TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 27 of 138 FirstFirst ... 2712172223242526272829303132374247525762677277127 ... LastLast

Thread: ☣ Coronavirus ☣

Quote Originally Posted by lowenz View Post
    It seems that Atalanta (soccer team of Bergamo) vs Valencia match is the culprit for our out-of-the-sky numbers here......hundred of people got infected there and did spread the virus some days after......
    That's actually somewhat relieving news for me, if the initial sudden spike in caseload can be traced to a single super-spreading event. But I have to wonder how a single or small group of individuals could infect so many in one sporting event. The negative way to look at it is that the virus might be much more infections than previously thought.

Quote Originally Posted by icemann View Post
    The US is doing a little better as they have mandated that everyone self isolate.
    No we haven't. Even California, who has supposedly has a shelter in place policy, makes exceptions for all sorts of businesses, including home construction/remodeling and even GameSpot of all places. Many states are proudly declaring they will not issue any shelter in place order. I'm sure they're considering it anyway, but don't want to face a public backlash.

There has been calls by worried parent groups to shutdown all the schools, which I think is a TERRIBLE idea. If all schools close what happens? All the parents quit their jobs. Economy then goes to shit, crime rate skyrockets (from all the kids getting bored and so going out and causing stuff).
    How can you go from advocating isolation to wanting to keep the schools open in one post? Schools and child care centers are up there with senior centers and swingers clubs in terms of being petri dishes for disease transmission.

Anyone else thinking that the next great depression is about to hit? When this thing is said and done, the economic cost is going to be HUGE.
    There will be a large loss of jobs over a short amount of time and the federal government will go far deeper into debt. But if it's over in 6 months of less, I think we will recover relatively quickly. There will be pent-up demand released as soon as we get back to normal.

Quote Originally Posted by jkcerda View Post
    it appears we are about to brace for the worst and the weekend thieves are starting to pop up.
    We're on THE Garrett Shrine, are you afraid of those B-series taffers?

Quote Originally Posted by heywood View Post
    That's actually somewhat relieving news for me, if the initial sudden spike in caseload can be traced to a single super-spreading event. But I have to wonder how a single or small group of individuals could infect so many in one sporting event. The negative way to look at it is that the virus might be much more infections than previously thought.
    Small?

40.000........https://www.gazzetta.it/Calcio/Serie...87736575.shtml

BANNED
    We're on THE Garrett Shrine, are you afraid of those B-series taffers?
    Too many on my family are anti gun. Clowns. Due to CA stupid laws I can’t even lend them guns w/o committing a felony

Moderator and Priest
    JK, I think it's time you build a compound.

BANNED

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingerbread Man View Post
    $10 says none of us can actually picture as few as 10 dead bodies in the same room, maybe not that honest to act like a blasť edgelord about hundreds or more.
    Well I can. One is bad enough.

The economic hit is going to be massive. We need a mortgage and rent freeze, right now. Closing down stuff is going to be terrible for so many businesses that don't have runway, and some companies with capacity are being dreadful.

Virgin Airlines for example asking people to take 2 weeks unpaid leave when Branson himself could pay everyone's wages and really not notice it. This is going to reveal a lot of things and hopefully when we come out the other side there will be a lot of examination of this behaviour.

Moderator and Priest
    If I had to pick a running theme for this particular party, it'd be "ignore the uncomfortable obvious staring you in the face until it can be ignored no longer."

I'm sure the next step in the soiree will be "blame someone else for all the mistakes we've made."

Moderator and Priest
    The story of humanity right there. A lot of good people doing the best they can, and a few bad eggs fucking it up for everybody.

88 deaths in Bergamo yesterday.
    In one day.

+28......

Quote Originally Posted by icemann View Post
    I got labelled racist on Facebook for sharing that one.
    I'm Chinese by ethnicity. You're fine.

So they closed the Hobbiton tourist attraction/movie set today, I have an old colleague who is now out of work. I also applied for shelf stacking at a nearby place. Got a weeks worth of work at another.

We also now have more confirmed cases and of those, two have not had any contact with anyone from overseas or travelled recently which is where all of our cases have previously come from.

I think you missed the point.

On 19 February, Italy was reporting only three cases total. Surely there were more who had contracted the virus but hadn't presented any symptoms yet. So let's look one week later. On 26 Feb there were 470 reported cases. Some number of those people were walking around spreading the virus a week earlier. And some of those people attended the match. But how many? 10, 20, 50? There couldn't have been a huge number of spreaders. So if this match was the start of the epidemic in Bergamo, that suggests to me that the virus could spread more easily than thought.

And it is precisely so "the virus could spread more easily than thought".

It's damn contagious, like the cold virus.

Remember that it can use the eye conjunctiva as a door.

+20% dead ones in one day

Total count now bigger than in China
    The culprit? Age and ACE2.

Moderator and Priest
    Our president, ladies and gentlemen.

Quote some unflattering figures at him, ask what he'll say to Americans who are feeling scared, and get the usual fake news spiel.

It's amazing to think that dipshits like Vae think this is a fine example of leadership.

Moderator and Priest
    And think about how much more effective his administration would be if they didn't have to waste time trying to convince him every action they take won't hurt his ratings.

Lombardy data today, +500 deaths.

LittleFlower
    Quote Originally Posted by Renzatic View Post
    It's amazing to think that dipshits like Vae think this is a fine example of leadership.

Good luck with your country.

LittleFlower
    I saw the Italian numbers 15 minutes before you posted them here, Lowenz.
    6557 new infections nation-wide, bringing the total to 53578.
    793 new deaths (545 in Lombardia) !!

Unbelievable !?!
    I knew that those numbers were coming. I don't care much about percentage-growth anymore. By now we know that all the numbers are basically doubling every 3 days. (Which amounts to a 20-30% daily increase). Next weekend, these numbers will be 3-4x as high. So next weekend I expect 2500 new deaths per day .... Fuck.

Oh, and I have no doubt the same is coming in NL. And the USA. It will just take a few more weeks to get there.

Moderator and Priest
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryzemuis View Post
    Good luck with your country.
    It's still not the end of the world over here. There are plenty of very competent people handling this, some of which are among Trump's administration.

...it's just that our figurehead is something of a dipshit.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Renzatic View Post
    And think about how much more effective his administration would be if they didn't have to waste time trying to convince him every action they take won't hurt his ratings.
    you mean how far ahead we would have been flattening the curve had he banned travel from china ???

A hundred and forty cases in my state so far with four deaths so percentages about right. My son in laws stocks lost 40% which is the average. Both he and my daughter in law are teachers and on leave. My daughters company has laid folks off but not her yet. My son is rolling right along in the trucking business. My company is sold out of every type of face mask and back ordered. My sisters company had a pilot test positive and called today to say she won't be able to make my moms birthday party because she is sick, not that it mattered because it's cancelled. No restaurants are open including the one we usually have it at. Cashiers are wearing masks and gloves now. Bread is out in grocery stores. Jack Daniels is out on liquor store shelves.

Four cases confirmed in my county but the hatches are being battened. This is Oxford, college town, party town, on a Friday night. I cannot recall it ever looking like this.

I still think my wife and I had it in January because the symptoms matched but we self isolated family wise. I still went to work. No way to tell now.

Moderator and Priest
    You keep repeating this as if it would've made a difference. It was a ban on foreign nationals who had visited China within 14 days of the ban. It didn't stop US citizens from coming back home, and only the barest effort was put in place to check on them when they set foot on US soil.

Did it spread through Chinese tourists visiting the US after Trump attempted the ban? No, it didn't. It spread through the very people who were exempt from the ban. Trump didn't even press the issue, which he could've done. It's not like criticism has ever stopped him before.

When you repeat this bullshit a 10th time, I'll repeat this same fact back to you. Trump's initial attempts were, at best, half assed, and mostly dismissive. He was warned about it for a month leading up to the initial outbreak, but his primary concern was keeping up appearances in front of the media, worried that an outbreak would make him look bad for the November election.

...and now, here we are. Three weeks behind the rest of the world. It's apparently everyone else's fault but his. He was more concerned with insulting the governor of Washington state, and claiming the calls for urgency were a Democrat hoax to make him look bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Gryzemuis View Post
    I saw the Italian numbers 15 minutes before you posted them here, Lowenz.
    6557 new infections nation-wide, bringing the total to 53578.
    793 new deaths (545 in Lombardia) !!

Unbelievable !?!
    I knew that those numbers were coming. I don't care much about percentage-growth anymore. By now we know that all the numbers are basically doubling every 3 days. (Which amounts to a 20-30% daily increase). Next weekend, these numbers will be 3-4x as high. So next weekend I expect 2500 new deaths per day .... Fuck.

Oh, and I have no doubt the same is coming in NL. And the USA. It will just take a few more weeks to get there.
    Yeah.
    And we're NOT counting the deaths OUTSIDE the hospitals.....the ones with NO test result.

So 545->600/650 or up to 700/800

It's really a monster, as I said (one of my uncles in another province - Lecco - is now fighiting for life in ICU)

I hope that monday the 15 days old quarantine would give us some positive outlook.....

Page 27 of 138 FirstFirst ... 2712172223242526272829303132374247525762677277127 ... LastLast