TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 29 of 93 FirstFirst ... 4914192425262728293031323334394449545964697479 ... LastLast

Thread: ☣ Coronavirus ☣

Moderator and Priest
    Our president, ladies and gentlemen.

Quote some unflattering figures at him, ask what he'll say to Americans who are feeling scared, and get the usual fake news spiel.

It's amazing to think that dipshits like Vae think this is a fine example of leadership.

Moderator and Priest
    And think about how much more effective his administration would be if they didn't have to waste time trying to convince him every action they take won't hurt his ratings.

Quote Originally Posted by lowenz View Post
    Lombardy data today, +500 deaths.

LittleFlower
    Quote Originally Posted by Renzatic View Post
    It's amazing to think that dipshits like Vae think this is a fine example of leadership.

Good luck with your country.

LittleFlower
    I saw the Italian numbers 15 minutes before you posted them here, Lowenz.
    6557 new infections nation-wide, bringing the total to 53578.
    793 new deaths (545 in Lombardia) !!

Unbelievable !?!
    I knew that those numbers were coming. I don't care much about percentage-growth anymore. By now we know that all the numbers are basically doubling every 3 days. (Which amounts to a 20-30% daily increase). Next weekend, these numbers will be 3-4x as high. So next weekend I expect 2500 new deaths per day .... Fuck.

Oh, and I have no doubt the same is coming in NL. And the USA. It will just take a few more weeks to get there.

Moderator and Priest
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryzemuis View Post
    Good luck with your country.
    It's still not the end of the world over here. There are plenty of very competent people handling this, some of which are among Trump's administration.

...it's just that our figurehead is something of a dipshit.

And think about how much more effective his administration would be if they didn't have to waste time trying to convince him every action they take won't hurt his ratings.
    you mean how far ahead we would have been flattening the curve had he banned travel from china ???

A hundred and forty cases in my state so far with four deaths so percentages about right. My son in laws stocks lost 40% which is the average. Both he and my daughter in law are teachers and on leave. My daughters company has laid folks off but not her yet. My son is rolling right along in the trucking business. My company is sold out of every type of face mask and back ordered. My sisters company had a pilot test positive and called today to say she won't be able to make my moms birthday party because she is sick, not that it mattered because it's cancelled. No restaurants are open including the one we usually have it at. Cashiers are wearing masks and gloves now. Bread is out in grocery stores. Jack Daniels is out on liquor store shelves.

Four cases confirmed in my county but the hatches are being battened. This is Oxford, college town, party town, on a Friday night. I cannot recall it ever looking like this.

I still think my wife and I had it in January because the symptoms matched but we self isolated family wise. I still went to work. No way to tell now.

Moderator and Priest
    You keep repeating this as if it would've made a difference. It was a ban on foreign nationals who had visited China within 14 days of the ban. It didn't stop US citizens from coming back home, and only the barest effort was put in place to check on them when they set foot on US soil.

Did it spread through Chinese tourists visiting the US after Trump attempted the ban? No, it didn't. It spread through the very people who were exempt from the ban. Trump didn't even press the issue, which he could've done. It's not like criticism has ever stopped him before.

When you repeat this bullshit a 10th time, I'll repeat this same fact back to you. Trump's initial attempts were, at best, half assed, and mostly dismissive. He was warned about it for a month leading up to the initial outbreak, but his primary concern was keeping up appearances in front of the media, worried that an outbreak would make him look bad for the November election.

...and now, here we are. Three weeks behind the rest of the world. It's apparently everyone else's fault but his. He was more concerned with insulting the governor of Washington state, and claiming the calls for urgency were a Democrat hoax to make him look bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Gryzemuis View Post
    I saw the Italian numbers 15 minutes before you posted them here, Lowenz.
    6557 new infections nation-wide, bringing the total to 53578.
    793 new deaths (545 in Lombardia) !!

Unbelievable !?!
    I knew that those numbers were coming. I don't care much about percentage-growth anymore. By now we know that all the numbers are basically doubling every 3 days. (Which amounts to a 20-30% daily increase). Next weekend, these numbers will be 3-4x as high. So next weekend I expect 2500 new deaths per day .... Fuck.

Oh, and I have no doubt the same is coming in NL. And the USA. It will just take a few more weeks to get there.
    Yeah.
    And we're NOT counting the deaths OUTSIDE the hospitals.....the ones with NO test result.

So 545->600/650 or up to 700/800

It's really a monster, as I said (one of my uncles in another province - Lecco - is now fighiting for life in ICU)

I hope that monday the 15 days old quarantine would give us some positive outlook.....

It's still not the end of the world
    ....but you can see it from here

You keep repeating this as if it would've made a difference. It was a ban on foreign nationals who had visited China within 14 days of the ban. It didn't stop US citizens from coming back home, and only the barest effort was put in place to check on them when they set foot on US soil.

Did it spread through Chinese tourists visiting the US after Trump attempted the ban? No, it didn't. It spread through the very people who were exempt from the ban. Trump didn't even press the issue, which he could've done. It's not like criticism has ever stopped him before.

When you repeat this bullshit a 10th time, I'll repeat this same fact back to you. Trump's initial attempts were, at best, half assed, and mostly dismissive. He was warned about it for a month leading up to the initial outbreak, but his primary concern was keeping up appearances in front of the media, worried that an outbreak would make him look bad for the November election.

...and now, here we are. Three weeks behind the rest of the world. It's apparently everyone else's fault but his. He was more concerned with insulting the governor of Washington state, and claiming the calls for urgency were a Democrat hoax to make him look bad.
    less infected people coming in would indeed make a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by jkcerda View Post
    less infected people coming in would indeed make a difference.
    Or an underestimation of the problem.

Moderator and Priest
    This is kinda funny. If a bit of outrage isn't enough, I guess you can always manufacture some more.

Sure, having less people coming in would have made a difference, hence why I haven't bitched about Trump's later implemented full travel ban with complete checks for all US citizens coming home from abroad. His travel ban was half assed, and wouldn't have done much to stop it.

Like banning African countries, but not Europeans? How the fuck does that make any sense? Europe is a major travel hub that sees a lot of international traffic. Most African countries aren't. The whole thing seemed less a concern about corralling the virus, more an easier excuse to push his previous political agendas.

Still Subjective
    I'm a Trump critic and I think that the initial bans were good things. Could have gone further, yes, but at that time Europe was doing sod all and now look.

I do think the USA is in for a dreadful time this year, sadly. I think the real problems will arise there because it's just too big with too many disparate rules.

This is kinda funny. If a bit of outrage isn't enough, I guess you can always manufacture some more.

Sure, having less people coming in would have made a difference, hence why I haven't bitched about Trump's later implemented full travel ban with complete checks for all US citizens coming home from abroad. His travel ban was half assed, and wouldn't have done much to stop it.

Like banning African countries, but not Europeans? How the fuck does that make any sense? Europe is a major travel hub that sees a lot of international traffic. Most African countries aren't. The whole thing seemed less a concern about corralling the virus, more an easier excuse to push his previous political agendas.
    I have NO PROBLEMS telling you that trump is a dip shit who does NOT mind looking like a racist so he can get more votes from his base. that said he also needs to lick ass just like Obama did when he sucked the ass from the S-A POS M'fers.

anyways . remember this?
    https://www.aclu.org/press-releases/...N_okhtDo5A8sKU

guess what orange messiah gets to use it?
    (Meme removed)

POWDER Coated my slugs, got 200 of these babies to load for the shotgun
    (Meme removed)

POWDER Coated my slugs, got 200 of these babies to load for the shotgun
    Good luck fighting the corona virus with that

it works by shooting anyone who coughs.................

Moderator and Priest
    it works by shooting anyone who coughs.................
    But what if they get their blood on you?

Anyway, yeah, indefinite detention. The Trump administration has already been using that law to detain border hoppers. Not surprised they're expanding it in times of emergency.

I did not support that crap under Obama, sure as hell do NOT support cheeto hitler doing it.

Yay. Death on top of death. It's like death fucked death and had a stillborn. I guess I just don't understand death worship. We used to call those wad cutters flying ashtrays BTW.

https://www.facebook.com/socheateat/...2NTg3MzgwNjg1/

hope enough liberals pulled their head out of their ass .

Because we need more death? Big explody death?

Page 29 of 93 FirstFirst ... 4914192425262728293031323334394449545964697479 ... LastLast