TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 144 of 144 FirstFirst ... 449499104109114119124129134139140141142143144
Results 3,576 to 3,590 of 3590

Thread: ☣ Coronavirus ☣

verbose douchebag
    To make that more readable, be consistent in the word you are using to refer to each vaccine. I know that Comirnaty = Pfizer / BioNTech etc, many don't.

Fair point. Certain materials usually refer to the actual vaccine name and so i gravitate towards using thous - unfortunately (as is common in medicine) thous names are "designed" to be impossible to remember. Hence, i think, certain kind of info sources completely omit the vaccine name instead. So, i am divided ... ending up using whatever the source used - continuing the inconsistency ... x_x.

Anyway, speaking of the common 4 vaccines ...

Why is it that Pfizer/Comirnaty and AstraZeneca/Vaxzevria grossly dominate in stats and figures? I am not sure. It is like the other ones do not even exist.

I'm unhappy to hear Estonia's had such a big wave, but the <1% fatality rate is great. Maybe there are some lessons there to be learned by other countries.

Quote Originally Posted by zombe View Post
    Why is it that Pfizer/Comirnaty and AstraZeneca/Vaxzevria grossly dominate in stats and figures? I am not sure. It is like the other ones do not even exist.
    I think it's because they were first out the gate with vaccines, thus received enormous amounts of money from the US to boost production. This is just a guess though. EDIT: Oops, it was Pfizer and Moderna that got the boost. So, I dunno.

So USA full vaccination rates have stalled at 48%. The right is pulling out all the anti-vaxer stops with comparisons to the holocaust and worse.

They have even co-opted a pro-choice slogan...

And the Black Power salute as well. Completely without irony or self-awareness.

I do not know of any country where vaccinations are planned to be mandatory - so, what the actual fuck are they even talking about? Is there an actual mandatory vaccination push in the US? I seriously doubt it.

"no microchip" :/

@zombe: Vaccinations are mandatory in some places in the U.S. if you work in the medical profession, like at a hospital or as an EMT or paramedic. There have been nurses and other hospital staff in the news in various states who were suspended or fired because they refused to be vaccinated. Then again, those healthcare workers who were fired or resigned were usually living in typically red states. I honestly do not understand that type of mindset, ffs.

https://news.yahoo.com/nurses-fired-...202817653.html

Dr. Fauci doesn't understand it, either. *smh*

https://www.yahoo.com/news/infection...161752526.html

I'd say the Delta variant is one way to cull the herd of anti-vaxxer Trump-supporting crazies, but have to keep reminding myself that anti-vaxxers are human, too. Allegedly.

We do also share a lot of DNA with bananas, Dia.

Quote Originally Posted by Dia View Post
    @zombe: Vaccinations are mandatory in some places in the U.S. if you work in the medical profession, like at a hospital or as an EMT or paramedic. There have been nurses and other hospital staff in the news in various states who were suspended or fired because they refused to be vaccinated.
    That does not sound like vaccination being mandatory at all (though, it is a common misunderstanding). Quoting from the example linked:

More than 100 staff members at Houston Methodist Hospital who were fired for refusing to get vaccinated for COVID-19 appealed a judge’s ruling that sided with the hospital’s right to terminate their employment.
    That, in broad generalization, is pretty much standard in every country (our little tinpot Estonia included). If the risks justify it (it absolutely is justified for an hospital) then the employer has the right to require it - if you can not or will not get vaccinated and your work cannot be rearranged to an sufficiently less risky position (probably a big fat no for an hospital) then you cannot do your job and need to go (depending on contract specifics the employer in this situation might be required to pay out some hefty severance fees and cannot just fire them though).

As it happens, the link in my recent post concerning vaccinations in Estonia happened to cover this for out little tinpot country. Might be of interest as an comparing material for whatever other country:

https://www.kriis.ee/en/vaccination-estonia

Relevant sections:
    "Are future sanctions or restrictions possible for people who are not vaccinated?"
    "Can an employer request an employee's health data (incl. vaccination) and under what conditions?"
    "Is it possible and under what conditions can an employer fire an employee (eg in a catering establishment) who refuses to be vaccinated?" (mostly the same answer as previous question)
    Last edited by zombe; 12th Jul 2021 at 17:14.

Quote Originally Posted by Dia View Post
    anti-vaxxers are human, too
    Like all gullible paranoids they're more animals, literally by definition of paranoid personality.
    Self-righteous (and self-serving) animals thinking really high of themselves, as "chosen ones" (and of course they see "chosen ones conspiracies" everywhere, mirroring their internal machinations fueled by maniputaling&fearmongering politicians).

"Covid is a dem hoax".......

Got my second dose of Comintern or whatever the Pfizer vaccine is branded as these days. Very few people today, so I guess most people who wanted it have already got their jabs. Which apparently translates to ~39% fully vaccinated and ~45% partially vaccinated. Anyway, I was in and out in less than 15 minutes, which included waiting for 10 minutes afterwards, mostly just to rest my legs for a bit while I read the mail and skimmed some news. And no side effects whatsoever, not even a sore arm. I guess I was already augmented from the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by Starker View Post
    Got my second dose of Comintern
    LULZ (I don't know how many can get the pun today in 2021, far right antivaxxers too)

verbose douchebag
    Had my second dose last Saturday. I had a cold at the time (which the doc said was fine), so possibly as a knock-on from that, I slept at least 32 of the following 48 hours.
    Feel great now mind.
    On an unrelated matter, super excited for Windows 11.

Had my second shot yesterday, didn't feel much until 4 or so hours later when my arm started getting sore like with the first shot but on top of that I also got a headace and this morning my back and shoulders feel like I rearranged all my furniture yesterday.

All around pain (like after excessive physical activity) seems to be common side effect. After my first shot i only noticed shoulder protesting and thought that the rest was from bad sleeping position or something. Only connected the dots after the doc mentioned it on my second shot - and the all around pain repeated also.

No headache tho. Well, i quite literally have no idea how a headache would feel as i have never had one in my life. Thought that maybe i just don't know to categorize pain correctly as headache, however, people keep telling me if i had a headache - "you would know". For me headache is just an expression used when facing difficult mental gymnastics.

On different "news" - covid is starting to get out of hands here (breaking through tracking efforts). Got a record spike of 121 cases today (highest number in recent weeks was 95). For comparison to US pop count, that would be 121*250=30K - so, not there yet, but not good either.

Also, our vaccination coverage is abysmal. It was great till the fuckup where a lot of doses were lost and people got turned down (had relatives that got the call to reschedule) - it never recovered. Seems like a lot of people just went - ahh, fuck it, i cannot be bothered. A sentiment that was probably fueled by low case count at the time.

Title "at least one shot per age group per county":
    Apparently, all the brains live in Tartu . No surprises there.

Hm, all the vaccines are for 12 and over - yet there now are some 0.1% in 0-11 groups. Doc decided that close enough to 12?

Page 144 of 144 FirstFirst ... 449499104109114119124129134139140141142143144