TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 29 of 138 FirstFirst ... 4914192425262728293031323334394449545964697479129 ... LastLast

Thread: ☣ Coronavirus ☣

Moderator and Priest
    Quote Originally Posted by SubJeff View Post
    Can you not drink tap water in the USA?
    We can, but we're really whiny about it.

I have always drank, uh, drinken ... drunk ... en? tap water in the US (and Japan).
    It's water, who cares (is I think the typical American reaction to things like that).
    Anyway it has fluoride which apparently has been good for people's teeth.

BANNED
    That's not the right attitude dema.

In many countries it's not safe to drink tap water. In Nigeria, for example, we used to boil tap water and then bottle it in the fridge.

Then there's Flint, Michigan.

That's not the right attitude dema.

In many countries it's not safe to drink tap water. In Nigeria, for example, we used to boil tap water and then bottle it in the fridge.
    I was going to say "in developed countries" but then I thought against it as no one would be that obtuse and it wasn't honest (I haven't actually lived in every developed country), but I did specifically clarify "in the US and Japan" and specifically didn't mention the developing countries in which I've lived (Myanmar and Thailand) to make the same point.

But whatevs, daijobs. 'Scool.

So while I wait it out, I completed my proton pack.

I also installed some running lights too.

Are you in the know of the symbolism behind Ghostbusters and the proton pack, right?

And why you must NEVER cross the streams, right? Or everything get fucked up, literally.

BANNED
    It was the "who cares" I was talking issue with dema, that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by lowenz View Post
    Are you in the know of the symbolism behind Ghostbusters and the proton pack, right?
    As long as you don't mention 1939-1945 and Germany, we'll be good

Quote Originally Posted by bob_doe_nz View Post
    As long as you don't mention 1939-1945 and Germany, we'll be good
    The movie is literally all about the sexual life (the real phantom) initiation of 3 different types of doctorate nerds (they are A-team/McGuyver grade parapsychologists) trying to build their lives "out there"
    In the harsh reality that preys on nerds.

Ah, and of course I LOVE IT. Grown up with the cartoon series, really pushed me to the science and the real psychology

Good luck aussies! Love from the new global center of the epidemic......Bergamo (it's ridiculous to say, we always want to be famous for Atalanta soccer team and our cultural heritage, not for this! Totally not! Every day now there's the Army truck procession with the coffins of deads going to other cities crematorium, it's surreal).

->

Quote Originally Posted by icemann View Post
    If the virus really did start the way that I've been reading (in "wet markets" in China, where endangered animals are killed and then eaten). That is some evil stuff. Makes the virus a karma of sorts.

Not saying for a second, that all the people in Europe and elsewhere deserved it. But those people doing that to the defenseless animals I don't have sympathy for. For everyone else, completely undeserved.
    The virus can't live in DEAD animals.
    And of course if you "eat" it you can't get a pneumonia (really really strange).

More likely a bat bite.

LESS deaths, finally ! -100 comparing to yesterday here in Lombardy.

BANNED
    The new numbers in the USA are frightening. I said that the USA was in for a bad ride. I reckon there will be more cases in the USA than in China in the next week or so. We've a lot of USA residents on this site. Good luck and avoid getting this if you can.

Quote Originally Posted by icemann View Post
    But those people doing that to the defenseless animals I don't have sympathy for.
    Aren't all animals butchered for meat defenceless? The type of wet market suspected as the origin site is special only because they bung in all sorts of animals together. Slaughtering a pangolin, a bat, a chicken and a snake on the same slab, and storing the amongst one another - that's your problem.

Moderator and Priest
    The virus can't live in DEAD animals.
    And of course if you "eat" it you can't get a pneumonia (really really strange).

More likely a bat bite.
    It could have either began from a bat bite, or from the aerosolized particulates from the freshly killed and processed meats at that open air wet market in Wuhan.

The new numbers in the USA are frightening. I said that the USA was in for a bad ride. I reckon there will be more cases in the USA than in China in the next week or so. We've a lot of USA residents on this site. Good luck and avoid getting this if you can.

Aren't all animals butchered for meat defenceless? The type of wet market suspected as the origin site is special only because they bung in all sorts of animals together. Slaughtering a pangolin, a bat, a chicken and a snake on the same slab, and storing the amongst one another - that's your problem.
    Problem is your gastric acid can destroy every existing coronavirus.
    You can't get this simply "eating". It's nearly impossible.

Moderator and Priest
    I reckon there will be more cases in the USA than in China in the next week or so. We've a lot of USA residents on this site. Good luck and avoid getting this if you can.
    I wouldn't trust any news coming out of China at the moment. They've removed all embedded foreign journalists from circulation, and are now controlling the entire narrative on the issue. This could still be tearing through their country, and we wouldn't know about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Renzatic View Post
    I wouldn't trust any news coming out of China at the moment. They've removed all embedded foreign journalists from circulation, and are now controlling the entire narrative on the issue. This could still be tearing through their country, and we wouldn't know about it.
    You're a smart guy but why China would risk to be caught on a subject SO globally pivotal ?

BANNED
    Problem is your gastric acid can destroy every existing coronavirus.
    You can't get this simply "eating". It's nearly impossible.
    I didn't say anything about eating.

Moderator and Priest
    You're a smart guy but why China would risk to be caught on a subject SO globally pivotal ?
    Hell, they've already been caught downplaying this once already. They've since started claiming the whole thing started in the US, and we're just trying to shift the blame to them.

There's no reason to assume they'll decide to tell the truth because the stakes are so high. They have face to save.

It's pretty obvious they're following the old Soviet playbook on this one.

Too soon, ten years later?

BANNED

Hahah. I can haz gun niao?

Bacon and butt-wipes. All you need for the apocalypse.

Page 29 of 138 FirstFirst ... 4914192425262728293031323334394449545964697479129 ... LastLast