)

verbose douchebag
    I've been accused of being a shill due to my "convenient" employment history in gene engineering. He's not just trying to share his ideas, he's arguing in bad faith and ignoring every response while trying to undermine the intellectual honesty of not just the people discussing with him, but the reference material being used to back up people's points.

He's not trying to challenge the status quo, he's spamming links which are either garbage or which don't really back his talking points. He's derailing what should be a discussion about the ongoing global pandemic into a sisyphean game of whack a mole which is lowering the thread's signal to noise ratio.

learnt a new word, thanks!

an accomplice of a confidence trickster or swindler who poses as a genuine customer to entice or encourage others.

LOL, perfect for TTLG

Quote Originally Posted by Al_B View Post
    Agreed, but it's simpler than that.

Yes, this is a discussion. No-one has been censored for having crazy ideas about Coronavirus on this forum.
    Claiming that dissenting voices are being silenced or censored simply isn't happening here.
    Look at how many people have been asking to "ban me" and then tell me again that censorship isn't on the table here.

My point is that there are two reasons for censorship beyond the scope of this forum:

1) The political alliance of big tech and the DNC are so dumb that they think they can "stifle conspiracy theories" by erasing them from the internet ( for the purpose of controlling the narrative )

2) There is some sliver of truth to these conspiracy theories and the political alliance of big tech and the DNC do not want outside people stumbling around figuring out which things are outlandish and which are close to the truth

It could very well be the former, but even that is "bad for society" since it stifles the ability for society to use outside channels to audit "the establishment".

As for "de-railing" the topic?

What is more on-topic than pointing out two mainstream articles ( Vanity Fair, NY Post ) where scientists claim that the Lab Leak theory is credible?

If you think that the articles are misleading or do not have the stature to be added to this conversation, then examine the scientists in each article
    and explain why their scope, credentials, (etc) are insufficient to lend credence to their claims.

Also, how is my highlighting Jon Stewart believing the Lab Leak theory more "off topic" than a bunch of memes about anti-mask \ anti-vax idiots?

If I recall correctly, some of the anti-vax memes were confirmed to be created by Chinese shill farms:

https://www.politico.com/newsletters...s-up-to-491548

So what's worse:

1) Mocking "Trump Supporters" \ Rednecks for being anti-vax

2) Believing that "Trump Supporters" are posting anti-vax content when it is actually the Chinese government

?

If you do the former, then Trump Supporters will believe you are "brainwashed" and you will be helping the Chinese government to kill them.

verbose douchebag
    I'm not asking anyone to ban (nor have I ever) you but either prove it, or STFU.
    You have been spewing nonsense for over a year and have yet to provide a single source which isn't either an unreferenced opinion piece or an article which maybe backs up a single uncontroversial component of what you are claiming, but none of the contentious points that are riding along with it.

Hitchens' razor - that which can be posited without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence. So basically, you've spent god knows how many hours saying nothing of substance.
    Everything you are saying boils down to nothing. We're supposed to believe it just because you do? Who even are you? If you want to convince people, you need to give them reasons above "hey guys, this is super important to me, and the notion of providing evidence is upsetting my sensibilities".

As always though, I wonder why you even care. What is it about this forum in particular that you have decided has to be subjected to your endless rants about the deep state and claims that a global pandemic is somehow all about the political affairs of one country? Why is TTLG the hill you have chosen to die on? It's just fucking weird. Like, you've even hinted at one point, that I, a person who has been coming to this forum since 2002 and posting fairly regularly, and have a fair few people from here on Facebook and have even met some in actual meatspace, am some kind of pharma industry plant, specifically chosen to act as a sleeper agent embedded in a '90s nostalgia gaming forum.

DNFTT

Page 141 of 141 FirstFirst ... 419196101106111116121126131136137138139140141