TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 28 of 122 FirstFirst ... 3813182324252627282930313233384348535863687378 ... LastLast

Thread: ☣ Coronavirus ☣

Things just got real at the retail store where I work part-time. Some customer broke the covers for the toilet paper dispensers in every single stall and stole the toilet paper out of both the men's & women's restrooms. The soft packs of liquid hand soap were also stolen out of the dispensers at each sink in both restrooms, too. I don't like the way this is escalating; here in our county there've only been 4 confirmed CV-19 cases so far; I don't even want to think about wtf will happen when those numbers start climbing.

Moderator and Priest
    Quote Originally Posted by jkcerda View Post
    not "enforced" yet, there are no cops making sure you stay home and every business I drove by was open, I am betting they will all stay open until cops do indeed show up to shut them down as nobody can afford to stay home and try to collect unemployment.
    Give it time. Once the cases start piling up, and the hospitals start filling, that's when people will start taking this seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Dia View Post
    Some customer broke the covers for the toilet paper dispensers in every single stall and stole the toilet paper out of both the men's & women's restrooms.
    That's been happening here, too. Groceries are closing their public restrooms in response.

Quote Originally Posted by Renzatic View Post
    A lot of it depends on how well we handle things over the next month, and not EVERYONE in a position of power is a complete dipshit.
    Well, the various Republicans want to save their own asses, so we've got that going for us.

It seems that Atalanta (soccer team of Bergamo) vs Valencia match is the culprit for our out-of-the-sky numbers here......hundred of people got infected there and did spread the virus some days after......

Moderator and Priest
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyrian View Post
    Well, the various Republicans want to save their own asses, so we've got that going for us.
    When their jobs and fortunes are on the line, you can just about guarantee that our politicians will go out of their way to do the right thing.

So hey, democracy does work!

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Renzatic View Post
    Give it time. Once the cases start piling up, and the hospitals start filling, that's when people will start taking this seriously.
    our CO already made the letter that should keep us working, we are also working with the state to get a certified letter in the matter.

https://ktla.com/news/local-news/l-a...odgZWZ83mGR7S4
    The nation’s second-largest municipal health system has told its staff that it is essentially abandoning hope of containing the coronavirus outbreak and instructed doctors not to bother testing symptomatic patients if a positive result won’t change how they would be treated.

The guidance, sent by the Los Angeles County Department of Health Services to its doctors on Thursday, was prompted by a crush of patients and shortage of tests, and could make it difficult to ever know precisely how many people in L.A. County contracted the virus.

The department “is shifting from a strategy of case containment to slowing disease transmission and averting excess morbidity and mortality,” according to the letter. Doctors should test symptomatic patients only when “a diagnostic result will change clinical management or inform public health response.”

The guidance sets in writing what has been a reality all along. The shortage of tests nationwide has meant that many patients suspected of having COVID-19 have not had the diagnosis confirmed by a laboratory.
    it appears we are about to brace for the worst and the weekend thieves are starting to pop up.

Quote Originally Posted by Brethren View Post
    I wonder if in the aftermath of this thing, if he U.S. will go overboard (debatable?) like they did after 9/11, and create all sorts of new "Departments of" and task forces/committees and install new overly strict regulations to combat the next time this happens.
    Depends on the election result.

Moderator and Priest
    Eughghghghg. Gonna be about goddamn tragic.

BANNED
    this can be interpreted as good news by some
    https://www.fox5ny.com/news/35-nypd-...3YAFhJT5Awe1jg
    less cops out there means you really are on you damn own, now you need to worry about criminals.

Quote Originally Posted by lowenz View Post
    It seems that Atalanta (soccer team of Bergamo) vs Valencia match is the culprit for our out-of-the-sky numbers here......hundred of people got infected there and did spread the virus some days after......
    That's actually somewhat relieving news for me, if the initial sudden spike in caseload can be traced to a single super-spreading event. But I have to wonder how a single or small group of individuals could infect so many in one sporting event. The negative way to look at it is that the virus might be much more infections than previously thought.

Quote Originally Posted by icemann View Post
    The US is doing a little better as they have mandated that everyone self isolate.
    No we haven't. Even California, who has supposedly has a shelter in place policy, makes exceptions for all sorts of businesses, including home construction/remodeling and even GameSpot of all places. Many states are proudly declaring they will not issue any shelter in place order. I'm sure they're considering it anyway, but don't want to face a public backlash.

There has been calls by worried parent groups to shutdown all the schools, which I think is a TERRIBLE idea. If all schools close what happens? All the parents quit their jobs. Economy then goes to shit, crime rate skyrockets (from all the kids getting bored and so going out and causing stuff).
    How can you go from advocating isolation to wanting to keep the schools open in one post? Schools and child care centers are up there with senior centers and swingers clubs in terms of being petri dishes for disease transmission.

Anyone else thinking that the next great depression is about to hit? When this thing is said and done, the economic cost is going to be HUGE.
    There will be a large loss of jobs over a short amount of time and the federal government will go far deeper into debt. But if it's over in 6 months of less, I think we will recover relatively quickly. There will be pent-up demand released as soon as we get back to normal.

Quote Originally Posted by jkcerda View Post
    it appears we are about to brace for the worst and the weekend thieves are starting to pop up.
    We're on THE Garrett Shrine, are you afraid of those B-series taffers?

Quote Originally Posted by heywood View Post
    That's actually somewhat relieving news for me, if the initial sudden spike in caseload can be traced to a single super-spreading event. But I have to wonder how a single or small group of individuals could infect so many in one sporting event. The negative way to look at it is that the virus might be much more infections than previously thought.
    Small?

40.000........https://www.gazzetta.it/Calcio/Serie...87736575.shtml

BANNED
    We're on THE Garrett Shrine, are you afraid of those B-series taffers?
    Too many on my family are anti gun. Clowns. Due to CA stupid laws I can’t even lend them guns w/o committing a felony

Moderator and Priest
    JK, I think it's time you build a compound.

BANNED

Still Subjective
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingerbread Man View Post
    $10 says none of us can actually picture as few as 10 dead bodies in the same room, maybe not that honest to act like a blasť edgelord about hundreds or more.
    Well I can. One is bad enough.

The economic hit is going to be massive. We need a mortgage and rent freeze, right now. Closing down stuff is going to be terrible for so many businesses that don't have runway, and some companies with capacity are being dreadful.

Virgin Airlines for example asking people to take 2 weeks unpaid leave when Branson himself could pay everyone's wages and really not notice it. This is going to reveal a lot of things and hopefully when we come out the other side there will be a lot of examination of this behaviour.

Moderator and Priest
    If I had to pick a running theme for this particular party, it'd be "ignore the uncomfortable obvious staring you in the face until it can be ignored no longer."

I'm sure the next step in the soiree will be "blame someone else for all the mistakes we've made."

We imposed a 1 item per person limit over here on some items. Doesn't work when people do stuff like this:

I'm not singling out nationalities with this video sharing. Everyone is panic buying, not just Asian people.

Moderator and Priest
    The story of humanity right there. A lot of good people doing the best they can, and a few bad eggs fucking it up for everybody.

I got labelled racist on Facebook for sharing that one.

88 deaths in Bergamo yesterday.
    In one day.

+28......

Quote Originally Posted by icemann View Post
    I got labelled racist on Facebook for sharing that one.
    I'm Chinese by ethnicity. You're fine.

So they closed the Hobbiton tourist attraction/movie set today, I have an old colleague who is now out of work. I also applied for shelf stacking at a nearby place. Got a weeks worth of work at another.

We also now have more confirmed cases and of those, two have not had any contact with anyone from overseas or travelled recently which is where all of our cases have previously come from.

I think you missed the point.

On 19 February, Italy was reporting only three cases total. Surely there were more who had contracted the virus but hadn't presented any symptoms yet. So let's look one week later. On 26 Feb there were 470 reported cases. Some number of those people were walking around spreading the virus a week earlier. And some of those people attended the match. But how many? 10, 20, 50? There couldn't have been a huge number of spreaders. So if this match was the start of the epidemic in Bergamo, that suggests to me that the virus could spread more easily than thought.

And it is precisely so "the virus could spread more easily than thought".

It's damn contagious, like the cold virus.

Remember that it can use the eye conjunctiva as a door.

+20% dead ones in one day

Total count now bigger than in China
    The culprit? Age and ACE2.

Page 28 of 122 FirstFirst ... 3813182324252627282930313233384348535863687378 ... LastLast